HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fuck the yankees
Posted by: Lauren ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:05AM

Fuck the yankees. I hate them. Fucking overpaid assholes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuck the yankees
Posted by: killyankees ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:11AM

Amen brother. A-Rod is the worst fucking thing to ever happen to baseball. They all can go fuck themselves.. They bought this world series last offseason.

Posted by: Yankees fan ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:31AM

I <3 the Yankees
I <3 penises
I <3 buying World Series
I <3 Not having a farm system
I <3 Black penises
I <3 sleeping with Madonna
I <3 Hideki Matsui's little penis
I <3 buying players away from their teams

Posted by: come on guys ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:36AM

Come on guys, be realistic, they would be overpaid if they didnt win the world series!! they are the champs. stop hating

Posted by: HATER ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:38AM

Dude, I would hate the Yankees even if they didnt win a single game all fucking season. fuck them.

Posted by: you cum on guys ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:45AM

okay, being overpaid and NOT winning the World Series would just be more embarrassing than buying a world series. Both still blow, whats your point?

Posted by: The price of greatness ()
Date: November 05, 2009 01:24AM

The price of greatness is hatred incurred from the inferior.

Such is the lot of the Yankee fan, yapping, toy poodle Yankee haters forever nipping at their heels.

The Yankees spend a boat load of money on players. We all know that. The millions of people who complain about that, what do you want the Yankees to do with the money they make? Seriously people? They spend it on making the best team possible. Just because it doesn't always work out for them, do you honestly think that they should stop spending money on players to put the best team out on the field?

And btw, money alone does not buy championships. See Dan Snyder. See NY Mets. See Yankees circa 2001-2008.

Also, what people seem to forget are the many extremely wealthy team owners (eg, billionaire Carl Pohlad of the Twins (died Jan 2009), or John Henry of the Red Sox (at least, pre-2008 market crash)) - who are FAR wealthier than the Steinbrenner family - but who are LOATH to risk their own money on their team. Their cheapness is somehow honorable in your eyes?

Similarly, the Yankees have to pay a "luxury tax" to other teams like tampa bay whose payroll is less than the tax, i.e., the owners are pocketing the money rather than investing it in their team.

Yankee profits, by contrast, are plowed back into the team, not put into the owner's pocket.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:36AM

LOL, GO YANKEES! Don't hate, you little ones. The best franchise in Sports History! 27 World Championships! It can be lonely at the top, as evidenced by some on this thread. Go eat a Cheesesteak, it'll make you feel better in the morning.

Posted by: girlie ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:25AM

As you can tell from the above picture, lots of folks hate the Yankees.

Why don't you whinny girly girls go back to being redskin fans. You don't see Steinbrenner (or his son) apologizing. Y'all sound like a bunch of republicans after the presendential election. Keep bitchin'. It makes good comedy.

Date: November 05, 2009 09:36AM

I hate the Yankees but give credit where credit is due. This is probably one of the best baseball lineups since Murderer's Row.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: BagODonuts ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:30AM

Agreed to that. Credit it due. As much as that sickens me to say that.

I'd love to see baseball institute a salary cap. I know some teams have breakout seasons that have lower payrolls, but I have to say, I think the lack of a cap hurts the league as a whole. It would be way more competitive and have more parity.

I like the fact that every year in the NFL teams have a real chance at winning since it's more of a level playing field in terms of talent spread across the league.

Posted by: OBEE ()
Date: November 05, 2009 01:52PM

It takes more than money. But, it helps that the fans fuels the money. You need to spend the money correctly. Steinbrenner has seven titles. Danny spends a lot too. What have the Skins done? Two playoff games in ten years????Any other teams in the timeframe come close to the Yanks? You either hate or love the Yankees. We have won 27 WS and 40 Pennants. Name any other team in history with that type of success. I love that the team I back spends the money to get good players.

We help other teams. Our road attendance is the highest every year. When we pay a pay role tax to other small market teams, they don’t spend it on players. You don’t think our TV ratings this year helped the other owners? Sports need a dominate teams. Celtics, Lakers, Red Sox, Red Wings, Penguins, Packers, Pats.

Let’s look at local teams. Look at their owners. I’ll take Steinbrenner.

The Bad

Nats:
-Could the Nats own their own TV station?
-Will they ever buy as many tickets and spirit ware as Yankee fans?
-Their ownership took a great opportunity with sell outs at decrepit RFK to empty seat galore at a NEW Stadium.

Skins:
-Do I need to go on here?
-Worst game experience in the league
-Suing fans
-Selling to brokers while lying about “The waiting list”
-In ten years, Snyder has taken one of the most storied franchises in the NFL to a laughing stock.

Wizards:
-They spend a lot of money. Can they get past Cleveland?
-Terrible uniforms.
-Dysfunctional team run by players

O’s:
-Angelos has ruined that team
-The year before he bought it, it was SOLD out
-He ruined the great farm system and alienated a great fan base.
-Home games agaiant the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies sound like away games on the radio

The Good

Caps:
-Class owner who realized buying it in this market did not work. Built it threw the draft
-One of the best owners for fans

Ravens:
-One of the best game day experiences in the NFL
-One of four teams in the NFL that does not use the scouting combine. Their internal scouting department is considered the best.

Posted by: BagODonuts ()
Date: November 05, 2009 01:59PM

I love it when fans talking about their favorite teams use "we"...

Date: November 05, 2009 02:11PM

OBEE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Let’s look at local teams. Look at their owners.
> I’ll take Steinbrenner.
>
> The Bad
>
> Nats:
> -Could the Nats own their own TV station?
> -Will they ever buy as many tickets and spirit
> ware as Yankee fans?
> -Their ownership took a great opportunity with
> sell outs at decrepit RFK to empty seat galore at
> a NEW Stadium.
>

In defense of the Nats, I have attended about half-a-dozen games each season the team has been here. RFK was a ghost town the season before they went to the new stadium. And sell outs at RFK were incredibly rare. As for the new stadium, while attendance could be better, it's pretty damn good considering the team's record.

> Skins:
> -Do I need to go on here?
> -Worst game experience in the league
> -Suing fans
> -Selling to brokers while lying about “The waiting
> list”
> -In ten years, Snyder has taken one of the most
> storied franchises in the NFL to a laughing
> stock.
>

No argument here.

> Wizards:
> -They spend a lot of money. Can they get past
> Cleveland?
> -Terrible uniforms.
> -Dysfunctional team run by players
>

Still, compared to their history, they are a hell of a lot better than they were. As for dysfunctional, remember the Knicks under Isiah Thomas?

> O’s:
> -Angelos has ruined that team
> -The year before he bought it, it was SOLD out
> -He ruined the great farm system and alienated a
> great fan base.
> -Home games agaiant the Yankees, Red Sox, and
> Phillies sound like away games on the radio
>

No disagreement there.

> The Good
>
> Caps:
> -Class owner who realized buying it in this market
> did not work. Built it threw the draft
> -One of the best owners for fans
>

Yes, but I'm getting a little concerned with how the team is playing this year. There's definitely an ingredient missing.

> Ravens:
> -One of the best game day experiences in the NFL
> -One of four teams in the NFL that does not use
> the scouting combine. Their internal scouting
> department is considered the best.

Great team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:22PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Yes, but I'm getting a little concerned with how
> the team is playing this year. There's definitely
> an ingredient missing.

They can't score on a damn power play to save their lives. And at least a couple games so far this season they blew a big lead to barely squeak by with a win. They need to work on their defense. Goalie won't catch them all.

Date: November 05, 2009 02:30PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:

>
>
> They can't score on a damn power play to save
> their lives. And at least a couple games so far
> this season they blew a big lead to barely squeak
> by with a win. They need to work on their defense.
> Goalie won't catch them all.

That was the problem last year. You think they would have focused more attention on it after the embarrassing loss to the Penguins in that last game.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.