HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
No Soliciting
Posted by: Do Not Disturb ()
Date: July 13, 2017 09:24AM

I have a "no soliciting" sign by the front door of my house. This used to be effective, but it no longer works. At least once a day, some salesman rings the doorbell. I usually answer the door and point to the sign, but I'm getting tired of doing this. If I don't answer the door, they usually come back later and ring the bell again.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Soliciting
Posted by: AnnoyedBySalesPeople ()
Date: July 13, 2017 09:32AM

Shoot the next one in the chest with a 12 gauge and leave him lying on your front porch. That will deter the next ones from ringing the bell. They will eventually stop coming to your house. Your welcome.

Posted by: FFXU online internet troll ()
Date: July 13, 2017 09:41AM

Take a paper plate, put some dog pooh on it & put it on Ur porch. If that don't run 'em away on its own, let 'em ring the bell. When they do, open the door, squirt some lighter fluid or charcoal starter on it & throw a match or lit paper wad at it. When the dog pooh catches fire, close the door.

Word will get out.

Ur welcome.

Posted by: Awwwww.... ()
Date: July 13, 2017 12:05PM

Surprisingly mine works great. One of my simple pleasures is watching on my surveillance cams the sad faces of losers who have walked all the way up my drive and then seeing the sign having to walk all the way back down for no reason. Very rarely does anyone violate it. Usually that's political or charity types who think that it doesn't apply to them for some reason.

Posted by: Be a real man, answer the door! ()
Date: July 13, 2017 12:22PM

I don't understand why you can't open the door, explain to them what no soliciting means and send them on their way with a warning to never return. Don't be chicken.

Posted by: jodd ()
Date: July 13, 2017 12:28PM

Get a Rottweiler, chain him to ur front stoop/porch/door. Make sure chain is thick.
My friend has Rottweiler, no one goes near his front door, I once was acquiring drugs in front of crackhouse, I was at phonebooth all I did was hang up phone aggressively and the crackhouse Rottweiler attacked me, I ran and used my hands to shove him but he bit them, then he got one or two snips at my stomach chest, and I ran and jumped on top of a car...only 3 small snips from that fuckin dog cause alot of damage

Posted by: Always Works for Me ()
Date: July 13, 2017 01:37PM

Sure fire way to keep them away! You can thank me later!

I put a Sprinkler in the Front yard, one of the solid directional ones that have the built in ground spike. I aim it directly at my front door about 15 feet away. connect the garden hose, why did I include that? because many of you idiots would forget. I turn the outside valve wide open, making sure it is blasting my front door. then I go inside and close the valve that supplies this hose bib. When Idiots disobey the sign, I casually walk into my Laundry room and open the valve...Sends them running every time. Unless of course its Dexter Manley Poor Bastard its not his fault!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.