HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gunman Dead After Killing At Least 1 In Shooting At Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center; Up To 6 Shot
Posted by: one more for the Fox retard ()
Date: June 30, 2017 05:07PM

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/30/bronx-lebanon-hospital-shooting/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A gunman who opened fire at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center is dead, police said.

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that the gunman killed at least one person before killing himself.

Four to six people were shot, and other people suffered minor injuries while attempting to get away.

The extent of the injuries of the other shooting victims wasn’t immediately clear. A witness told CBS2’s Valerie Castro one of the victims was a doctor who had been shot in the hand.

The gunman has been identified as Dr. Henry Bello, a family medicine physician and former employee. He allegedly brought a rifle into the hospital underneath a white lab coat.

The incident began at 2:50 p.m. at 173rd Street and Grand Concourse in the Mt. Eden section.

Responding officers went floor by floor searching for Bello.

A “red alert” went off within the hospital, which was placed on lockdown. Doctors and nurses barricaded themselves within.

“Everybody said ‘Code red, shut your doors.’ We didn’t know what was going on, we were scared. I heard people screaming. … I pushed the chair to the door so nobody could come in,” a hospital patient named Toby told CBS2’s Valerie Castro. “I got scared. I started crying, I didn’t know what to do.”

“People were scared, they were nervous,” Toby added. “I feel very grateful, I’m scared to go back inside.”

One of the gunshot victims was a doctor who had been shot in the hand, witness Gonzalo Carazo said.

“It was scary seeing the blood on the doctors,” Carazo said. “I saw blood on the floor, I saw blood on one of the doctor’s hands.”

“When I heard that my heart started beating and I prayed. I called my pastor to pray for us,” a woman named Hilda said. “I told everybody to pray because we didn’t know what would happen to us. … We locked the door and everybody laid down on the floor. I’m sickened.”

“We heard ‘active shooter, active shooter,'” ambulance worker Robert Maldonado said. Maldonado was on the ninth floor, and said police carried a victim down from the 12th floor. Maldonado, his partner and police officers then carried the shooting victim down nine flights of stairs to the ground floor, he told Castro.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and Police Commissioner James O’Neill were both on the scene after the shooting.

Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center describes itself as the largest voluntary, not-for-profit health care system in the south and central Bronx.

The 120-year-old hospital claims nearly 1,000 beds spread across multiple units. Its emergency room is among the busiest in New York City.

The hospital is about a mile and a half north of Yankee Stadium.

Check back soon for more information on this developing story.

(© Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.