HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Demokrats in Kongress don't want you to read bills
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:06AM

Why do the demokrats want to hide bills before they come to a vote?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Congressional-leaders-fight-against-posting-bills-online-8340658-63557217.html

Is this part of Obama's promise for a new era in open government? Or is this bu$ine$$ as usual for the demokrats and their kongress?

I am not sure how the demokrats defend themselves on this. Why can't we read and comment on something that will affect every American and possibly make them go to jail if they do not pay the insurance company mob bosses regularly?

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Demokrats in Kongress don't want you to read bills
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:11AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do the demokrats want to hide bills before
> they come to a vote?

It's not just democrats. This is a bipartisan problem that has been going on forever. They love to vote at three in the morning when the opposition isn't around so that they can get their bills and agendas passed.

Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:13AM

Like it matters, most members of Congress cannot read anyway. Besides, they collectively fail to seriously debate most issues since that would require actually taking a position on something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2009 11:17AM by Wahhh.

Date: October 06, 2009 11:19AM

The reason the Congress doesn't want to post bills online is the same reason why city councils post public notices in hard to find places. If everyone made an effort to provide input on everything that was going before a public official, NOTHING would get accomplished...ever!

This is the way our country works. You elect a public servant to represent you. You let that public servant do his or her job. If they don't do his or her job to your liking, you vote them out of office.

Vote them out of office in 2010 if you don't like what they are doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Lopter17 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:44AM

Congress is outdated. With today's new technology we should be able to login, read a bill and vote on it. Those who take the time to vote get their way. A true democracy.

Posted by: Robert Byrd ()
Date: October 06, 2009 12:20PM

Lopter17 Wrote:
> Congress is outdated. With today's new technology
> we should be able to login, read a bill and vote
> on it. Those who take the time to vote get their
> way. A true democracy.

that's retarded, not to mention unconstitutional

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:24PM

oh those demokrats are at it again. :P

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
bunning3.jpg

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 07, 2009 03:12AM

Don't forget that the patriot act was passed without anyone reading it.

Hell, the patriot act was written years before 9/11, and was just sitting there waiting for an opportunity to have it passed without question.

The same people who wrote the patriot act also wanted to invade Iraq and depose Saddam Insane.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:29AM

We aren't talking about the USA PATRIOT Act or what happened before. We are talking about the outright refusal NOW following Obama's promises during the campaign that this wouldn't happen and the American People can expect a more open government.

The country voted for change. I don't think "change" is defined as pointing to the Bush years as an example and NOT changing a damn thing as you have done with your excusing of the behavior. That looks like more of same to me. Doesn't Obama look more like Bush 3 because he is doing the same things? Funny that I'm not hearing that comment from the demokrats.

They promised change, but once they are in charge they refuse responsibility and point to activities of people in the past to justify their actions. Kongressional demokrats and this president believe change is defined as "do nothing different" apparently. I'll take a misspelling of "tomato" over that any day.

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 07:34AM by conVince.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 08, 2009 02:21AM

Here is some interesting information

AMA Endorses Largest Denier of Health Care Claims
http://biggovernment.com/2009/10/05/ama-endorses-largest-denier-of-health-care-claims/

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/368/reportcard.pdf

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University
Attachments:
denialofclaim.jpg

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 08, 2009 11:26AM

This issue of reading bills is another phony issue...right up there with undocumented workers...designed to bring government to a grinding halt. Next it will be..did you personally write the bill. The fact is people in the business world as well as government officials rely on their staffs and experts to help them draft and understand bills. Its no big deal...a phony issue.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: October 08, 2009 03:26PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Here is some interesting information
>
> AMA Endorses Largest Denier of Health Care Claims
> http://biggovernment.com/2009/10/05/ama-endorses-l
> argest-denier-of-health-care-claims/
>
> http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/368/rep
> ortcard.pdf

Breitbart? Seriously? LOL. This from the same person who believes Media Matters is a Lefty plot to destroy the fabric of American life.

Yep, interesting all right. Most used "denial code" by Anthem, Humana, and United Health Care: #27..wait for it..."Expenses incurred after coverage terminated."

In layman's terms: "We got your ass terminated from coverage before you could submit these costly claims, so FUCK YOU!" Anywhere from 14-35% of their "denials" use this code. I guess the only answer is they have stupid customers, huh, Reggie?

Most used denial codes by Medicare:
#16 "Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication", and

#50 "These are non-covered services because this is not deemed a ‘medical necessity’ by the payer."

48% of Medicare "denials" fall into these 2 codes--in layman's terms, "Don't send us bullshit non-medically-necessary charges to use taxpayer $$ to pay for, and "At least fill out the forms so they make sense before we agree to pay them". Sounds about right to me--don't we want wise payouts from the Medicare system we all fund?

So when you subtract 48% of those Medicare "denials", you're left with a denial rate of around 3.56%. Now go look at the chart again.

Nice job, Breitbart. Way to twist a bunch of statistics in order to propagandize the issue. And attempt to make the AMA into some insidious group set on destroying our "fantastic" health care system we all know and love.

And nice job, Reggie, falling for it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 03:32PM by fairfaxdude.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 08, 2009 04:16PM

Using your logic then -

Aetna:
65.7% - Payment adjusted because the benefit for this service is included in the payment/allowance for another service/procedure that has already been adjudicated. (meaning it was paid but the doctor/hospital tried to potentially submit multiple claims for the same cost)
7.8% - Payment adjusted because requested information was not provided or was insufficient/incomplete. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code). This change to be effective 4/1/2008: Requested information was not provided or was insufficient/incomplete. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code).

Anthem BCBS (They also have one of the higher after termination 14.9%):
20.1% - Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code).

CIGNA :
2.6% - Payment adjusted because requested information was not provided or was insufficient/incomplete. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code). This change to be effective 4/1/2008: Requested information was not provided or was insufficient/incomplete. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code).

Humana (They also have one of the higher after termination 34.2%):
9.4% - Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided (may be comprised of either the Remittance Advice Remark Code or NCPDP Reject Reason Code).

United Health Care: They have one of the higher after termination 37.9% but much lower adjustment of 1.4%

Aetna used "After coverage terminated" - 1.2%
Anthem BCBS used "Expenses incurred after coverage terminated" - 14.9%
CIGNA used "Expenses incurred after coverage terminated" - 1.4%
Humana used "Expenses incurred after coverage terminated" - 34.2%
United Health Care used "Expenses incurred after coverage terminated" - 37.9%

After coverage termination can mean many things other than just being dropped because you got sick. Having seen this used on my claims from time to time, it occurred because I changed employers, or coverage plans via my employer, and the doctor's office submitted the claim to the wrong provider (it happens a LOT). It can also be used because the employee was out of work and went to the doctor who then submitted the claim but it was not covered because they were out of work (and didn't opt for COBRA).

Take all of those into account, and Medicare has the highest rates of rejecting payment of the initial claims, or just outright denies a claim because they don't think you needed the treatment. Both of those add up to you getting called by the doctor's office or hospital looking for payment.

So yeah, the numbers suck for Medicare, regardless of your attempt to make it sound like they have some altruistic motivation. The same issue is cited by other providers, so their rates still fall much lower than Medicare.

Fail again ffdude, nice job.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 04:18PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: omgomgomg ()
Date: October 08, 2009 04:21PM

I don't know about you all, but Registered Voter's posts give me gas.

Posted by: omgomgomg ()
Date: October 08, 2009 04:25PM

did I mention that, as a gay dem, he also turns me on?

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:57PM

Babylon wan bite me, Crime Ministers an politricks, dem a wan invade Zion yuh no...

No more fussin an fightin yuh no seh, rastaman a come ina black starliner, I an I a bun the shitstem...Babylon a fall, church an state a fall...rasta wan cut down all backbiters an vampires, yuh no.

Date: October 08, 2009 08:38PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> This issue of reading bills is another phony
> issue...right up there with undocumented
> workers...designed to bring government to a
> grinding halt. Next it will be..did you
> personally write the bill. The fact is people in
> the business world as well as government officials
> rely on their staffs and experts to help them
> draft and understand bills. Its no big deal...a
> phony issue.

seriously?!

file.php?40,file=2868
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 08, 2009 11:22PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This issue of reading bills is another phony
> > issue...right up there with undocumented
> > workers...designed to bring government to a
> > grinding halt. Next it will be..did you
> > personally write the bill. The fact is people
> in
> > the business world as well as government
> officials
> > rely on their staffs and experts to help them
> > draft and understand bills. Its no big
> deal...a
> > phony issue.
>
>
> seriously?!
>
>

Same old worthless comment by Gravis. I guess you are too busy tracking IP addresses and pretending you amount to something to say anyhting of consequence.

Desiously?! fucking idiot!

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: October 11, 2009 02:42PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Same old worthless comment by Gravis. I guess you
> are too busy tracking IP addresses and pretending
> you amount to something to say anyhting of
> consequence.
>
> Desiously?! fucking idiot!

i apologize for the insulting picture. i simply want to reiterate your position is that of deception. you insult and try to belittle all opposition you encounter when you have nothing legitimate to say. the comments you do have are mostly comprised hate filled messages and political "mud slinging". the arguments you present is completely one sided and completely omits facts that do not support your agenda. this kind of deception is called telling half-truths and scream of bias. your vision of the world is quite twisted, as presented in your postings. im not sure why you are angry at the majority of society but you seem very angry in your posts and it keeps escalating each day. i think you have anger issues. perhaps you should take a break from FU, like a cooling off period.

as for the tracker image, i rarely check the logs. the reason i have it in the first place is to be able to connect anonymous troll posts to the person that posted it. freedom of speech is guaranteed in the first amendment but total anonymity is not. i use my gifts to try to better world, not harm it which i think even you can see if you are objective about it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.