HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When do you usually buy your Christmas tree?
Posted by: Holidaze ()
Date: December 11, 2016 05:47PM

Some people put up their tree right after Thanksgiving. I find that simply way too early. In my youth, we never got our tree earlier than a week before December 25th so it would stay fresh through the 12 days of Christmas.

It used to be easy to find trees. But now trees are almost all gone by mid December. It would be nicer if people would just wait for the right time .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When do you usually buy your Christmas tree?
Posted by: Xmas trees are a trigger ()
Date: December 11, 2016 05:50PM

I don't want to upset my neighbors, who may feel oppressed by Christianity. If my tree (or lights) set one of them off, and they blow something up, the blood is really on my hands.

On Christmas eve, I distribute plates of 'apology' cookies to all the folks on the street.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.