HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How does one go about financing grad school while still paying off school loans
Posted by: schooling schooler ()
Date: November 21, 2016 05:28PM

I am graduating this fall from Virginia with a BA and I want to go to grad for public policy. I transferred from nova so I'll only be about 18,000 in debt. Grad school is gonna run me about 70-80 more in the whole. Will I still be able to take out federal loans? Will I be able to stave off interest? I really don't want to wait to pay off the other loans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How does one go about financing grad school while still paying off school loans
Posted by: deferment or forbearance ()
Date: November 21, 2016 05:44PM

Most of the time you can get a deferment or forbearance. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/deferment-forbearance

Re: How does one go about financing grad school while still paying off school loans
Posted by: Feel the Bern ()
Date: November 21, 2016 07:46PM

Vote for Bernie in 2016. College will be free.

Oh, wait....crap. Get a fucking job, you bum.

Posted by: schooling schooler ()
Date: November 21, 2016 07:52PM

Feel the Bern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vote for Bernie in 2016. College will be free.
>
> Oh, wait....crap. Get a fucking job, you bum.

I have a job already. I'm not asking for free anything, just a chance to better myself.

Posted by: PhD Heratio ()
Date: November 21, 2016 08:13PM

schooling schooler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Feel the Bern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vote for Bernie in 2016. College will be free.
>
> >
> > Oh, wait....crap. Get a fucking job, you bum.
>
>
> I have a job already. I'm not asking for free
> anything, just a chance to better myself.

Ignore the posts from the Trump white trash trailer park folks here. The only thing they know is how to complain and bitch.

Posted by: sooo no help? ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:45AM

????

Posted by: Get off your but ()
Date: November 22, 2016 07:02AM

And go work two or three part-time jobs to pay for school, the way people did it in the old days, before government loans were started.

Posted by: t46MX ()
Date: November 22, 2016 08:04AM

College is relatively more expensive today than it was in the days before student loans, and many colleges use their grad programs as profit centers, making them even more expensive than undergrad. Working grunt jobs isn't going to get you enough money to make it through, and that is from someone who did finance his grad degree by working grunt jobs years ago.

If you are not already in pay status it should be possible to defer undergraduate student loan debt while you are in grad school with certain government loan programs. Talk to the finance people at the undergraduate school you are now attending for more information.

Posted by: KMKLx ()
Date: November 22, 2016 09:17AM

by getting a gov job through your "other foreigner friends" if you have enough pull

or by getting a gov job that comes with a green card, signing bathroom sheets without ever cleaning usually.

you then find another illegal who manages - and that person will clock you in-out for a job you aren't even working at so you are "working 2 jobs" and getting 2 paychecks

simple, if you are "properly networked"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.