HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I told conservatives to work for Trump. One talk with his team changed my mind.
Posted by: fromheretothere ()
Date: November 16, 2016 08:17AM

"Eliot A. Cohen is the author of the forthcoming “The Big Stick: The Limits of Soft Power and the Necessity of Military Force.” He served as counselor of the State Department from 2007 to 2009.

I am a national security Never-Trumper who, after the election, made the case that young conservatives should volunteer to serve in the new administration, warily, their undated letters of resignation ready. That advice, I have concluded, was wrong.

My about-face began with a discreet request to me from a friend in Trumpworld to provide names — unsullied by having signed the two anti-Trump foreign policy letters — of those who might be willing to serve. My friend and I had agreed to disagree a while back about my taking an uncompromising anti-Trump stand; now, he wanted assistance and I willingly complied.

After an exchange about a senior figure who would not submit a résumé but would listen if contacted, an email exchange ensued that I found astonishing. My friend was seething with anger directed at those of us who had opposed Donald Trump — even those who stood ready to help steer good people to an administration that understandably wanted nothing to do with the likes of me, someone who had been out front in opposing Trump since the beginning." https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-told-conservatives-to-work-for-trump-one-talk-with-his-team-changed-my-mind/2016/11/15/f02e1fac-ab7c-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-d%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I told conservatives to work for Trump. One talk with his team changed my mind.
Posted by: ruht_roh ()
Date: November 16, 2016 08:19AM

"Trump was not a normal candidate, the transition is not a normal transition, and this will probably not be a normal administration. The president-elect is surrounding himself with mediocrities whose chief qualification seems to be unquestioning loyalty. He gets credit for becoming a statesman when he says something any newly elected president might say (“I very much look forward to dealing with the president in the future”) — and then reverts to tweeting against demonstrators and the New York Times.

By all accounts, his ignorance, and that of his entourage, about the executive branch is fathomless. It’s not even clear that he accepts that he should live in the White House rather than in his gilt-smeared penthouse in New York."

Re: I told conservatives to work for Trump. One talk with his team changed my mind.
Posted by: pro military force professional ()
Date: November 16, 2016 10:22AM

Career Conservative pro military force professional calling out a shout of warning about our new POTUS. Scary if you have enough brains to process the information.

Posted by: vvmxj ()
Date: November 16, 2016 10:32AM

pro military force professional Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ardent critic and admitted 'Never Trumper'
> gets called out when he now tries to suck up for a job with
> our new POTUS. Scary if you're stuoid enough to
> buy into this kind of bullshit.

^ FIFY

Posted by: chimp out monitor ()
Date: November 16, 2016 02:33PM

ruht_roh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> It’s not even clear that he accepts
> that he should live in the White House rather than
> in his gilt-smeared penthouse in New York."

You do know that a family of savage niggers has been living there for 8 years?

I'd like to see YOU move into a house occupied by baboons for nearly a decade. Trump has been in there and smelled it. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to set foot in the place.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.