HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Miss Universe Defends Miss Teen USA After Her Apology for Using Racial Slur ... says she thought the n word was a complement
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:19PM

CoqBKs-UIAA8lWL.jpgkarliehaytwitter.jpgCoqw3SPW8AE3IyY.jpg:large02xp-missteen-master768.jpgkarlie_c15385bd20549ea6d07132a132e46c83.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/miss-universe-defends-miss-teen-usa-after-her-apology-for-using-racial-slur.html

The Miss Universe Organization on Monday defended the new Miss Teen USA, Karlie Hay, 18, after reports revealed this weekend that she had repeatedly used a racial slur online against African-Americans.

The company said in a statement, “We as an organization are committed to supporting her continued growth,” but it did not say specifically if Ms. Hay would lose her title, which she won on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Other reports indicated that Ms. Hay would be allowed to keep the crown, and as of Monday afternoon, the organization was still promoting her on its website.

The social media posts surfaced a day after Ms. Hay, of Texas, received her sash and title in a contest whose Top 5 contestants were strikingly similar in physical appearance.

These are your TOP 5 #MissTeenUSA contestants! pic.twitter.com/qi3KJT6COb
— Karlie Hay (@MissTeenUSA) July 31, 2016

Screen images from a Twitter account attributed to Ms. Hay and published by The Dallas Morning News and other news outlets showed that she used the slur in 2013 and 2014.

In a series of messages on Sunday from another account, @RealMissTxteen, Ms. Hay did not deny the language in the previous posts, saying that she was “not proud” and “I am today a better person.”

“Several years ago, I had many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who I am as a person,” one message said. “I admit that I have used language publicly in the past which I am not proud of and that there is no excuse for” said another.
Get the Morning Briefing by Email

What you need to know to start your day, delivered to your inbox. Monday?–?Friday.

She added that she would use the platform of Miss Teen USA to promote her own values and those of the organization “that recognize the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women.”

Several years ago, I had many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who I am as a person...
— Karlie Hay (@RealMissTXteen) July 31, 2016

I admit that I have used language publicly in the past which I am not proud of and that there is no excuse for. Through hard work...
— Karlie Hay (@RealMissTXteen) July 31, 2016

The Miss Universe organization, which is the parent company of Miss Teen USA, declined to say how and when it became aware of Ms. Hay’s use of the slur.

“The language Karlie Hay used is unacceptable at any age and in no way reflects the values of The Miss Universe Organization,” it said in an email. “As Karlie stated, she was in a different place in her life and made a serious mistake she regrets and for which she sincerely apologizes. Karlie learned many lessons through those personal struggles that reshaped her life and values.”

A spokeswoman for the organization, Jackie Shahinian, also released a statement from Ms. Hay that quoted her as saying that the language was “inexcusable” and adding, “I sincerely apologize.”

After the social media posts were publicized, Ms. Hay and the Miss Universe Organization came under further criticism.

There has literally been no consequence for her. She gets up keep her crown after calling folks n*gger. https://t.co/219GY89UF1
— X (@XLNB) Aug. 1, 2016

Some say @MissTeenUSA shouldn't forever be tied to past discretions. Funny, first thing reported after shooting? Victim's #criminalhistory
— Christopher G Wright (@DocChrisWright) Aug. 1, 2016

Recruitment campaign?: Like using racial slurs? Is maturity hindering your racism? You too could be #MissTeenUSA just like @MissTeenUSA !!
— Gerald Webb (@GeraldWebb) Aug. 1, 2016

Ms. Hay graduated this year from high school in Tomball, Tex., a city of about 10,000 people near Houston. According to her Miss Teen USA profile, she was an honor roll student, a cheerleader and a yearbook editor and photographer.

Her profile said the childhood experience of observing a close family member inspired her to speak out about the effects of alcoholism and drug abuse. It said she hoped to enroll at Texas A&M University, and to become a businesswoman.

The beauty pageant industry has long been rife with scandals. Kamie Crawford, Miss Teen USA 2010, posted a word of advice to potential contestants on Twitter:

If u win any pageant - first things first. Clean up ur page. Cus if ur under 21 u shouldn't b drinking&if ur WHITE the n word ain't yo word!
— Kamie Crawford (@TheRealKamie) July 31, 2016

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 05:31PM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miss Universe Defends Miss Teen USA After Her Apology for Using Racial Slur ... says she thought the n word was a complement
Posted by: UCnc6 ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:31PM

She could call me nigger all day and I'd still penetrate dose labia.

Re: Miss Universe Defends Miss Teen USA After Her Apology for Using Racial Slur ... says she thought the n word was a complement
Date: August 01, 2016 05:32PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:33PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/XLNB/status/759761033699299329

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 05:37PM by Fox News.
Attachments:
Screenshot_2016-08-01-17-37-34.png

Date: August 01, 2016 05:37PM

Posted by: CpJ6G ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:37PM

oh that puts me in a good mood!

i apologize for calling eesh a nigger.

Date: August 01, 2016 05:41PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:42PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:43PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:44PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:45PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:47PM

Past and present or past and past? Will she be allowed to keep crown?

CovIH3pVMAEXSW1.jpg

Date: August 01, 2016 05:48PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:49PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:50PM

Date: August 01, 2016 05:53PM

Posted by: andla ()
Date: August 01, 2016 10:20PM

Yet another pretty, brainless cunt, just like Alexandra Wallace.

Posted by: I like her ()
Date: August 01, 2016 11:13PM

She seems cool. Nobody likes niggers, even Miss Teen USA.

Lol!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.