HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
$6.5m UFB
Posted by: Gfyt ()
Date: October 09, 2015 06:34AM

$6.5m awarded to a family in SC because a 50yo decided to run on foot and get shot after being pulled over because his license was being run. UFB, you don't run if you're innocent, idiot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: $6.5m UFB
Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:21AM

Isn't the point that regardless of what he was or was not guilty of he did not deserve to be executed by local government? Notice that this municipality waited until the folks in Baltimore set a 6 million dollar price tag for the Freddy Gray
Faux pas. So I guess a black citizens life is worth 6 - 6.5 mil. Did New York settle on the guy they choked yet?

Nip

Posted by: Reterew ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:27AM

I see your point but this all comes across as rewarding bad behavior. This should be treated like offsetting penalties where no one gets rewarded. Portraying the criminal as a victim is disaster for the future if we continue down this path.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:30AM

It all started with Trayvon and it has been downhill ever since.

Date: October 09, 2015 08:04AM

^^^^
I hear ya. But these are cases of who did the worst thing. I have no doubt that any of the dead black guys had run afoul of the law regularly and were a constant source of irritation to local law officials but did police have the right to kill them. The case of the NC guy, I don't even remember his name and not interested enough to look it up, got shot in the back because he ran away. The cop that shot him in the back did not appear to be in mortal danger he just didn't want to chase him probably because he had just finished chowing down at the local buffet and was missing his nap. That guy gives cops a bad name so the city has to pay. I wonder if the municipalities or their underwriters met and discussed the value that these guys lives were worth and if that amount will be adjusted as conditions enter into the equation. It will be interesting to watch. One thing is certain the cops and others are scared of black people. So scared they shoot them rather than taking more non-lethal measures. In my opinion this something the black community needs to address. Instead they play the racial victim card over and over and never change their behavior. Wake up black folks your people are getting killed.

Nip

Posted by: The New Right? ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:19AM

Reterew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see your point but this all comes across as
> rewarding bad behavior. This should be treated
> like offsetting penalties where no one gets
> rewarded. Portraying the criminal as a victim is
> disaster for the future if we continue down this
> path.

Bad behavior is shooting someone in the back. This was once also considered cowardly. Have the rules changed?

Posted by: Retard said what? ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:27AM

Reterew Wrote:
> I see your point but this all comes across as
> rewarding bad behavior. This should be treated
> like offsetting penalties where no one gets
> rewarded. Portraying the criminal as a victim is
> disaster for the future if we continue down this
> path.

This is hands down the stupidest post I have ever read on FFU.

The $6.5 million in restitution awarded to Walter Scott's family for his execution by a North Charleston, SC cop is "rewarding bad behavior"?

Walter Scott is fucking DEAD, you moron. As Nip asked; "Isn't the point that regardless of what [Scott] was or was not guilty of he did not deserve to be executed by local government?"

"This should be treated like offsetting penalties where no one gets rewarded." Okay, what's the 'offsetting penalty' for murder? Michael Slager's execution? But Slager was an employee of North Charleston, SC acting in his official capacity as a Peace Officer when he murdered Scott. That makes the city culpable in Scott's death. You can't very well 'execute' a city, so the city instead pays a hefty settlement.

"Portraying the criminal as a victim is disaster for the future if we continue down this path."

The crime in this case is Walter Scott's murder. The criminal in this case is Michael Slager. I don't see anyone except you portraying the criminal as a victim.

Posted by: extortion by any other name ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:44AM

NippleChuck Wrote:
> So I guess a black citizens life is
> worth 6 - 6.5 mil.

No, but preventing tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in damage when his fellow black citizens decide to loot and burn down the neighborhood in a mass attack of GMD is.

Date: October 09, 2015 09:27AM

^^^
No defending that behavior. That's part of what the blacks have to change. And that change needs to start in the home. Whites need to make some changes too especially community leaders. "Can't we all just get along"? It's a sad state of affairs really.

Nip

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: October 09, 2015 10:03AM

eesh Wrote:
> It all started with Trayvon and it has been
> downhill ever since.

actually when columbus brough the first ones over... its been down hill...

but rodney king was the first big ticket

Posted by: Sillary Clit ()
Date: October 09, 2015 11:10AM

Wonder how much $$ actually trickles down to the family.

My guess is the lawyers are the big winners here.

Date: October 09, 2015 11:13AM

^^^
Actually the MLK assassination was the first "big ticket item".

Nip

Posted by: $20,000 ()
Date: October 09, 2015 11:14AM

Damn, I wonder how they proved he worth $6 million. Most FFXU posters you would probably only get $20,000. That's their life long earning potential.

Posted by: fivestar ()
Date: October 09, 2015 01:28PM

$20,000 Wrote:
> Damn, I wonder how they proved he worth $6
> million. Most FFXU posters you would probably
> only get $20,000. That's their life long earning
> potential.

I guess they figured his Black ass would have cost society $12 million in damages in his lifetime so they awarded half the savings to his family. They, in turn, will spend it all on lottery tickets and the society will come out way ahead in the long run.

Posted by: F.O.F (Friend of Fruppie) ()
Date: October 09, 2015 01:40PM

^^^^^
That's stupid.

Posted by: winners = lawyers ()
Date: October 09, 2015 02:20PM

Sillary Clit Wrote:
> Wonder how much $$ actually trickles down to the
> family.
>
> My guess is the lawyers are the big winners here.

Lately lawyers have been taking contingency cases for 40% plus costs, and for something like this I'd expect it would be no problem to run up $750K - 1.5 million in costs.

I'd say lawyers, $3.5 - 4 million, family $2 - 2.5 million, maybe a little less.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.