HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Posted by: literary critic ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:46PM

This book by Zora N. Hurston is very, very popular.

Funny thing, it is not about people watching God. It is about a black woman and her relationships. Most of them are bad relationships, the last one is OK but the guy dies.

It is from 1937. I just don't get it. Lots of people in school are having to read it, they don't get it either.

Is this the best thing they could find? Are we going to have to read about gay marriage and transgender next?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Their Eyes Were Watching God
Posted by: the irony ()
Date: July 20, 2015 10:55AM

I had to read this book. One character is called Tea Cake. Tea was slang for marijuana back then. The guy was a doper. Yet, this is supposed to be classic literature. No wonder blacks are messed up, this is their role model.

Re: Their Eyes Were Watching God
Posted by: 3hEnb ()
Date: July 20, 2015 12:45PM

I predict a return to neighborhood schooling, the old "neighborhood school houses", before public schools originated .. more homeschooled kids, home schooling co-opts, etc.

A different kind of segregation is coming folks!
Wait and see.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.