HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Losers with no lives continue to blow money on movies
Posted by: Irving Zistwheel ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:01PM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/14/media/jurassic-world-opening-box-office/index.html

Why would anybdy pay $12-15 to see this remade trash? The original and the other 2 sequels have been on AMC every night this past week.

The sheeple are so lost they will do anything to make them feel like they are living.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Losers with no lives continue to blow money on movies
Posted by: amanda hugnkiss ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:20PM

And here you are on FfU making a whole new thread topic about it. At least this is free!!!

Let people waste their leisure money however they want to.

Passive entertainment- Some read books, some go to music concerts, others catch the latest movies in the theater.

Unfortunately, my mind is too active for such passive pursiuts. I'd rather go wrench on my classic car, toss a football with the kids, Play with the stock market, fix that garage door my wife has been nagging me to fix all week. Do something with my hands and mind past smashing buttons to make the little man go that way on the screen......

Oh well I have competed my honey-do list, back to mindless FfU surfing I guess. The real stories on here keep me entertained more than TV ever will!!!

Date: June 14, 2015 09:33PM

Irving Zistwheel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/14/media/jurassic-wor
> ld-opening-box-office/index.html
>
>
> Why would anybdy pay $12-15 to see this remade
> trash? The original and the other 2 sequels have
> been on AMC every night this past week.
>
> The sheeple are so lost they will do anything to
> make them feel like they are living.

A big topic on modern FFXU: Bashing modern movies and movie theaters (which is a terrible thing to bash, because it's actually good).

Come on! Jurassic Park is a great movie, and no doubt that this one shall be another great hit. You just need to wake up! Also, it's worth it to pay that much in the theaters, because you're seeing good movies. Also, how could sheeple (read: real smart people) be lost? They are what's up with all the amazing fans of movies.

Better title: Winners with lives continue to use well-earned money on breathtaking movies!

---------------------------------------------------

- Savage Vro Fartian was here -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 09:34PM by - dA rEaL fArTiAn -.

Posted by: Jurassic Hoax ()
Date: June 14, 2015 10:38PM

Not so fast Siskel & Ebert

Some random online reviews:

.....This movie did not exist ok....It sucks, it really does. The characters are horrible and the story is just so cheap. The only thing good in this movie are the CGI which is actually pretty decent and....nothing more.
This movie is even worse than its prequel which was terrible

......Arguably the worst Jurassic Park Film to date. Should be called "Product Park" due the the sheer volume of product placement within. Ridiculous and nonsensical plot only functions because the characters are all morons. CGI special effects are dated and overused. Characters are completely forgettable and one dimensional, I actually cant even remember one first name. Female lead is completely objectified running from dinos in high heels and unblemished makeup. Really Bad. Go see Mad Max.

.......Mr. Pratt’s charm is no match for the crude film making or the stupid plot that keeps him running around in a constant state of artificial animation.

.......There’s more flab than muscle packed on this galumphing franchise reboot, which, as it lumbers from scene to scene, reminds you of what a great action god Steven Spielberg is. Too bad he didn’t take the reins on this

.......Bad dialogue, bad acting, the plot was poorly constructed, excessive product placement. Don't really need to say much more. Really didn't like this movie.

.......The movie was basically two hours of advertising placement and bad stereotypes. Every character could not have been more flat. It's like the script was incapable of creating characters. It is the antithesis of everything great about Mad Max

......Wall to wall action in typical waaay over the top Hollywood fashion. Idiotic representation of creatures in distress. Poor, cheesy acting and scenes. Numerous times I found myself rolling my eyes. The only thing this movie had going for it were the superb graphics. Wow. But, even the graphics didn't keep me from wanting this thing to hurry up and finish.

.......After reading a few reviews I really thought this would be good. Not only is it boring, but the characters are flat, the story is with its trained raptors and goofy interactions between the raptors and Rex is idiotic, the director didn't add anything, nothing inventive, surprising or smart. The script is just a rehash from the first script. No tension and only 2 or 3 laughs. Imagine how many good movies you can make with 180 million dollar. I am turning 18, so it could be that I am just getting too old for lazy brainless roller-coaster movies. Why didn't Spielberg direct this one?

.......It's bad when compared with any movie ever made.
The special effects were somewhat good and that's the high of the movie.
The script threw logic out the window.
The characters were hilarious bad.
The acting was awful.

........Boring, unimaginative, poor acting, poor dialogue, horrible characters, no thrill.
Won't even bother writing a proper review, just because it's a blockbuster with half decent CGI does not warrant wasting your time on it.

Posted by: OP is broke ()
Date: June 14, 2015 10:52PM

OP is the only one who thinks $12 is a lot to spend at a movie.

OP likely works a hourly wage job getting under $20 an hour.

OP is a broke nigga

Posted by: mxtFP ()
Date: June 14, 2015 11:02PM

think OP is just mad he has no one to go to the movies with...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.