HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Some good news for a change
Posted by: Axel F ()
Date: May 08, 2015 09:25AM

Beverly Hills Cop 4 pulled from release schedule

202d8212-d461-47df-a982-1bd87f0a9247-620

In news that will surely please haters of 80s reboots, Paramount have removed Beverly Hills Cop 4 from their forthcoming slate.

The action comedy sequel was originally set for release on 25 March 2016, but the studio has opted to pull it, with no word on whether the film will still make it into production.

Eddie Murphy was set to return as fast-talking cop Axel Foley in a script that would have seen him return to his native Detroit. Brett Ratner, who previously directed Murphy in Tower Heist, was set to direct while Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec, best known for penning the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, were on writing duties.

If the film had opened on the original date, it would have been up against Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which, given its similar target audience, would have surely swallowed the majority of the box office.

In an interview with Rolling Stone in January, Murphy spoke about script problems, which may have prompted Paramount’s decision.

“They are still trying to get that script right,” he said. “I’m not doing a Beverly Hills Cop unless they have a really incredible script. I’ve read a couple things that look like they can make some paper, but I’m not doing a shitty movie just to make some paper. The shit got to be right.”

The franchise was originally set to become a TV show, with a pilot being produced that focused on Axel Foley’s son and featuring a cameo appearance by Murphy himself, but the project was canned.

Beverly Hills Cop was a sleeper hit at the time and made $234m worldwide, but the third entry, released 10 years after the first film, managed only $42m. Murphy will next be seen in drama Cook

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some good news for a change
Posted by: JwPXH ()
Date: May 08, 2015 07:57PM

theaters have never scheduled that way - they release what they think will box office where they think it will box office

if they had a complete movie and beleived it would sell in black areas having theaters - they kick somethign else aside or hold news of the movie

saying it's canceled due to (white) movies. redic.

Re: Some good news for a change
Posted by: uExHW ()
Date: May 08, 2015 08:08PM

if i was in DC and needed to waste time seeing a movie, and if The Barber Shop and Snow White were both in the theaters

i'd kinda be pissed if snow white was playing

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.