HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Emily Miller DC Conceal Carry Permit APPROVED
Posted by: SCOTUS ()
Date: February 25, 2015 07:04AM

They tried but couldn't hide from the Constitution. Congratulations Emily!

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28192641/fox-5-emily-miller-gets-dc-gun-carry-permit-approved

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Emily Miller DC Conceal Carry Permit APPROVED
Posted by: Great job, Emily, ()
Date: February 25, 2015 08:37AM

Of ratting out your boyfriend to the FBI.

Posted by: Noyoudint ()
Date: February 25, 2015 08:50AM

WOW! Good thing she wasn't attacked waiting for her permit. Good luck on you classes moron.

Posted by: Lace and guns ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:17AM

Great job, Emily, Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of ratting out your boyfriend to the FBI.

Over a pair of panties no less.

Posted by: Infringment ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:21AM

This is progress, though I still believe the requirements are in the category of infringement of the right to carry.

18 hours! of instruction!
and one must express "special dangers".

3 hours of safety and training instruction, passing a backgound check, should be sufficient to deem someone is safe with a firearm.

"Special dangers" can begin and end within moments ... like a break-in or a terrorist attack, car jacking, attempted abduction, or active shooter, etc. ..

One shouldn't have prove they are being harrassed or threatened to be "allowed" to defend oneself.

MD used to have a rule like this. Anyone know if MD still forces people to list out "special dangers" on their applications to carry?

I think it's BS and should be rechallenged in the courts.

Posted by: HereComeDeJudge ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:29AM

Infringment Wrote:
> This is progress, though I still believe the
> requirements are in the category of infringement
> of the right to carry.
>
> 18 hours! of instruction!
> and one must express "special dangers".
>
> 3 hours of safety and training instruction,
> passing a backgound check, should be sufficient to
> deem someone is safe with a firearm.
>
> "Special dangers" can begin and end within moments
> ... like a break-in or a terrorist attack, car
> jacking, attempted abduction, or active shooter,
> etc. ..
>
> One shouldn't have prove they are being harrassed
> or threatened to be "allowed" to defend oneself.
>
> MD used to have a rule like this. Anyone know if
> MD still forces people to list out "special
> dangers" on their applications to carry?
>
> I think it's BS and should be rechallenged in the
> courts.

Challenges are in progress. Not sure about Maryland. The one I'm watching
for is the challenge on DC's ban on Open Carry. Picture libs shitting bricks.

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:24PM

No Reciprocity with Virginia or Maryland. You're landlocked to concealed carry only in DC.

Never Run Out of Ammo

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People

Them or You

The two most important days in your life are the day your were born and and the day you find out why

Posted by: Landlocked ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:49PM

Gunlover Wrote:
> No Reciprocity with Virginia or Maryland. You're
> landlocked to concealed carry only in DC.

I'm sure other states will eventually offer reciprocity.
I am happy about the progress shown in the news story about Emily. Just waiting for the list of "special dangers" to disappear and to see that 18 hours of instuction drop to a single 2 to 3 hour class. Maybe peeps in DC need more instruction than others? I know that's a lame guess. DC gov is just making things difficult b/c they're logic on the 2nd, is screwed up.

Thye should learn that Guns save lives.

Posted by: LvVLm ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:55PM

eat shit pool tards!

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:13PM

Landlocked Wrote:
> Gunlover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No Reciprocity with Virginia or Maryland.
> You're
> > landlocked to concealed carry only in DC.
>
> I'm sure other states will eventually offer
> reciprocity.
> I am happy about the progress shown in the news
> story about Emily. Just waiting for the list of
> "special dangers" to disappear and to see that 18
> hours of instuction drop to a single 2 to 3 hour
> class. Maybe peeps in DC need more instruction
> than others? I know that's a lame guess. DC gov
> is just making things difficult b/c they're logic
> on the 2nd, is screwed up.
>
> Thye should learn that Guns save lives.

Gun Save lives. No argument with me there.

What do you on the metro which transition DC, MD, VA. You can concealed carry on Blue Line Springfield to the Pentagon, Yellow line Huntington to the Pentagon, Silver Line Reston to Rosslyn, or . Orange line Vienna to Rosslyn with a VA CCP on the metro. Just get off before you go into DC.

How do you DC conceal carry get out of DC? You can travel half across the country on a VA CCP through reciprocity states. I have stuck my gun the F150 from here to Texas legally. I never drive in Maryland since they read your license plate for concealed carry.

Never Run Out of Ammo

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People

Them or You

The two most important days in your life are the day your were born and and the day you find out why

Posted by: Emily get your gun ()
Date: February 28, 2015 10:26AM

Lace and guns Wrote:
> Great job, Emily, Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Of ratting out your boyfriend to the FBI.
>
>
> Over a pair of panties no less.

How they got caught: After lobbyist broke off engagement, ex-fiancee told of illicit dealings to FBI
Jason Leopold

Print This | Email This
Michael Scanlon found himself at the center of one of the biggest political scandals in Washington history as a result of cheating and lyingbut not the type involving the numerous clients he was paid to lobby Congress for, former coworkers and friends of his ex-fiancee say.

Scanlon was implicated in the Abramoff scandal by his former thirtysomething fiancee, Emily J. Miller, whom he met in the late 1990s while working as communications director for former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX), three former associates who worked with Scanlon at DeLays office said. Colleagues say Miller went to the FBI after Scanlon broke off their engagement and announced his intention to marry another woman.

Miller did not return a call seeking comment. Scanlons attorney, Stephen Braga, did not respond to phone calls or emails seeking comment. Former coworkers of Scanlon and Miller at DeLays office and of Miller at the State Department would speak only under condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to be called as witnesses in a trial.

Miller was DeLays young press secretary and as communications director, Scanlon was her boss. The two began a secretive office romance and Scanlon eventually proposed marriage, associates say.

In 2003, Miller left DeLays office to work at the State Department. Scanlon departed too, partnering with now-indicted conservative lobbyist Jack Abramoff in lobbying for an array of Indian tribes. As s star rose, troubles between the couple mushroomed.

In May 2004, Miller found herself at the center of attention whenwhile live on airshe ordered a cameraman for NBCs Meet the Press to stop filming Colin Powell. A copy of the transcript shows Miller, who also used to work as an NBC staffer, as a brusque press aide. Powell eventually ordered that the interview continue and asked Miller to step aside.

What many people didnt realize at the time, however, is that during the Powell interview Miller was upset because her fiancee, Michael Scanlon, had broken off their engagement, two of Millers former State Department co-workers said. While still engaged to Miller, Scanlon had started an affair with a manicurist and broke up with Miller because he planned to marry the other woman, three of Scanlons former associates at DeLays office said. They added that the two had numerous public arguments.

But Miller had something on Scanlon. He confided in her all of his dealings with Abramoff, former colleagues said. She saw his emails and knew the intimate details of his lobbying workwork which is now the center of a criminal fraud investigation. After the breakup, Miller went to the FBI and told them everything about Scanlons dealings with Abramoff, her coworkers added.

In turning him in, she became the agencys star witness against her former lover. Scanlon pled guilty in November and is cooperating with prosecutors; Abramoff reached a plea agreement today.

Scanlon's former colleagues did not speak warmly of him, saying he was not a very likable person because of the way he treated others, and that he later became flamboyant with his newfound wealth.

Aside from the Powell interview, Miller also attracted attention after berating a Washington Post Magazine reporter. In 2001, while Miller was working as press secretary to DeLay she told a reporter who was writing a profile about DeLay. "You lied! . . . You betrayed him! You twisted his words! . . . We don't know you. You don't exist. . . . You are dead to us."

A DeLay spokesman told the Post at the time, "Tom thinks Emily did a fine job for him."

Originally published on Tuesday January 3, 2006
Last Updated: 11/30/2010

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.