HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
People at work have begun adding their pronouns to their official email signature
Posted by: FFU lurker ()
Date: July 08, 2022 10:56PM

So now I am in a quandary. I don't want to do this as I think it is silly, but if everyone else is doing it and I am not would that make me the office transphobe?

-FFU Lurker (he, him, his)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: People at work have begun adding their pronouns to their official email signature
Posted by: No idiot ()
Date: July 08, 2022 11:40PM

It would make you the only one with a brain.

Re: People at work have begun adding their pronouns to their official email signature
Posted by: hmm. I'm in the corporate world ()
Date: July 09, 2022 02:48AM

No idiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would make you the only one with a brain.

'only one with a brain' is not the safest thing to be....

Posted by: World gone mad ()
Date: July 09, 2022 04:59AM

The inmates are running the asylum.

Posted by: observer of the shit ()
Date: July 09, 2022 08:05AM

We are living in a time where intelligent people must be silenced so the idiots won't be offended.

Posted by: Asymmetric Knower ()
Date: July 09, 2022 08:58AM

It makes you this guy
Attachments:
al1.jpg

Posted by: Yay! ()
Date: July 09, 2022 09:30AM

Take pics!!

I clock in as “ManJuice Mustache”

Posted by: Well shit...who knows the gender ()
Date: July 09, 2022 09:33AM

...of all these Indian names?????

Posted by: My side of the door ()
Date: July 09, 2022 10:08AM

Our rule has always been the customer can use whatever title or pronoun the customer wants, so long as they are not trying to be deliberately cruel or disrespectful. The customer is paying us. It is our job to make the customer comfortable in their dealings with us. Worrying about offending our employees by accidentally referring to the employee by an incorrect title or pronoun adds to customer stress. If the customer is not comfortable they can take their business elsewhere. The customer is referred to by the customer's preferred title and pronoun for the same reason. We ask for the information on the customer intake form. Internally employees are referred to by their chosen nickname.

This rule was adopted long before LGBTQ made an issue about pronouns, and had nothing to do with it. We had employees getting all worked up about how customers were referring to them when it was clear the customer was not acting out of ill will. The key element here was lack of ill will by the customer. Using an incorrect title or pronoun can also be a way of being insulting or otherwise dismissive of our employees or their beliefs. Hasn't happened yet, but if a binary fanatic chose to refer to a non=binary employee by something other than the employee's preferred pronoun to show his contempt for LGBTQ, then I will be inviting that customer to take his business elsewhere.

Posted by: The Great Orb ()
Date: July 09, 2022 10:33AM

This is why names were invented, to avoid any confusion.
And fuck everybody named John.

Posted by: STILL don't know Indian genders! ()
Date: July 09, 2022 11:07AM

We need a conversion guide for those long-ass names

Posted by: Beltway Bob ()
Date: July 09, 2022 12:34PM

My pronoun is "Massa".

Posted by: Pronouns ()
Date: July 09, 2022 06:07PM

I don’t need pronouns. People can smell my vajay from a mile away.

Posted by: My Advice ()
Date: July 09, 2022 06:24PM

My advice to you is to take a picture of your erection and putting that in your signature block. There will be no doubt about your pronouns then.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.