HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Watching the US Open, I really miss Rollen Stewart.
Posted by: Notthezame ()
Date: June 20, 2021 12:57PM

Back in the early eighties, Rollen would go to sporting events, mostly golf tournaments, dressed as a preppy with creased khakis and an crisp polo shirt. He would get a spot just behind the ropes.

Rollen knew the camera switches, and knew on a long putt, as soon as the ball was struck, the TV view would switch from a close up of the golfer into a wide view of the green, allowing Rollen to be in the picture. At the precise moment the ball was hit, Rollen would put on a rainbow colored afro wig, and start dancing around like an idiot for all watching on TV. Sports Illustrated called Rollen "the most famous man in sports nobody knew the name of."

After finding Jesus, Rollen became the "John 3:16" guy who travelled to football games, get a seat in the end zone, and hold up a sign that said "John 3:16," at the precise moment the TV camera would switch to a view of the uprights, getting Rollen'sign in the picture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watching the US Open, I really miss Rollen Stewart.
Posted by: NoVaer ()
Date: June 20, 2021 02:02PM

I remember that guy even back into the 1970s. At first the cameras thought he was funny and they would show him at every game- and he seemed to be at every damn game. Then they realized he was an attention whore.

I recall reading he had a full breakdown in the 1980s? Cops found him whacked out in a motel room, or something like that.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.