HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is it better to buy a really expensive vacuum cleaner and keep it for decades or is it better to buy a 49 dollar plastic one from Kmart or walmart and replace it every two years????
Posted by: ponderous stuff ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:02AM

I am leaning towards a Eureka for 50 bucks buy my wife thinks we need a 1400 dollar Dyson. What say you good people of Fairfax underground?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it better to buy a really expensive vacuum cleaner and keep it for decades or is it better to buy a 49 dollar plastic one from Kmart or walmart and replace it every two years????
Posted by: Tim Crane ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:17AM

A conservative would buy the 50 dollar one and it would do a shitty job of cleaning which will end up costing him much more in the long run.

A Liberal would buy the expensive one that would last 20 years and do a superior job of cleaning. The rugs and furniture would last longer and the home will be healthier and would save money in the long run.

Re: Is it better to buy a really expensive vacuum cleaner and keep it for decades or is it better to buy a 49 dollar plastic one from Kmart or walmart and replace it every two years????
Posted by: LT Dyson owner ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:41AM

I own an expensive vacuum. Worked great for the first few years. Since then I have been dropping $10 to $30 every year or two to replace some part that has broken or worn out.

There are decent choices with prices that are well below that $1400 Dyson. You might want to do some more shopping.

Posted by: Gerry is a piece of shit ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:45AM

What cleaning service do you work for?

Posted by: Xzds3 ()
Date: November 03, 2018 09:14PM

Just break out your EBT card.

Posted by: Something In The Middle ()
Date: November 03, 2018 09:24PM

Nothing lasts 20 years any longer. And there is no way I would pay over a thousand dollars for a vacumn. But a $50 machine barely qualifies as a vacuum. It won't have any suction. You should be able to get a good reliable vacumn for under $300.

Posted by: Who owns a vacuum? ()
Date: November 03, 2018 09:31PM

That's what illegals are for.

Posted by: Dyson Cordless ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:07PM

I'll never buy another cord vacuum.

Posted by: 6xlyt ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:09PM

Tim Crane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A conservative would buy the 50 dollar one and it
> would do a shitty job of cleaning which will end
> up costing him much more in the long run.
>
> A Liberal would buy the expensive one that would
> last 20 years and do a superior job of cleaning.
> The rugs and furniture would last longer and the
> home will be healthier and would save money in the
> long run.

I am a conservative with a dyson. It's not > $1000 though. It works OK. I have had it for a few years, the only think it has needed was a new battery pack. And the electronics failed in that, not the batteries. I recovered the batteries for use in USB battery banks.

Posted by: Jonah Ryan ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:21PM

I have the best vacuum you can possibly own. I hold proud democratic by the ankles and push him around the house. He sucks up everything hoping someone left some cock laying around.

Posted by: Giver of plus ones ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:36PM

Jonah Ryan Wrote:
> I have the best vacuum you can possibly own. I
> hold proud democratic by the ankles and push him
> around the house. He sucks up everything hoping
> someone left some cock laying around.

+1

Posted by: Trump.4Evuh ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:16PM

$1,400? What a bunch of piking amateurs...

My Miele vac for use by my house savage, illegal mud-person was $3,670...

Posted by: Have The Same! ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:22PM

Jonah Ryan Wrote:

It’s the Gerrysuckerer2, good model.

Posted by: lizzie had a dyson ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:32PM

an dlook where it got her!

Posted by: Barnyard Bill ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:45PM

Why get a vacuum when you could get Gerry to do your sucking?

Posted by: zing me ()
Date: November 04, 2018 05:38AM

A Bissell zing is all you need. 50 bucks at Target. Change the bag and filter regularly and it will never lose suction.
Attachments:
b-a0e1-96bc1048f468.webp

Posted by: Consumer reports ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:22AM

$3,670? I could buy three Miele's for that price and still have money left to pay my maid service. Not that I would. Vacuums today don't have the durability to justify that kind of money.

When my parents got married they bought a high quality vacuum. When I was 10 they got a "lightweight" upright. The original vacuum was consigned the original vacuum to shop duties, something it is still doing well today, 60 years on. My parents gave me the lightweight when I bought my first home at 25, and it lasted another 10 years before it was replaced. Unless you are prepared to spend on maintenance you won't get those kinds of lives from today's vacuums.

A cheap vacuum will start to degrade quicker than a decent midrange one, plus most don't do as well when it comes to sucking up and trapping microparticulants. Even a good midrange though shouldn't be counted on lasting beyond 10 years. Even if performance does not degrade some dam plastic part will break. Which is also the reason most homeowners have no reason to go beyond a midrange.

Don't know about Mr. Moneybags but my maid brings her own vacuum.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:44AM

My home has an integrated vac system built in with inputs in every room.

Posted by: AARPer ()
Date: November 04, 2018 09:09AM

Great thread. I used to buy the 50 dirt devils because they were US made and lasted about 3-5 years. They were like 70 bucks out the door. I have recently purchased one and it’s a piece of shit. Made in Tiwan and not worth a fuck. What OP needs is Royal. Still US made about $400.00 and you can get attachments for it to sharpen knives and wench your car out of a ditch. I bought one for the ex as her Christmas gift one year and it’s still going strong.
Attachments:
EA15D479-287F-4CDB-90BD-B88C7C0FB5B2.jpeg

Posted by: paul g ()
Date: November 04, 2018 09:34AM

AARPer Wrote:
> Great thread. I used to buy the 50 dirt devils
> because they were US made and lasted about 3-5
> years. They were like 70 bucks out the door. I
> have recently purchased one and it’s a piece of
> shit. Made in Tiwan and not worth a fuck. What OP
> needs is Royal. Still US made about $400.00 and
> you can get attachments for it to sharpen knives
> and wench your car out of a ditch. I bought one
> for the ex as her Christmas gift one year and
> it’s still going strong.

No wonder she divorced you. A vacuum cleaner for Christmas? You were a shitty husband.

Posted by: Harry Homeowner ()
Date: November 04, 2018 10:17AM

I use a shop vac for my home. Household vacuums are terrible and expensive. Shopvacs are inexpensive and work way better.

Posted by: We are all Americans ()
Date: November 04, 2018 10:48AM

Something In The Middle Wrote:
> Nothing lasts 20 years any longer. And there is no
> way I would pay over a thousand dollars for a
> vacumn. But a $50 machine barely qualifies as a
> vacuum. It won't have any suction. You should be
> able to get a good reliable vacumn for under $300.

+1000 Sears makes a good canister vac for 300 - ours has worked great for 5 years no repairs. Only an idiot would buy a dyson or some 1000 dollar piece of shit. Buy a good furnace filter and change regularly. Vacuum and wipe down surfaces weekly.

Also vacuums are not political for fucks sake. We are all Americans start acting like it.

Posted by: long road ()
Date: November 04, 2018 02:11PM

We are all Americans Wrote:
> Something In The Middle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nothing lasts 20 years any longer. And there is
> no
> > way I would pay over a thousand dollars for a
> > vacumn. But a $50 machine barely qualifies as a
> > vacuum. It won't have any suction. You should
> be
> > able to get a good reliable vacumn for under
> $300.
>
>
> +1000 Sears makes a good canister vac for 300 -
> ours has worked great for 5 years no repairs.
> Only an idiot would buy a dyson or some 1000
> dollar piece of shit. Buy a good furnace filter
> and change regularly. Vacuum and wipe down
> surfaces weekly.
>
> Also vacuums are not political for fucks sake. We
> are all Americans start acting like it.

Sorry but Conservatives are traitors and cowards. They do not count as Americans.

Posted by: I have a shark ()
Date: November 04, 2018 02:49PM

I have a shark. It is a bit over 7 years old and cost about $230 at the time. I don't doubt that Dysons are 'better' but twice the price. That said, this thing is the best vacuum I have ever owned if it breaks tomorrow...I have got my money's worth.

Posted by: kare bear1 ()
Date: November 04, 2018 04:32PM

Jonah Ryan Wrote:

You are like what, 16 or 17 years old?

Posted by: hjuct ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:11PM

Is your money directly or indirectly (government contract) from the Government ?

Are you buying Made in USA ?

if not, shut the fuck up

Posted by: prince harrier ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:12PM

ponderous stuff Wrote:
> I am leaning towards a Eureka for 50 bucks buy my
> wife thinks we need a 1400 dollar Dyson. What say
> you good people of Fairfax underground?

Dyson are HEAVY. if you feel like lugging around a lead weight, get one!

Posted by: pmxtk ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:13PM

Ha on your Deed.

You need carpet cleaning!

Posted by: kcekn ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:14PM

Drive a BMW. Hire mexicans to clean you stuff.

Hope citizens never get around to hanging you for using their money like that.

Posted by: uvwcy ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:18PM

Every model you mentioned is MADE IN CHINA.

Talk about some Made in USA and I'll talk.

I GUARANTEE YOU THEY'VE DESIGNED THEM (IN NY,NY, CA, OR CHINA) TO BE EXACTLY WHERE YOUR TOO GREEDY TO BUY MADE IN USA, BUT IT'S DESIGNED TO COST, COST, COST. YOU'LL PAY 10X AS MUCH. YOUR DEALING WITH CROOKS.

Posted by: xk7bj ()
Date: November 04, 2018 07:20PM

AARPer Wrote:
> Great thread. I used to buy the devil

I bet you did.

I bet you don't even know what that vacuum picture you posted was (how it's used) or why people are still buying and selling them.

Posted by: Are you sure ()
Date: November 05, 2018 08:02AM

I thought Dysons were now being made in Malaysia.

Posted by: m7yfx ()
Date: November 05, 2018 01:58PM

Are you sure Wrote:
> I thought Dysons were now being made in Malaysia.

Malaysia has more millionheirs per capita than USA.

Malaysia is building it's own steam power turbines to replace GE turbines because they don't want to buy anything white people sell.

Posted by: et3tt ()
Date: November 05, 2018 02:01PM

Are you sure Wrote:
> I thought Dysons were now being made in Malaysia.

"Made in CHINA" means it passed through chinese ports (china has NO law against lying on the label - it could be from iran or myanmar you don't know. made in mexico is the same: they're corrupt and put that label on chinese goods)

Malaysia accepts imports from china.

Do you know if malaysia has strict laws against false labeling? YOU DON'T

Posted by: xnedb ()
Date: November 05, 2018 02:03PM

ponderous stuff Wrote:
> I am leaning towards a Eureka for 50 bucks buy my
> wife thinks we need a 1400 dollar Dyson. What say
> you good people of Fairfax underground?

No your not.

Eureka stopped making vacuums ages ago, like the Clinton 90's.

a California Holding Company owns the brand, they sell "eureka" stickers to any chinaman who will pay for the stickers

that's all it is

Posted by: cytwn ()
Date: November 05, 2018 02:04PM

Are you buying Made in USA ?

if not, shut the fuck up. coversation over.

Posted by: GroßKlein ()
Date: December 02, 2018 12:46PM

Personally, I don't like using expensive vacuum cleaners. Although recently I found myspace profile of Kevin King who gives reviews on different cleaning products. And after reading some articles, I decided to buy a robot mop. I find it really handy to use.

Posted by: I Saw 2 Old Commercial Kirbys ()
Date: December 02, 2018 12:51PM

In a pawn shop 500 and change each. I also saw used wrench's, power tools and other shit 10 % over retail. The amount of stolen property is truly amazing, no wonder the illegals stand in line sending cash back home and can pay any apts rent increases.

Posted by: Do Police Get Discounts ? ()
Date: December 02, 2018 12:54PM

At pawn shops ?? Like 20 % up then 10 % off ?? Full retail price

Posted by: I Buy Mine ()
Date: December 02, 2018 12:59PM

At thrift stores like the commercial Hover upright I scored for 12 bucks, came with about a 50 ft cord works like a champ after a haz mat clean up

Posted by: MarkReed ()
Date: June 20, 2019 03:28AM

I'm definitely against buying expensive vacuum cleaners. It never pays off. My biggest problem is the cleaning of the living room, so I bought an inexpensive robot vacuum cleaner. You can see the characteristics here - https://comparisono.com/compare-robot-vacuums/roomba-650-vs-roomba-860 This kid is cleaning while I'm at work. All I have to do is remember to charge it.

Posted by: JV9Y3 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 08:59AM

we have this discussion about paper shredders every 18 months, every time the $40 one from Office Depot craps out.

Posted by: you had to politicize it ()
Date: June 20, 2019 08:57PM

Tim Crane Wrote:
>
> long run.

A trumptard would not buy a vacuum at all. Trumptardz never clean their trailers. When you're up to your waste in beer cans, rat shit, meth lab impedimenta, and used adult dependz, a little dust on the floor is the least of your cares.

Posted by: bald guy ()
Date: June 22, 2019 07:47AM

Bissell 959A Is a great vac, like 70 bucks, lasts 3 years then throw it the fuck away and get another one. Net cost $23.33 a year for a working Vac that does the job. Buy one and get the fuck on with your life and stop thinking about stupid shit like vacuum cleaners.

Posted by: Vacuumer ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:47PM

I have Dyson Ball for the main floor with the awesome pull out wand for stairs and drapes. Upstairs I have a Hoover Windtunnel which is wider and has the "dirty/clean lights that helped motivate the kids to keep vacuuming. Downstairs, I have a Shark Rocket, which does the job well, and is really light. I also have five robots, a iRobot in the family room, Neeto's in the guest room and living room, a Dirt Dog for the Berber carpet in the Basement, a new Haier for my bedroom, and a Pyle robot designed for kitchen floors.

The robots do OK, the iRobot models are the best, but having a corded vacuum on each floor is so convenient. I run the robots when I am away, because they make to much noise, and you have to move things before you use them, so the other rooms get cluttered. Good vacuums cost money for a reason.

Posted by: vaccuuming nut ()
Date: June 22, 2019 04:29PM

Vacuumer Wrote:
> I have Dyson Ball for the main floor with the
>
> The robots do OK, the iRobot models are the best,

I have a Dyson ball canister vac, a Roomba i7, and a handheld cordless dyson "trigger". It's a great combo for the home.

The Roomba does the 'heavy lifting' grunt work, it vacuums every floorspace twice a week. Then I just need to go around for a few minutes with the handheld to get behind doors & shelves, and places the roomba can't hit. The Dyson ball is a great cleaner with all kids of attachments, that gets used for special jobs and an occasional "deep clean" in every room.

I also have a cheap little shop vac that I picked up at Home Depot years ago for like 50 bucks. It's a brand I can't even remember, but it's good for dirty outdoor stuff and it was cheap enough that I don't care if it gets ruined. For my car, I just use the Dyson cordless, it's very convenient for that.

Posted by: dick sucking attachment? ()
Date: June 22, 2019 04:32PM

which vacuum has the best fellator?

Posted by: Peter Joseph ()
Date: August 19, 2020 06:03PM

Hi! I can definitely say that if you have enough money, better will be to buy good, modern, expensive vacuum. Cheap cleaners won't effectively clean the floor, they have poor navigation and low suction power. Also brush design quality usually low. If you want to choose really good model, check this robot vacuum reviews 2020, I'm sure you will find relevant device here!

Posted by: Vaculation ()
Date: August 19, 2020 09:42PM

dick sucking attachment? Wrote:
> which vacuum has the best fellator?

Kirby, but they have a steel impeller, so beware.

Posted by: Damint ()
Date: September 07, 2020 06:10PM

hi everyone) I was thinking about this 2 but my g-friend advised me this website
https://device.tips/en/best-robot-vacuums
u should see this, it's very usefull and helped me 2 make a choice

Posted by: Jakker ()
Date: January 18, 2021 09:54AM

The carpet is one of the symbols of the post-Soviet space and is present in many private houses and apartments, even though it is quite difficult to fit it into a modern interior. Like any surface in the house, the carpet needs appropriate care and periodic cleaning. A vacuum cleaner can not always thoroughly clean the carpet from dirt, so you should pay attention to dry cleaning. My wife and I found a very good My Home Carpet Cleaning NYC and we are thrilled with the result. The carpet is simply in perfect condition from professionals in their field.

Posted by: kllop ()
Date: January 18, 2021 09:57AM

Jakker Wrote:
> The carpet is one of the symbols of the
> post-Soviet space and is present in many private
> houses and apartments, even though it is quite
> difficult to fit it into a modern interior. Like
> any surface in the house, the carpet needs
> appropriate care and periodic cleaning. A vacuum
> cleaner can not always thoroughly clean the carpet
> from dirt, so you should pay attention to dry
> cleaning. My wife and I found a very good
> [color=BLAC
> K]My Home Carpet Cleaning NYC[/color][/url] and we
> are thrilled with the result. The carpet is simply
> in perfect condition from professionals in their
> field.

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

Posted by: Dyson fan ()
Date: January 18, 2021 11:06AM

Tim Crane Wrote:
>
> long run.

Around 2002, I bought a Dyson DC01, which still works well. A few years later I bought a Dyson Ball.

I keep the older one upstairs and the Dyson Ball on the main floor. Great vacuums. Don't go cheap.

Posted by: low budget housekeeping ()
Date: January 18, 2021 11:37AM

I buy three cheap hoover or bissell vacuum cleaners and keep one on each floor of the house, the oldest one goes in the basement. I probably get a new one every 3 years or so. Only way to go so you are not dragging them up and down the steps.

Posted by: MVKDY ()
Date: January 18, 2021 01:36PM

Tim Crane Wrote:
> A conservativenegro would boostuy the 50 dollar one and it
>
> A Liberalwhite person would buy the expensive one that would
> long run.

FIFY

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.