HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Some inmates refusing to leave jail because of coronas
Posted by: Freed but healthy ()
Date: April 05, 2020 02:18PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/freed-inmates-challenges-coronavirus/index.html

New York(CNN)John Mele is one of roughly 700 inmates who were released from county jails in New Jersey to address the growing novel coronavirus pandemic. But when he was handed two bus tickets and freed, he said he was frightened, not relieved.

"I was scared to leave," Mele told CNN. "There ain't too much sh** that I'm scared of. I'm scared of heights and I'm scared of going to something I don't know about."

He said he was given five minutes notice last Thursday after he was told he was leaving the jail three months earlier than his sentence for breaking into a fishing store. He had no place to go and no assurances that he was healthy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some inmates refusing to leave jail because of coronas
Posted by: smart move honestly ()
Date: April 05, 2020 02:43PM

why leave? can't go anywhere or do anything or see anyone. it's like being on house arrest anywhere and it's probably safer in there than it is out here. which is absolutely terrifying if you really think about it.

Re: Some inmates refusing to leave jail because of coronas
Posted by: smart move honestly ()
Date: April 05, 2020 02:44PM

house arrest anyway* and some places are locking people up for being out

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.