HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Al Qaeda in Iraq Video - Graphic
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: January 26, 2013 10:33AM

My understanding is that the video is was put out by the political wing of AQI (al Qaeda in Iraq) showing off a series of attacks which they have carried out over the last 8 months or so. Since the withdrawal of US forces in 2011 AQI has shown a resurgence. Targets in this video include security forces, police and politicians.

Here is the site I found the video on. It also provides a description of what you see.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/01/al_qaeda_in_iraq_vid.php

Here is a link to liveleak.com where it is hosted.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=770_1357947766

I have you now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Al Qaeda in Iraq Video - Graphic
Posted by: fireman or firestarter? ()
Date: January 26, 2013 11:57AM

About the time of the Arab spring when the US and its allies funnelled arms to militiants in the ME.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 26, 2013 06:00PM

Thanks for posting that Northman. It would be interesting to know where they got those suppressors for their pistols, it's not exactly something that goes lying around the battlefield like AK-47s or RPGs.

Date: January 26, 2013 06:10PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be
> interesting to know where they got those
> suppressors for their pistols,

I didn't watch the video but they probably recieved them along with other weapons and support from the PKK: Kurdistan Workers' Party who was for a long time supported by Iran but most likely currently receives support from Russia.

Date: January 27, 2013 11:59AM

And yet they're pissed at us for being in their country......

Posted by: ex-Lester ()
Date: January 27, 2013 12:01PM

They're pissed at the Shia who run the government and blocked the oil contracts in Kurdistan. Plays right into the hands of the U.S.

Posted by: ex-Lester ()
Date: January 27, 2013 12:46PM

U.S. special forces are still in Iraq. They've been there since the general SOF agreement expired. They could be lending a hand to whichever side (see Patreaus, McChrystal, Negroponte, et al).

Date: January 27, 2013 03:15PM

the grammar police Wrote:
> And yet they're pissed at us for being in their
> country......

They represent less than 1% of the entire countries population. They are the 1% and they make almost 500 million Euros every year soley from donations...and kidnapping randsoms...and extortions...and drug trafficing.

They also participate in a lot of protests and try to start riots: Turk on Turk Violence

The PKK are in close proximity to everything including those involved and it would only make sense.

file.php?40,file=79853,filename=turkey.p

disclaimer: i don't actually know what i am talking about but i like to think i do.

Posted by: LAWL ()
Date: January 27, 2013 03:21PM

Eli The Man of Mystery Wrote:
> disclaimer: i don't actually know
> what i am talking about but i like to think i do.

LAWL !

Date: January 28, 2013 12:53PM

Here's another video AQI released back in August.

Short summary: It shows AQI fighters dressed as police/SWAT/security personal overrun a series of checkpoints in the Anbar province. Basically they pretend to be legit Iraqi national security forces to local police, who, looking at the video, seem to have fallen for this deadly ruse until it was too late.

Anbar province is situated in Western Iraq and is home to mostly Sunni Arabs. Al Qaeda is a Sunni organization (their core tends to be Arabs but they are NOT a racist network). The Euphrates River (home of the Ancient "fertile crescent") snakes through it providing very fertile land in an otherwise barren region. It contains the notorious cities of Fallujah and Ramadi which were/have been a nightmare to govern.

This is why

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/08/_the_islamic_state_o.php

I have you now.

Date: January 28, 2013 01:07PM

By the way, Eli, what they hell happened to you here? You're actually making on-topic contributions (complete with links...and a map to boot!) that seem to be fairly well thought out. You even added a fairly funny disclaimer at the end.

Did you do a shit-ton of LSD one night and have one of those self-reflective, ego-shattering trips that induced a permanent personality change or something?

I have you now.

Date: January 28, 2013 09:36PM

So this AQI, are these native Iraqis doing this, or are these people being imported to attack the police and military?

Date: January 28, 2013 10:36PM

It's a good question. Exact statistics are obviously hard to come by. My guess would be, at this point, mostly native Iraqis. The jihadists that go from country to country looking for fights are probably in Syria, someplace in Africa or possibly even Yemen right now.

AQI has been largely dormant for a period of time (inside of Iraq that is, they are very much operational but their focus is on Syria right now), though they do launch attacks like this from time to time just to make it clear that they maintain the capability to do so. Roughly 13 months ago Zawahiri sounded the call for jihad against the Assad regime. So that's where most of trans-national types would be headed.

The Al Nasura front, which makes up the core of the jihadist power block fighting the Assad regime was started by a bunch of AQI operatives. They don't use the Al Qaeda name to avoid international sanctions (though the US State Dept recently designated them a terrorist organization anyway) but they are definitely an offshoot of AQI. Not surprisingly, they are the most well funded, trained, organized and dangerous of the opposition groups.

You want to see something crazy, read about the18 July 2012 Damascus bombing likely carried out by the Al Nasura Front.

I have you now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 10:39PM by TheNorthman.

Posted by: black flag ()
Date: January 28, 2013 11:07PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/09/AR2006040900890.html

Pretty funny the last videos released showed Zarqawi unable to handle weaponry. You know it's propaganda when the materials start to mock its subject. He was dead soon after this article.

Date: January 28, 2013 11:11PM

black flag Wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2006/04/09/AR2006040900890.html
>
> Pretty funny the last videos released showed
> Zarqawi unable to handle weaponry. You know it's
> propaganda when the materials start to mock its
> subject. He was dead soon after this article.

You mean this video here?

HA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bU5M6a4dE8

I have you now.

Date: February 02, 2013 06:30PM

Eli The Man of Mystery Wrote:

> The PKK are in close proximity to everything
> including those involved and it would only make
> sense.

"DHKP/C has a relationship with the Turkish Kurdish separatist group PKK, which is also close to the Syrian government." --> CNN: Turkish attack a reminder of Cold War dynamics

In case you aren't up on the current events...The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C) was most recently in the news for the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey.

A couple other good reads...

Washington Post: Turkey bombing: What is the DHKP/C terrorist group?

Article that was linked from the Washington Post article: Role of Iran and Syria in THKP/C terrorism against Turkey

The articles talk mostly on how the recent events were more about Turkey & Syria but more specifically at the US involvement as these leftist groups have long had anti-US and anti-EU ideologies. The PKK (and their relationship with other terror groups) is more widespread in the region as well and as I said before that it would only make sense that they were also tied in with the AQI. Also, it seems that Iran has a large role in helping out many of these groups in the region...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 06:32PM by Eli The Man of Mystery.

Date: February 04, 2013 12:26PM

Well, as expected AQI is ramping up their attacks in Iraq. They've carried out two suicide attacks in as many days. Today they hit an "Awakening" meeting in the predominately Sunni Arab province of Anbar, which was their bastion of support prior to the "Awakening". Long story short, in 2006, AQI's base of support got so sick of their shit that a movement arose, "The Awakening", where the everyday people turned against AQI and drove them out of areas they controlled. This coincided with the Coalition's "Surge".

I'm a bit surprised to see at this point that AQI executed an attack in the northern city of Kirkuk yesterday, only because, unlike the areas to the west, it is not primarily inhabited by Sunni Arabs and thus their population is unlikely to side with AQI. The thinking being; solidify your base (kill your enemies or scare them into inaction), then strike outward.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/02/al_qaeda_in_iraq_lau.php

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/02/al_qaeda_in_iraq_sui.php

***So Eli, where are you stationed? Not Iraq, right? We're pretty much out of there. So I'm guessing Afghanistan.***

I have you now.

Posted by: Furburgers ()
Date: February 04, 2013 12:33PM

The US military pulled out of Sunni tribal areas and let the Shia militias and the Kurds have at 'em. Many of the local insurgents went back to their tribes as they were needed for defense. They were also being paid by the US to join the Awakening councils as many of them were unemployed.

Kirkuk was/is a mixed city in dispute. It doesn't matter if the population has been ethnically cleansed to some degree. It's totally expected that bombings would occur in areas taken over by the Shia and Kurd.

Posted by: Fucwad ()
Date: February 04, 2013 04:27PM

They should only target the Kikes.

Date: February 24, 2013 01:45AM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> You mean this video here?
>
> HA!!!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bU5M6a4dE8

That is hilarious...Although it doesn't necessarily surprise me all that much. I'm sure the same could go for many executives and company heads. They do well in the leading and planning scheme of things but generally they are useless when it comes down to the actual execution of the plans. It is still somewhat surprising considering he was leading terrorist training camps and couldn't even operate a weapon.

Date: October 26, 2013 11:15PM

The "rebels" are the good guys...lulz

Maybe John McCain wants to join them for ice cream...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cde_1382711267

Turkey's Gendarmerie General Command, the military police responsible for security in rural areas,
has reportedly notified the country's Interior Ministry about preparation by al-Qaeda-affiliate fighters in Syria
to stage car bomb attacks in Turkey.

Turkish daily Milliyet reported on Friday that the gendarmerie sent a letter to the intelligence department
of the Interior Ministry before the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha notifying them
about 10 car bombs that are being prepared to be
detonated across Turkey.

A secret cable the gendarmerie sent to the police said the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)
is planning terrorist attacks in Turkey and has prepared 10 cars with fake Turkish plates
and loaded with bombs to be detonated in Turkey. The
terrorists were planning to cut the wired border fence with Turkey to
bring in the cars.

The cable said the final decision as to whether or
not to carry out the terrorist attacks would have been given based on
Turkey's position during the Friends of Syria meeting in London last
week.The letter explained that the ISIS plan would have been
called off if Turkey had considered the terrorist group among the
legitimate moderate opposition. Milliyet said Turkish authorities issued
warnings to all police and gendarmerie forces in all cities across the
country.

Turkey, which has been a staunch supporter of the Syrian
opposition fighting to topple President Bashar al-Assad, is accused of
providing logistical support to two al-Qaeda-linked groups -- the
al-Nusra Front and ISIS.Ankara has said several times that its
stance towards the developments in Syria is clear and that it will not
take part in the ongoing fighting, denying claims that it supports
radical Islamist groups operating in Syria.

Posted by: Eli The Camel ()
Date: July 25, 2014 12:06AM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> By the way, Eli, what they hell happened to you
> here? You're actually making on-topic
> contributions (complete with links...and a map to
> boot!) that seem to be fairly well thought out.

The map got deleted for some reason but here it is again.

Attachments:
turkey.png

Date: July 25, 2014 12:36AM

If they are successful at holding off the Iraqi government as they have been thus far and the shit going on in Syria doesn't come to some sort of resolution within the next 2 years, southern Turkey is the next stop in the attempt to create their Islamic state. If that happens then we will be brought into a war in Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. It's only a matter of time. 87 more years of fighting...

Date: July 25, 2014 02:37AM

Eli The Prince of Peace Wrote:
> If they are successful at holding off the Iraqi
> government as they have been thus far and the shit
> going on in Syria doesn't come to some sort of
> resolution within the next 2 years, southern
> Turkey is the next stop in the attempt to create
> their Islamic state. If that happens then we will
> be brought into a war in Iraq, Syria, and Turkey.
> It's only a matter of time. 87 more years of
> fighting...

I don't claim to know anything. That having been said, I don't see southern Turkey as a lucrative near term target for the IS. Turkey, even the south-eastern parts of it (from what I understand) are just not very fertile breeding grounds for jihad.

For starters, they're not Arabs. Secondly, the Kurds are there. Third, the ISIS/Assad tacit non-aggression understanding (I can’t reference this other than to challenge anybody to find an instance of the NDF attacking the IS or vice versa) appears to be dead. This should come as no surprise and it is huge, IMO. Assad has made two deals with the devil ( 1.allowing AQ fighter to funnel into Iraq 2003-2009 and 2.thinking that Baghdadi could be trusted).

A bit off-topic; does anybody really think Iran will get involved in Iraq against the IS? The US tried and failed for a decade. Additionally, I believe that the Taliban will retake Afghanistan not long after the US withdraws, putting Salafists on both flanks of Iran. Can you imagine the nightmare the Iran is going to find themselves in 18 months from now?

I have you now.

Posted by: Henro ()
Date: July 25, 2014 09:10AM

Good links THANKS.

Date: July 25, 2014 08:11PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> black flag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
>
> > le/2006/04/09/AR2006040900890.html
> >
> > Pretty funny the last videos released showed
> > Zarqawi unable to handle weaponry. You know
> it's
> > propaganda when the materials start to mock its
> > subject. He was dead soon after this article.
>
>
> You mean this video here?
>
> HA!!!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bU5M6a4dE8

I really know nothing about guns. So if somebody could please tell me what zarqawi's man is doing at the 0:05 second point of this video I'll probably laugh my ass off.

Here are two (probably comically wrong) guesses.

1. unlocking the safety

2. locking in the clip <<<<< I think this one is more likely

please note that the screen shot has been slightly modified to better fit the forum

I have you now.
Attachments:
Zar-Wut-Da-Fuk(slightly modified).png

Posted by: xephE ()
Date: December 18, 2014 06:50PM

Eli The Camel Wrote:

> The map got deleted for some reason but here it is
> again.

some truth in the 2 year old prediction by eli the intel anal list

Posted by: jmuND ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:47PM

Posted by: I Luv Bacon ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:23PM

We are beating them mercilessly!
Attachments:
mosul marie_thumb[2].jpg

Posted by: SEENN ()
Date: July 26, 2015 04:57AM

Car bomb in Turkey kills 2 as country steps up anti-terrorism efforts
Turkey initially decided to attack ISIS during a national security meeting Thursday headed by Davutoglu. Turkish forces arrested 590 suspected terrorists, bombed ISIS positions in northern Iraq and targeted the PKK in strikes in a daylong operation Saturday.

It was the first time Turkey had attacked ISIS and the PKK simultaneously.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/26/middleeast/turkey-violence/index.html

Posted by: Forward thinker ()
Date: November 21, 2015 12:50AM

TheNorthman Wrote:

> A bit off-topic; does anybody really think Iran
> will get involved in Iraq against the IS?

Maybe

> Can you imagine the nightmare the Iran is going to find themselves in 18 months from now?

It is 18 months from then; now?

Posted by: So, the billions spent - ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:24AM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> My understanding is that the video is was put out
> by the political wing of AQI (al Qaeda in Iraq)
> showing off a series of attacks which they have
> carried out over the last 8 months or so. Since
> the withdrawal of US forces in 2011 AQI has shown
> a resurgence. Targets in this video include
> security forces, police and politicians.
>
> Here is the site I found the video on. It also
> provides a description of what you see.
>
> http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/01/al_
> qaeda_in_iraq_vid.php
>
> Here is a link to liveleak.com where it is hosted.
>
>
> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=770_1357947766

The billions (trilions now) spent with all this, at the average, low income U.S. taxpayers expense. All at the 'command' of the very ones in charge that are way overpaid and under worked and got us into this mess to start with, and Al-Queda, ISIS and the rest are going on just as strong as ever and more.
Well, bust our britches and fuck us all up the ass why don't you? Betcha ten to one there is going to be another wave of tax increases and/or new ways found to break it off in our asses as well! While the rich get even filthier richer and the politicians vote in for themselves some more huge pay raises and bennies! Maybe an extra paid employee to handle the increase in phone calling generated by more terrorism they have invoked with their idiot decisions in foreign affairs?
Same damn thing!
Attachments:
tumblr_kto4y6ENVn1qa29fjo1_500 (1)~01~01.jpg
DSC03899~01.jpg

Posted by: D3uLV ()
Date: November 21, 2015 03:31AM

Forward thinker Wrote:
> TheNorthman Wrote:
> -----
>
> > A bit off-topic; does anybody really think Iran
> > will get involved in Iraq against the IS?
>
>
> Maybe
>
>
> > Can you imagine the nightmare the Iran is going
> to find themselves in 18 months from now?
>
>
> It is 18 months from then; now?

I called this shit years ago. Look at my other posts about the Afghan Taliban if you want to see what the Af/Pak region will look like in 5 years from now. None of this is hard to predict for somebody who reads on this daily (not mainstream media).

iLester (in my uninformed, wretched and completely worthless opinion) is the only other person on this site who has an opinion that is well informed. Not coincidentally, nobody listens to shit (aside from myself anon) he has to say.

Posted by: sky news ()
Date: February 19, 2016 06:57PM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/middleeast/turkey-airstrikes/index.html

Turkey blamed the attack on the PKK -- a Kurdish separatist group that Turkey, the United States and the European Union have designated as a terror organization. Turkey has been battling the PKK for decades.

Date: February 19, 2016 07:00PM

So we support the Kurds in Northern Iraq, but vilify the Kurds in Turkey....

Posted by: sky noose ()
Date: July 01, 2016 10:21AM

Eli The Camel Wrote:
> TheNorthman Wrote:
> -----
> > By the way, Eli, what they hell happened to you
> > here? You're actually making on-topic
> > contributions (complete with links...and a map
> to
> > boot!) that seem to be fairly well thought out.
>
>
> again.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/europe/turkey-istanbul-ataturk-airport-attack/

The organizer of the Istanbul airport massacre is a well-known terrorist from Russia's North Caucasus region who served as a top soldier in the ISIS war ministry, a U.S. official said.

Posted by: Eli is Back ()
Date: October 13, 2019 09:08PM

> > TheNorthman Wrote:
> > -------------------------------------------------
> > By the way, Eli, what they hell happened to you
> > here? You're actually making on-topic
> > contributions (complete with links...and a map
> > to boot!) that seem to be fairly well thought out.

> Eli wrote:
> ---------------------------------------------------
> again.

81 more years of fighting...

file.php?40,file=149114,filename=turkey.

81 more years of fighting...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.