HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Star Trek: Discovery
Posted by: millenials please educate me ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:34PM

Star Trek: Discovery

worth watching? it's got renewed a 3rd season i've never seen it on Cable

but it's never been on any Cable i've seen. how does that work?

past several weeks i've seen more tv than i have in decades - a few hours most nights. and i'm ill.

Star Trek: i didn't see allot of because it aired too late my parents wouldn't let me watch it. i've seen a few recently i'd never seen before. great series - a few dud episodes.

Start Trek TNG: very few i didn't see. at the time only show on TV i'd watch - a few dud plots concerning "psych woman" and mother wooing piccard

DS9 - like what i've seen never had time to watch until recently - seen several episodes - a few dud plots involving kira and a religious figure i turn off before they start

Voyager - didn't like it at all but never had time to watch any - seeing several recently: better than what else is on basic cable

Star Trek: Enterprise. This also i never saw until just weeks ago.

Star Trek: Picard - reportedly is a NEW series to beginning SOON. yes, that piccard

Stargate SG-1 - saw a few of the series beginning - started ok / interesting (mc guyver the star) - but quickly (re-runs being played out of order btw) they put mc guyver in 2nd role, fired the bookworm got some idiot who's never read a book to be the bookworm, and those are un-watchable. Only character worth watching is the black guy with the symbol on his head (since mc guyver isn't really in any episode) - but that guy - he's not in enough scenes to make the show worth it. did i watch mcguyer series? no - was busy at time that was playing.

Babylon 5 - at first i thought - too cluttered with subplots, flip to it during commercial very confusing show with a few good actors. THEN i realized the plots were good - war weary dignitaries trying to make sense of things. THEN THE PLOT turned to be the (captain) resurrected by an alien so he could screw his woman - and they turned toward attacking earth killing many for political reasons (and not it was filmed during Clinton presidency)

I'm like WTF? resurrected to screw and killing innocent people in a political move to "sway opinion" (tv news was central in this "political swaying", and death) of the effort to unite certain foreign countries?

THAT'S NOT STAR TREK: IT'S THE FIRST TIME I WANTED TO KILL THE STAR TREK CAPTAIN for crimes and bad plots

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
Posted by: 7mckd ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:36PM

Star Trek: Enterprise. This also i never saw until just weeks ago. i like it it has many values - but it's on too late to watch! (god i hate cable companies!)

Posted by: millenials please educate me ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:49PM

Star Trek: Untitled Philippa Georgiou series. These I also have not seen aired on cable tv - ever. That would make two consecutive series that (picked winner democrats) made (made a few seasons btw) that never aired even on democrat controlled Cable boxes. wow most shows are canceled before a pilot airs. the same "director" is now begging piccard to come back from retirement to save him?

These movies i didn't see: did i miss anything?

The Next Generation films:

Insurrection (1998)
Nemesis (2002)

Reboot (Kelvin Timeline) films: (i understand these don't even involve characters from any of the TV series and are from australia? i'm confused ...)

Star Trek (2009)
Into Darkness (2013)
Beyond (2016)

Posted by: rfggre ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:31PM

Star-Trek-Axanar-featured-316x173.jpg

Star Trek Fan-Made Film Axanar Faces Lawsuit From Paramount. Made by europeans trying to sell in USA without paying LICENSE FEES

reportedly a band of fans and previous cast members made a movie - next keep in mind Star Trek invited actors from all countries so it's no surprise that this was not an american production.

star-trek-beyond-635946900288615676-stb-

this image makes this "un-released movie" look far different from the first advertised image

(now, as to the license fees for all those sherlock holmes remakes in USA - forget it - you let the copyright lapse!!)

Posted by: rfedfc ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:37PM

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men

A three-part mini-series directed by Tim Russ and starring several original Star Trek stars, including Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig.[20] The first part was released in December 2007; parts 2 and 3 were released in 2008.

Did this one air on TV?

(that reminds me Walter Koenig was in Babylon5 as a villian - or so you thought - it turns out he is a good guy who prejudice falls upon too easily. he was not in the seasons where bablyon5 began killing earth for "gain of opinion in the news", i hope)

Posted by: refrfd ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:39PM

Star Trek: Renegades

also (starred) Pavel Chekov but CBS sued and the show was released without "star trek" ties

was it in theaters? did it air on tv?

Posted by: mpkfd ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:41PM

check THIS out it's actually very strange

past cast members (including major ones) making fan films getting sued to prevent release to the public

CBS - the people suing - fund 6 seasons and never air them on democrat controlled boxes - while CHECK-ing-OFF on australian made star trek movies*

(that did what in the box office? did CBS get paid? or is this another mystery?)

Posted by: 4r3fefd ()
Date: July 19, 2019 02:00PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_fan_productions

So SEVERAL (episodes) with great cast (from past star trek that were aired) were made - some getting awards.

NON were aired all were blocked by CBS lawsuits (to prevent airing - question is if advertisers felt the same way)

The same CBS who has spent 6 years making Star Trek series that they could have aired but didn't (noting democrats run the rating system, many companies that do the advertising, and have revolving doors with the IRS and are airing - with ads - really bad reality TV shows)

VERY STRANGE

Posted by: 4r3fefd ()
Date: July 19, 2019 03:00PM

i guess there are some good Star Trek episodes ("fan episodes") to watch but not a series , not what advertisers are looking toward as away to get "flock" to their (made in usa i hope) product

Posted by: COLOROX CEO ()
Date: July 19, 2019 03:02PM

1*_pOdHnoGDNk4qdXpIl9asw.jpeg

i dont' like piccard - red shirts don't need Clorox

Posted by: 3erfed ()
Date: July 19, 2019 03:08PM

20170630_131033-640x360.jpg

clorox - if you even look at that lysol bottle we'll cancel your show !!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.