HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Black History Month
Posted by: BLACK HISTORY MONTH! ()
Date: February 03, 2019 05:13PM

‘You ran over my baby with a two-ton truck.’ Ex-firefighter who ran over Md. man gets 12 years.

A former D.C. firefighter convicted of fatally running over a man, which prosecutors say was an act of revenge, was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

A Prince George’s County Circuit Court judge handed down the sentence Friday to Gregory Bowyer Jr. Bowyer argued he saw McKinnon’s hand on the trigger of an AK-47 moments before the fatal encounter, but prosecutors said the gun wasn’t pointed at Bowyer or in McKinnon’s hands during the ramming.

“You ran over my baby with a two-ton truck,” McKinnon’s mother Sheraina Parks-Jones said through tears at Bowyer’s sentencing.

Parks-Jones, who was with her son the day he died, recalled watching the wheels of Bowyer’s Range Rover roll over her son. “Unfortunately I had to witness the birth and death of my son,” she said.

Bowyer was convicted of second-degree murder last year for the fatal collision outside the Amish market in Upper Marlboro on Feb. 13, 2017. Bowyer’s daughter reported she had been assaulted by her ex-boyfriend the evening before and McKinnon, 21, had been at the scene, according to court testimony. The morning after the assault, Bowyer was driving through a neighborhood with his daughter and they spotted McKinnon as he got into an SUV with Parks-Jones.

Bowyer tailed the car for six miles before both vehicles stopped in the shopping center parking lot and McKinnon stepped out.

Video that was played at trial showed McKinnon walking toward Bowyer’s Range Rover, which sped up and plowed McKinnon to the ground.

“I told that son of a bitch to leave my daughter alone,” one witness testified to hearing Bowyer say after McKinnon was down.

Prosecutors argued Bowyer committed murder, because he had sought out McKinnon and followed him before the killing.

“Mr. Bowyer did in fact follow and essentially hunt down Mr. McKinnon,” Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Aisha N. Braveboy said.
Attachments:
GregoryBowyer Jr..jpg

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.