HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Song playing before Metallica opens up
Posted by: ernie ()
Date: February 02, 2009 09:40AM

DC 101.1 was playing the live Metallica concert and the opening was a an instrumental that sounds similar to what plays on Clint Eastwoods Spaghetti Westerns. Actually I think it is on one of them. Anyway, anyone have any idea what it is and who plays it. I would love to get a copy. I think they play it for all their openings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Song playing before Metallica opens up
Posted by: Sculler ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:26PM

It's the song from the graveyard scene of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly". It's called "The Ecstasy of Gold". Hetfield is a big Clint Eastwood fan. They did an instrumental cover of it that was somewhat lame, Kirk Hammett needs to unplug the damn wah-wah pedal every now and then.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:43PM

Ennio Morricone was the guy's name that did the soundtrack. I used to have the album when I was a teenager and loved it. It has a lot of cool songs on it and I was a little poopie when I heard a few of the hack versions of Ecstasy of Gold.
Ennio has done soundtracks for a shitload of movies.

Posted by: ernie ()
Date: February 02, 2009 01:10PM

I thought it was The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I have not watched that movie to the end for a while though. Waah, Waah, waaah. I think I even got a copy for Xmas a few years back but have yet to open it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.