HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best way to save for kids' college?
Posted by: saver ()
Date: October 22, 2017 05:38PM

I've got a 12 and a 6 year old. Haven't saved much for their college, but looking to start. I've got some bonds that I was going to use for their college, but surely It won't be enough. Both are pretty smart for their ages, but I don't want to assume they are going to free rides, and I don't want them to have to deal with the huge burden borrowing for school can be. I about something called Virginia 529 that you can invest for college, but haven't done all my research on it yet. Does anyone have any suggestion, experience about saving for college?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best way to save for kids' college?
Posted by: Pc retardz ()
Date: October 22, 2017 05:43PM

Don't worry about it.

The worst case scenario is 2 years at community college for 3 grand a year then if they get a 3.0 they get into UVA for tuition of only 16000 a year.

That's a total of 38 k for an excellent education. Less than a car.

Re: Best way to save for kids' college?
Posted by: Pritchard ()
Date: October 22, 2017 05:54PM

Listen dad, college is a huge waste of money. May as well give them 20K each to go make their way in the world.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.