HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I installed new purchase of Windows 10 - then deleted it!
Posted by: trigger RMA ()
Date: October 14, 2017 11:19PM

Installed on older "good brand well supported" laptop with minimal specs.

I was surprised it really ran great for a new OS on an older machine - including usable web surfing.

(it took 3/4 of a day to finish installing - rebooted like 15 times - but i didn't have to life a finger hardly during it)

HOWEVER - they removed support for the laptop (0 sound, no directx video extra support), so I un-installed it. (most OSes are breaking past equipment to force upgrade not just Microsoft)

Overall I was impressed and will (re)buy a copy

when i get around to finding ? a "used but awesome" PC/top/mini of some kind (what i dunno) (i got a mac-mini i love, so no hurry)

Microsoft has a strange product (c# .net sublet shell prompt what??) but the worst part of w95 days are gone, it runs .exe from all over (many company/products) you keep needing to update this or that with, and it does great gaming without locking up (which indicates your actually getting to use the hardware you paid for) and is only ~ $100? please well worth it for *not* having to hack and end up with partial support of what u paid for right?

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.