HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A.I. Pioneer Bengio Yoshua Says Tech Monopolies Are ‘Dangerous for Democracy’
Posted by: breitbart ()
Date: September 23, 2017 02:25PM

bengio-yoshua_prof.jpg

A.I. Pioneer Says Tech Monopolies Are ‘Dangerous for Democracy’

(actually A.I. magazine / journal has been in print since before he's been in diapers - I've browsed some copies from a nearby nasa rocket propulsion dr's private library: in the 1980's)

--------------------------------

The real situation is worse. Countries hacking linux to put in security issues and assured failure and all attacking each other for control of: OS dominance (right to issue update forced on others: top down control), cell platform shelf space in stores, GAMING: end to end development kit sales and gaming platforms, attacking usa pioneering companies like Intel. power and money and world dominance, and much more: like "scholars" in foreign countries getting OBAMA grants (usa taxpayer money) to ATTACK usa tech companies, unpaid trodden upon patents, it's endless.

The field is totally fucked, Clinton (USA) de-regulated it saying "tech companies needed to grow without regulation".

Like health care: there is no way back to "sain" from where it is.

Certainly Supply and Demand should be important, "sain" trade between countries should reduce consumer cost without endangering military autonomy for every country, and it should be EASY for developers to release on all platforms.

Ain't gonna happen. They are all at each other's throats and many of the worst are the ones preaching for "it all to be free" (of course, because they are funded by a foreign gov, they want USA's tech FREE and coder's labor free: but Samsung shares to RISE)

Tech is one of the biggest fucks ups going today: and allot of that fueled by political choices / and their political brats.

-----------------------------

and fucking COX - paid to bring me TV, has issued out several set top boxes AND several modems (infinite budget to upgrade - but i don't get any benefit from upgrades - all for features I can't enable)

fucking COX is having their own chinese imported PRODUCT LINE OF cell phones, boxes, and now tablets, and other systems

where is that going? to get TV which used to be free (which my senile parents happily sign for, because they're fucking senile), I have to fund COX to use profits to "make their own tech world" rather than just bring TV / internet into the home. which includes, btw, their new "systems" both being hard to use and broken AND which attack my older linux boxes WHILE not offering shit to me in return

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A.I. Pioneer Bengio Yoshua Says Tech Monopolies Are ‘Dangerous for Democracy’
Posted by: hj6k4 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 02:57PM

Economically: it's a HYPER oversaturated market created by wreckless abandon of "the profit model". you have communists everywhere writing free code (often attacks on america dressed up as "helpful projects").

It's a hyper, lying, oversaturated market not operating on a profit basis that only a few are getting paid for - a few who didn't actually do any f'ing work.

it's a creation by democrats who never follow any law, just run off and make personal attempts at companies who are not held liable for taking RISK using other people's time and money (using welfare or gov jobs to "start a business" without any social permission, skipping out on debt)

it's a fucking wreck alright, that much he's on point but not the right color yet

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.