HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
China to put Elon Musk's new Gigafactory out of business
Posted by: We kick your ass round eye ()
Date: June 28, 2017 04:08PM

China Is About to Bury Elon Musk in Batteries

Factories are adding enough capacity to power the equivalent of nearly 1.5 million Model S vehicles

By Joe Ryan
June 28, 2017, 12:17 PM EDT

As Elon Musk races to finish building the world’s biggest battery factory in the Nevada desert, China is poised to leave him in the dust.

Chinese companies have plans for additional factories with the capacity to pump out more than 120 gigawatt-hours a year by 2021, according to a report published this week by Bloomberg Intelligence. That’s enough to supply batteries for around 1.5 million Tesla Model S vehicles or 13.7 million Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrids per year, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance.

By comparison, when completed in 2018, Tesla Inc.’s Gigafactory will crank out up to 35 gigawatt-hours of battery cells annually.

800x-1.png

Then we take cars too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: China to put Elon Musk's new Gigafactory out of business
Posted by: Solaree ()
Date: June 28, 2017 04:20PM

Tough to beat China when it comes to advances in green energy. The just complete a massive hydro-electric damn and are now building solar all over the country.

Posted by: PYXTN ()
Date: June 28, 2017 04:53PM

Stupid faggot threw a shit fit over the Paris Climate crap, and look what happens next.

HAHAHAHAHA

No MAGA for you, filthy foreigner.

Posted by: NEF9P ()
Date: June 28, 2017 06:49PM

This is good news. China has claimed that it is going to make drastic reductions in CO2 emissions. Producing and requiring a lot of EVs is a big part of making that happen.

China has a minimal presence in the US car market. Yeah, they make a lot of parts. I don't see that changing, with EVs or conventional vehicles.

Posted by: jkxft ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:27PM

Factories

WITH WHO'S DEBT FUNDING YOU SUPER DUMB ASS ??

world debt is everyone's debt - and china is king at creating landfill crap and living large on lies these days

ANYONE CAN BUILD A FACTORY GIVEN DEBT FUNDING, ANYBODY WINS THAT WAY

which is why Trump should be kicking their "state initiative" asses for writing up debt to attack USA companies like FUCKING SWISS CLOCKWORK - except stealing the design for the watch from the swiss without a thank you

Posted by: jwmkc ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:30PM

Ford announced they acquired the best marked holding / access rights for lithium ore, and have the best high volume thin film large battery (which is recyclable too) technology period - announced it before tesla was even a design on a napkin

anything china has: likely just theft from some factory somewhere. it seems that's all they do

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:34PM

Yup, yet Republicans are focusing on coal. And attacking our new industries and celebrating China winning the production battle.

Posted by: Elon thanks you for your stupid ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:39PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup, yet Republicans are focusing on coal. And
> attacking our new industries and celebrating China
> winning the production battle.

Nobody's attacking it stupid.

We just don't want to subsidize him. No need for it. Especially if the product is as successful and in demand as you say it is.

Why the fuck you tards babble about 'wealth inequality' and then line up behind one of the most capitalistic bastards around to give away middle class tax money to subsidize rich people buying expensive boutique toys I've never really understood. Which is exactly what you're doing.

Date: June 28, 2017 11:43PM

Kill yourself.

Posted by: OK, now I can relax.... ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:47PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> and celebrating China
> winning the production battle.

Gerry has just stated that China is winning the battery production competition.

Therefore, Chinese production is about to hit rock bottom.

Posted by: Upward Redistribution ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:49PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Kill yourself.

Facts suck huh?

Date: June 28, 2017 11:54PM

No ones asking for a fucking subsidies. You put straw man fallacies to try to explain away your illogical partisan habits. You're not worth my time. Like I said, kill yourself.

Posted by: Gerrrymanderrer2 ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:59PM

Kill yourselves you fucking white nazi pieces of shit. We'll be raping your daughters and putting little brown savage babies in them so get used to it.

Posted by: Sucka took yo money ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:00AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> No ones asking for a fucking subsidies. You put
> straw man fallacies to try to explain away your
> illogical partisan habits. You're not worth my
> time. Like I said, kill yourself.

The only reason that he has a business is because of the EV credits that it sells and that subsidize purchases dumbshit. That's on top of the loans that we gave him that he was supposed to use to produce an economical version like 5 years ago. He got like a 3,000X return on the money the he lent to the company. We got something like 3%. And he never did build the fucking car.

Date: June 29, 2017 12:05AM

Damn you have a super hard on for Elon Musk don't you sir? lmao! Thank God he's a world renowned success or you may have been right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 12:06AM by Gerrymanderer2.

Date: June 29, 2017 12:07AM

Should we be saying thanks Obama?

Date: June 29, 2017 12:10AM

Let me tell you one thing. I have never been wrong opposing the right. It's the ultimate truth. It'll make you look like a fucking prophet.

Posted by: Reverse Robinhood Tax ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:19AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Damn you have a super hard on for Elon Musk don't
> you sir? lmao! Thank God he's a world renowned
> success or you may have been right.

Nope, I'm just right and you're full of hypocritical shit.

The only reason that his company exists is because of the credits. The only reason that he made a profit in recent quarters was that he sold off a bunch of them.

Tesla's ZEV Credits - Accounting Tomfoolery Meets Regulatory Shenanigans

Summary

Tesla recently reported a Q3 GAAP profit of $22 million thanks to ZEV credit sales of $139 million, together with an estimated $15.5 million in other regulatory credits.

While other regulatory credits are relatively stable from quarter to quarter, ZEV credits arise when a car is sold but they don’t impact assets or revenue until Tesla resells them.

That makes ZEV credits cost-free margin on demand and creates a fertile environment for accounting tomfoolery.

The ZEV credit scheme implemented by California's Air Resources Board unfairly discriminates between ZEV manufacturers by awarding credits based on vehicle range instead of emissions abatement potential.

Due to the obvious regulatory shenanigans, California’s ZEV rules fail to achieve, or even serve, their statutory mandate and must be rewritten by numerate adults.

I was unimpressed when Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) reported a Q3 GAAP profit of $22 million thanks to $154.5 million in "Green Credits." After all, I first saw Tesla's Green Credit gambit in Q1-13 when it reported a surprise GAAP profit of $11 million thanks to $85 million in Green Credits. Since then, the huge quarterly variations have been a frequent source of amusement.

Tesla earns GHG and other regulatory credits as it manufactures cars. So its quarterly revenue accruals for GHG and other regulatory credits are quite stable in the $15.5 million range.

Tesla also earns ZEV credits every time it sells an electric car in California or one of nine other States that have adopted California's ZEV regime. Those credits, however, have no impact on Tesla's asset values or earnings until Tesla sells a block of ZEV credits to another automaker that needs them. At that point, the proceeds flow directly to gross margin with no related costs. The ZEV credits are cost-free margin on demand that can easily be used to manage earnings.

On the purchase side, he can tell you himself how much of po folks money rich folks get to buy them:

https://www.tesla.com/support/incentives

Date: June 29, 2017 12:29AM

Damn, you're like the Taliban of America. You hate education, innovation and progress. This has gotta be some sort of mental condition.

Posted by: Eklpk ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:40AM

Gerrrymanderrer2 Wrote:
> Kill yourselves you fucking white nazi pieces of
> shit. We'll be raping your daughters and putting
> little brown savage babies in them so get used to
> it.

Gerry, this is not a heathy response. People can have different opinions, especially in America - it is a good thing to share ideas. But hatred and violence? Ugly and unnecessary.

Date: June 29, 2017 12:45AM

I didn't write that. That's one of my many trolls. I have many fans.

Posted by: Elon the Bearded Woman ()
Date: June 29, 2017 01:10AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Damn, you're like the Taliban of America. You
> hate education, innovation and progress. This has
> gotta be some sort of mental condition.

I worked in the electric vehicles office at DOE for years dumbshit. I own the fucking stock. I'd might own one if I didn't work from home and only drive about 2,500 miles/year so it makes no fucking sense to have a $90K car sitting in my garage.

That doesn't mean that I can't see Elon's parasitic company for what it is. There's no reason why we should be giving his company, which as you like to point out has a higher market cap than GM and Ford with huge demand, our tax money. It's not some R&D-stage venture that needs government support. He can get his own damn financing and pay the going rate like every other company.

Even better now, being the slimeball carnival barker that he is, he's starting to try to talk down the credits saying that they're not necessary and should be ended, Not because he's some magnanimous guys but because his credits are going to run out after about the first year or so of the 3 in 2018/-2019 and he doesn't want anyone else to be able to run the same scam that he did and compete with him.

Date: June 29, 2017 01:15AM

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I agree with everything you said. But when a man can do this I stop calling him a slime ball.
Attachments:
spacex.gif

Posted by: He's a great con man ()
Date: June 29, 2017 01:26AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Wow, that's pretty crazy. I agree with everything
> you said. But when a man can do this I stop
> calling him a slime ball.

Just more of your tax dollars at work.

Los Angeles entrepreneur Elon Musk has built a multibillion-dollar fortune running companies that make electric cars, sell solar panels and launch rockets into space.

And he's built those companies with the help of billions in government subsidies.

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The Times. The figure underscores a common theme running through his emerging empire: a public-private financing model underpinning long-shot start-ups.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

Date: June 29, 2017 01:32AM

Seems like our tax dollars are being put to excellent good use in concert with the private sector to pull us off a dependency on Russian Soyuz spacecraft.
Attachments:
soyus 2.gif

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: June 29, 2017 06:46AM

We kick your ass round eye Wrote:
> China Is About to Bury Elon Musk in Batteries
>
> Factories are adding enough capacity to power the
> equivalent of nearly 1.5 million Model S vehicles
>
> By Joe Ryan
> June 28, 2017, 12:17 PM EDT
>
>
> As Elon Musk races to finish building the
> world’s biggest battery factory in the Nevada
> desert, China is poised to leave him in the dust.
>
> Chinese companies have plans for additional
> factories with the capacity to pump out more than
> 120 gigawatt-hours a year by 2021, according to a
> report published this week by Bloomberg
> Intelligence. That’s enough to supply batteries
> for around 1.5 million Tesla Model S vehicles or
> 13.7 million Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrids per
> year, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
>
> By comparison, when completed in 2018, Tesla
> Inc.’s Gigafactory will crank out up to 35
> gigawatt-hours of battery cells annually.
>
>
>
> src="https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iIyChnKQ1
> lHc/imonS5R0.ZBo/v0/800x-1.png">
>
>
> Then we take cars too!

Basically, proves that the stimulus bill, tax subsidies and purchase incentives were nothing but a CHINESE jobs program.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.