HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Republican Suicide Watch - 257,000 More New Jobs, US Incomes Jump
Posted by: Obama - Economic Genius ()
Date: February 07, 2015 10:39AM

The nation’s seven-year-long debate over the state of the economy is Over. Obama came to office in the Great Republican Recession 2009 - the worst Global Economic Crisis since the Great Republican Depression of the 1930's.

Obama promised to turn the economy around. Obama did just that. The numbers are there to prove it. Obama was right. Obama won this debate hands down.

- Five years of consistent positive job growth each and every month, followed by a 6th year whose first 2 months have already created almost 600,000 new jobs.
- Five years of steady unemployment decreases and unemployment is down to a much healthier 5.7% which is more than half of it's peak percentage rate.
- Annual household incomes jumped up 2.2% in the last 12 months.
- Close to 10,000,000 Americans signed up for Obamacare just in the last few months, and close to 30,000,000 Americans now have health care who never had it before
- Health Care premium increases and spending for all Americans has slowed dramatically since ObamaCare took effect
- The stock market has gone from under 8,000 in 2009 to a record breaking 18,000 under Obama.
- Government deficit spending has decreased.
- Government debt growth has slowed dramatically.
- Interest rates remain at historical lows
- US GDP is growing quickly
- Consumer Confidence is way up

Republicans repeatedly argued that Obama had fallen short, with an economy suffering slow growth and unnecessarily high unemployment. They fought to extend temporary tax cuts for the wealthy and said the economy would suffer. It didn't. The economy has flourished. They voted 56 times against Obamacare and said it would cripple the economy. It didn't. The economy has flourished. Simply put, the Republicans were wrong about everything on the economy. The Republican Party caused the Great Republican Recession and then failed America on every level with their bogus claims and predictions.

Republicans now owe President Obama, Democrats, and all the citizens of the United States of America a huge apology and should say "Thank you President Obama for saving America! We were wrong on every level. Please forgive us for our fabricated partisan bullshit."

All Republicans on FFXU should now submit their formal apologies on this thread.

OBTW: You're Welcome you misguided racist inbred religious fundamentalist homophobic trailer trash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Republican Suicide Watch - 257,000 More New Jobs, US Incomes Jump
Posted by: All Apologies ()
Date: February 07, 2015 10:47AM

Four!
Attachments:
obama-golf.jpg

Posted by: ewwww gross ()
Date: February 07, 2015 10:54AM

It's "fore"

No vacations no leisure work work jobs
Attachments:
obama-golf-free-use.jpg

Posted by: The GOP says "you're ()
Date: February 07, 2015 12:10PM

Welcome"

Posted by: Good Golfer Too! ()
Date: February 07, 2015 12:19PM

Just goes to show you Obama is so good he can golf and get shit done.

Posted by: I repukes ()
Date: February 07, 2015 12:57PM

I heard Republitards aren't calling the economy bad anymore and Obama a complete failure.

He just hasn't done enough is what they say now. And they're the party of get this, income inequality now. Who woulda fucking thought.

Posted by: Cruz ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:26PM

I'm still waiting for republicans to accomplish one thing. Shutting down the gov didn't accomplish shit.

Posted by: 3EuUC ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:41PM

Part time work and jobs for immigrants.

Hooray.

Posted by: Trash Crowd ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:45PM

3EuUC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Part time work and jobs for immigrants.
>
> Hooray.

You're an immigrant you dumb trailer park trash.

Posted by: Utmost ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:46PM

Stupid foolish sheeple. Either lying or gobbling up the lies they are feed like the how great the US economy is doing and employment has rebounded. You deserve the shit job you'll have to work for 50 years until you die.

Gallup CEO Calls Unemployment Numbers 'A Big Lie'

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx

And guess why the unemployment rate has fallen from the 9% that it really is. It's because Obama and Congress got rid of the 2 year unemployment benefit and cut it back to the 26 weeks that it's historically been. All those people had to go out and take any job they could find. That's why engineers are making $11/hr working at Target instead of the $59/hr they were making pre-crash.

Man you people are stupid. Hitler thrived on clueless dumbasses like you who lap up the propaganda.

Posted by: yJYVD ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:48PM

Trash Crowd Wrote:

> You're an immigrant you dumb trailer park trash.

Nope, born and raised right here in FFX County. And I've never visited a trailer park in my life. Wrong TWICE in 8 words. Good job goober.

Posted by: X9j7P ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:49PM

gov mc' au lift was watching obama golf on COX Cable / msnbc africa

that's how he got injured in africa. any report he was thrown off a walababy are untrue.

(you know those boxes can route gov tv and media - also treason and gov documents - they are more than they appear - those set top COX boxes )

----------------------------
i've been on a immense black arabian horse and got my neck broken, thrown.

i've never heard of an African horse. wow.

Posted by: Native Americans ()
Date: February 07, 2015 02:56PM

yJYVD Wrote:
> Trash Crowd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > You're an immigrant you dumb trailer park
> trash.
>
>
> Nope, born and raised right here in FFX County.
> And I've never visited a trailer park in my life.
> Wrong TWICE in 8 words. Good job goober.

You are a "Native American?" Powhatan People?

Posted by: 9ukX6 ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:11PM

In the months and years since the recession began in December 2007, foreign-born workers have experienced a net increase in employment, while native-born Americans have experienced a net loss.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released updated employment data Friday.

The new BLS figures reveal that since the start of the recession in 2007 — which is said to have ended in June 2009 — the number of foreign workers employed in the United States rose by 1.7 million.

In December 2007 the number of foreign-born workers was 22,810,000 by January 2009 the number has increased to 24,553,000.

Meanwhile the number of American-born workers employed decreased by 1.5 million, from 123,524,000 to 121,999,000.

While the foreign-born and American-born population experienced different statistical employment fates, both categories of adults experienced net growth.

The numbers come as Congress continues to debate a Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill that would defund President Obama’s executive amnesty, which has opened the door for millions of illegal immigrants to legally work in the United States.

Posted by: Bush Recession ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:17PM

Remember the Bush Recession? That was fun.

The last year of Bush's second term was dominated by an economic recession. The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) marked December 2007, the month with the highest payroll employment numbers, as the high point of American economic production with output declining from then on to the present.[74] GDP declined by an annualized -0.5% in the third quarter and -3.8% in the fourth quarter of 2008.[75] The two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth met the "rule of thumb" definition of a recession, confirming the NBER's declaration of a recession.

Bush responded to the early signs of economic problems with lump-sum tax rebates and other stimulative measures in the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008.

Re: bHhkXRepublican Suicide Watch - 257,000 More New Jobs, US Incomes Jump
Posted by: bHhkX ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:29PM

Native Americans Wrote:
> yJYVD Wrote:
> -----
> > Trash Crowd Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > You're an immigrant you dumb trailer park
> > trash.
> >
> >
> > Nope, born and raised right here in FFX County.
>
> > And I've never visited a trailer park in my
> life.
> > Wrong TWICE in 8 words. Good job goober.
>
> You are a "Native American?" Powhatan People?

Yes, I am a native american. No, I am not powhatan people.

Posted by: GxXt7 ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:30PM

Bush Recession Wrote:
> Remember the Bush Recession? That was fun.
>
> The last year of Bush's second term was dominated
> by an economic recession. The National Bureau of
> Economic Research (NBER) marked December 2007, the
> month with the highest payroll employment numbers,
> as the high point of American economic production
> with output declining from then on to the
> present.[74] GDP declined by an annualized -0.5%
> in the third quarter and -3.8% in the fourth
> quarter of 2008.[75] The two consecutive quarters
> of negative economic growth met the "rule of
> thumb" definition of a recession, confirming the
> NBER's declaration of a recession.
>
> Bush responded to the early signs of economic
> problems with lump-sum tax rebates and other
> stimulative measures in the Economic Stimulus Act
> of 2008.

Bush sucked. Obama sucks. Smart people get that. Dumb ones, not so much.

Posted by: Simple ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:33PM

How many people have, to quote political figures and news reports, simply dropped from the workforce (taking in disability, shacking up with others, etc.)?

Also, to the liberals always slamming conservatives for a plan to replace the botched health care law, take a moment to search for the recent plan being circulated through the ranks.

Doesn't matter though. The political playing field has become so radicalized that even some good policy would be shot down by one, hell, by both sides. I say clean house. Too many old shits in there acting like a clogged turd in the toilet (Harry Reid and Mitch Mcconnell as prime examples).

Posted by: sure but then there are facts ()
Date: February 07, 2015 04:06PM

You ungrateful pieces of shit can write off all facts if you wish. You're only destined to repeat history if you do.

If Mccain/Palin were elected rather than Obama we'd be deep seeded in a decades long depression right now.

And that's a fucking fact. Europe tried austerity and got fucked. Republicanism destroys the middle class and in the process they destroy their rich constituents as well.

They're losers destined to fail again and again.

Posted by: crisis response ()
Date: February 07, 2015 04:18PM

The natural response to a financial crisis with increasing national debt and less revenue is infrastructure stimulus and temporary increased taxation on higher income brackets.

The reason for this is you drive economic activity and provide jobs. You also create infrastructure that will remain in place even in the event of economic collapse for the future rebuilding of the economy. If inflation becomes the result that will allow for the debt to be paid off easier since its factored in dollars.

Only half of the progressive response was possible because Republicans protected Bush's tax cuts for the rich. We wouldn't have as much debt as we do if it weren't for their actions. Their actions did not place the consequences for the increasing debt where it belonged. The rich whom control the economic gears that caused the crisis to begin with. Because of the Republicans the rich were able to concentrate more wealth without any real consequence for their reckless actions.

Now with the recent passage of their bill to fund the government they once again put the tax payers on the hook for risky derivatives trading. If austerity had been followed it would have done nothing to mitigate the economic recession and may have caused a deflationary environment exasperating the problems the nation was facing.

We dodged a huge bullet but corrupt Republicans are completely incapable of doing anything but adhering to the special interests that have been the cause of our recent economic volatility.

Posted by: KuLtE ()
Date: February 07, 2015 05:35PM

sure but then there are facts Wrote:
> You ungrateful pieces of shit can write off all
> facts if you wish. You're only destined to repeat
> history if you do.
>
> If Mccain/Palin were elected rather than Obama
> we'd be deep seeded in a decades long depression
> right now.
>
> And that's a fucking fact. Europe tried austerity
> and got fucked. Republicanism destroys the middle
> class and in the process they destroy their rich
> constituents as well.
>
> They're losers destined to fail again and again.

Your lack of understanding of WHY things are rather than WHAT things are means you're either 8 years old or a fucking retard. Which is it?

Japan has been hyperinflating the yen as well as hyperstimulating and hyperinvesting in their companies and infrastructure for 25 years. They have been either in a recession, coming out of recession or about to go back into a recession the entire time.

Europe is all over the map when it comes to economic policies. The Germans are austere and doing fine, but they adopted the Euro and they rise or sink with the rest of Europe now.

You are one retarded 8 year old. Go back to school, get some learning and maybe one day you can compete with Jethro in cypherin'. Moron

Posted by: Krugman's Kat ()
Date: February 07, 2015 05:50PM

sure but then there are facts Wrote:
> You ungrateful pieces of shit can write off all
> facts if you wish. You're only destined to repeat
> history if you do.
>
> If Mccain/Palin were elected rather than Obama
> we'd be deep seeded in a decades long depression
> right now.
>
> And that's a fucking fact. Europe tried austerity
> and got fucked. Republicanism destroys the middle
> class and in the process they destroy their rich
> constituents as well.
>
> They're losers destined to fail again and again.

I thought according to you wankers we were doing "austerity?" The stimulus was insufficient according to Krugman. It needed to be $4 trillion. Debt doesn't matter. Remember? And they took years to get started spending what was done and still haven't spent all of it even now. "Shovel ready wasn't so shovel ready." Remember?

Meanwhile, the evil obstructionist Republicans blocked everything Obama tried to do otherwise. Remember?

And the most significant spending measure was the sequester which cut spending.

Yet, somehow here we are!

How'd that work again?

krugman_cat.jpg

Posted by: i dont ()
Date: February 07, 2015 06:03PM

I dont think you should be playing I thought word games since Republicans are shifting to a the economy is good all of a sudden and are adopting an income inequality message.

You idiots have no policy of your own. You only pass laws drafted by citigroup or make decisions meant to funnel federal money into corporations.

Posted by: Krugman's Kat ()
Date: February 07, 2015 06:16PM

i dont Wrote:
> I dont think you should be playing I thought word
> games since Republicans are shifting to a the
> economy is good all of a sudden and are adopting
> an income inequality message.
>
> You idiots have no policy of your own. You only
> pass laws drafted by citigroup or make decisions
> meant to funnel federal money into corporations.

I don't think you should be talking about income inequality when it's increased under Obama.

Or talking about Citi.

From 2006-2008, Jack Lew was chief operating officer of Citibank's alternative investments division.

You know, the group that did things like MBS and CDS. Remember?

Then there was his former Chief of Staff Bill Daley who was previously a top exec at J.P Morgan Chase. Remember?

Among others.

Not counting that big money Wall Street donors were among his largest.

I'm not sure whether you idiots are hypocrites or just that fucking stupid. lulz

Posted by: Total Jewishness ()
Date: February 07, 2015 06:31PM

They are all Trolls making sure the Repubs are still awake.

The Monkey in chief and his policys will go down as the most inept corrupt coverd up Admin ever.

Every white liberals dream!

Posted by: wrongg ()
Date: February 07, 2015 06:38PM

Liberals only care about the last five minutes. it is impossible to have any intelligent debate with them.

I wonder what the end of extended unemployment benefits had on people finding work?

Just kidding, I don't wonder at all.

Posted by: New York Federal Reserve Bank ()
Date: February 07, 2015 06:48PM

wrongg Wrote:
> Liberals only care about the last five minutes. it
> is impossible to have any intelligent debate with
> them.
>
> I wonder what the end of extended unemployment
> benefits had on people finding work?
>
> Just kidding, I don't wonder at all.

Employers were more willing to create jobs and workers were more willing to take them after the expiration in January of a program entitling unemployed workers to collect nearly two years of benefits.

That’s the conclusion of a study this week by the New York Federal Reserve Bank. It found that the number of new jobs that came open each month exploded by 20 percent to 4.7 million by June, six months after the extended jobless benefits ended.

The rate of new job openings also soared to its prerecession peak of 3.3 percent of all workers just months after Congress allowed the benefits to end after Democrats and Republicans failed to agree on an acceptable way to pay for them.

Posted by: FFXU Credit Union ()
Date: February 08, 2015 12:00AM

Please submit your apology and payment in full for supporting the Republican Party and all their high risk bullshit that has destroyed America.

we might consider allowing you to fill out an application for an account or line of credit with our bank to cover the damage and debts you have incurred for America.

Otherwise STFU and pay down the debt you ran up for the 2 unfunded wars, the Government Shutdown, the temporary tax cuts that lasted over ten years and cost us billions, the 56 failed attempts to repeal/delay Obamacare, and all the misguided Benghazi, IRS, and Fast-n-Furious investigations that were not in your Pro Forma.

They were not in any budget submissions and you busted all the loan covenants.

Pay now or we are putting the Republican Party into bankruptcy - the financial and morally repugnant kind.

Posted by: Kruggy will cover mine ()
Date: February 08, 2015 12:08AM

FFXU Credit Union Wrote:
> Please submit your apology and payment in full for
> supporting the Republican Party and all their high
> risk bullshit that has destroyed America.
>
> we might consider allowing you to fill out an
> application for an account or line of credit with
> our bank to cover the damage and debts you have
> incurred for America.
>
> Otherwise STFU and pay down the debt you ran up
> for the 2 unfunded wars, the Government Shutdown,
> the temporary tax cuts that lasted over ten years
> and cost us billions, the 56 failed attempts to
> repeal/delay Obamacare, and all the misguided
> Benghazi, IRS, and Fast-n-Furious investigations
> that were not in your Pro Forma.
>
> They were not in any budget submissions and you
> busted all the loan covenants.
>
> Pay now or we are putting the Republican Party
> into bankruptcy - the financial and morally
> repugnant kind.

Paul-Krugman-Keynesians-Fail.jpg

Posted by: Best President Ever? ()
Date: February 08, 2015 04:39PM

Is there anything Obama and democrats can't fix?

The economy is booming and that's despite the effort of republicans to wreck the country.

Posted by: HN9nH ()
Date: February 08, 2015 05:26PM

Best President Ever? Wrote:
> Is there anything Obama and democrats can't fix?
>
>
> The economy is booming and that's despite the
> effort of republicans to wreck the country.

You are hysterical!

Posted by: jyE73 ()
Date: February 08, 2015 07:56PM

For those with a grain of sense, he never left...
Attachments:
keynes_return.jpg

Posted by: He has a Nobel Prize you know... ()
Date: February 08, 2015 08:25PM

krugs.png

Posted by: ev3m6 ()
Date: February 08, 2015 08:35PM

@ He has a Nobel Prize you know...

The quote is correct in that most people have nothing to say. You are part of the proof of that, yet you babble on anyway. Completely unnecessary and unproductive use of bandwidth.

Posted by: Liberal Voice ()
Date: February 09, 2015 09:38AM

Republicans are now silent on the "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and "Drill Baby Drill."

Jeee.... I wonder why?
Attachments:
jobs.jpg

Posted by: derail and replace ()
Date: February 09, 2015 09:41AM

Thwy tried everything they could. Shut downs, debt ceilings, filibusters. Still couldnt ruin the economy again.

Posted by: huh??? ()
Date: February 09, 2015 11:43AM

Look what happened to gold prices! Glenn Beck is RUINED...RUINED, I'm telling you!

Posted by: Dean's list ()
Date: February 09, 2015 12:38PM

Liberal Voice Wrote:
> Republicans are now silent on the "Jobs Jobs Jobs"
> and "Drill Baby Drill."
>
> Jeee.... I wonder why?

56 months of insufficient job growth. Awesome.

Tards don't understand that's the rough equivalent of saying "He made Cs all through college!" lol

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 09, 2015 12:51PM

Job numbers are a MIRAGE. Wages are stagnant and a record number of people are OUT OF THE WORKFORCE..

Fact.

Drill baby drill? It's nice that the Wahhabi Saudis can pull your puppet strings with a brief period of cheap crude, prices will go back up and up and up.

Fact.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Memo to idiots ()
Date: February 09, 2015 08:53PM

The Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) was projected to continue climbing through about 2000 as the result of women going to work. It should have then flattened for a bit, and then commenced to decline as the number of retiring baby boomers began to increase. At the moment, the LFPR is projected to continue to decline into the mid-2020's. Cyclical factors can modestly muffle or amplify these demographic factors, but it's the demographics that drive the number. The only wild card now is immigration. We will have a steadily rising demand for immigrant labor going forward, but the supply side may not be able to react to that. Obviously, the more immigrants we have, the higher the LFPR will go.

Posted by: Suck It ISIS! ()
Date: February 10, 2015 10:35AM

I like how when job numbers are good for a democratic president they don't mean a thing.

But, when job numbers are bad it's a campaign issue for republicans.

Posted by: GOP on the Hill says "You're ()
Date: February 10, 2015 10:53AM

welcome"

Posted by: Too Funny ()
Date: February 10, 2015 11:50AM

GOP on the Hill says "You're Wrote:
> welcome"

The GOP gets credit for the Great Republican Recession, high unemployment, massive job losses, the 1.2 Million who died in the Iraq War over nothing, shitting the bed in Afghanistan, massive deficit spending, the majority of our 18 trillion in national debt, 56 votes against Obamacare, 10 Benghazi investigations, the fake IRS scandal, the fake Fast-n-Furious scandal, the fake lawsuits against our President, undermining our constitutional rights, suspending habeas corpus, eavesdropping on Americans, secret prisons, secret trials, extraordinary renditions, the new summer Olympic sport of WaterBoarding (not torture), undermining equal rights, equal pay, and equal treatment under the law, blocking Americans from voting, eroding our national infrastructure, taking food and social services away from the old, poor, disabled, women and children, ruining the environment, heating up the planet, destroying science and education in America, arming every gun nut possible, blocking every piece of sane legislation possible, and a few other things.

If the Devil himself were set out to ruin this country - he couldn't have a better and more experienced ally to run the shit show than the GOP.

Posted by: The GOP gets credit ()
Date: February 10, 2015 12:03PM

Your words, troll.

Why so mad?

Posted by: 9NDdJ ()
Date: February 10, 2015 08:08PM

are being poisoned by democrat liberal "psych majors" with their nasty little prescriptions from europe

Posted by: CunvK ()
Date: February 10, 2015 08:09PM

the should get farm fresh food, heal

and revolt instead

Posted by: the devil himself ()
Date: February 10, 2015 09:44PM

Too Funny Wrote:
> GOP on the Hill says "You're Wrote:
> -----
> > welcome"
>
> The GOP gets credit for the Great Republican
> Recession, high unemployment, massive job losses,
> the 1.2 Million who died in the Iraq War over
> nothing, shitting the bed in Afghanistan, massive
> deficit spending, the majority of our 18 trillion
> in national debt, 56 votes against Obamacare, 10
> Benghazi investigations, the fake IRS scandal, the
> fake Fast-n-Furious scandal, the fake lawsuits
> against our President, undermining our
> constitutional rights, suspending habeas corpus,
> eavesdropping on Americans, secret prisons, secret
> trials, extraordinary renditions, the new summer
> Olympic sport of WaterBoarding (not torture),
> undermining equal rights, equal pay, and equal
> treatment under the law, blocking Americans from
> voting, eroding our national infrastructure,
> taking food and social services away from the old,
> poor, disabled, women and children, ruining the
> environment, heating up the planet, destroying
> science and education in America, arming every gun
> nut possible, blocking every piece of sane
> legislation possible, and a few other things.
>
> If the Devil himself were set out to ruin this
> country - he couldn't have a better and more
> experienced ally to run the shit show than the
> GOP.

"If the Devil himself were set out to ruin this country - he couldn't have a better and more experienced ally to run the shit show than the GOP."

You sir are right. The devil himself couldn't match the GOP. I swear he couldn't. No way he could.

Posted by: the repuke ()
Date: February 10, 2015 09:49PM

The American republican is the most dispicable being ever to exist in the universe. In an advanced 1st world society too mind you.

Posted by: Jobs Jobs Jobs ()
Date: February 13, 2015 08:22AM

Jobs, jobs, jobs! Well unless Obama is doing it. Then it's fuck the US economy and jobs.

Posted by: Still wrong ()
Date: March 06, 2016 01:03PM

3EuUC Wrote:
> Part time work and jobs for immigrants.
>
> Hooray.

Fagnut more wrong

Lol, cool alterverse bro, I call it "The Man in the High Chair"

huggies-Republican.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.