HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Trump Flip Flops AGAIN - Because Military Would Never Follow His Illegal Orders to Torture and Murder
Posted by: Dump Trump ()
Date: March 05, 2016 09:07AM

Washington (CNN) After Trump publicly trashed the unblemished reputation of retired United States Air Force four-star general, Michael Hayden, who was former Director of the National Security Agency, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency - the Republican front-runner Donald Trump was forced to eat his own words after coming under absolutely scathing criticism for his national security views on Friday, executing an abrupt about-face by declaring that he would not order the U.S. military to violate international laws to fight terrorism.

After advocating the killing of terrorists' families and the benefits of torturing suspected terrorists, Trump suddenly reversed course - but only after a flurry of widespread condemnation was blasted at him from former cabinet members, lawmakers, intelligence experts, and a plethora of current and retired military officials - many of whom denounced Trump as "utterly unfit to the office" of President.

Others clearly stated that the military would be within its rights and legally obligated to refuse to obey Trump's illegal, immoral, and unethical orders.

In a statement Friday, Trump said that he now understands "that the United States is bound by laws and treaties" and that he could "not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters."

Trump added, "I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities."

Katrina Pierson, a Trump spokeswoman, said the Trump had been misquoted and misunderstood.

"He realized they took him literally, that's why he put out the statement," she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room." "What he's saying is that he wants to go after them with the full force of everything we have."

Neither the statement nor the campaign's explanations were enough to quell the bipartisan uproar.

The lead Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, said that while Trump "has now said he would obey the law, he has yet to specifically disavow torture or killing the families of our enemies."

"Let's be clear," Schiff said in a statement Friday, "these are war crimes, no matter who is ordering them or carrying them out."

Numerous experienced Republican officials, including Congressmen and Senators have also blasted Trump.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trump Flip Flops AGAIN - Because Military Would Never Follow His Illegal Orders to Torture and Murder
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 05, 2016 02:03PM

The military combined doesn't have the balls to refuse the unconstitutional unlawful orders of the great Oompa loompa dear Emperor. They will fall in line before his soft well moisturized hands.

Re: Trump Flip Flops AGAIN - Because Military Would Never Follow His Illegal Orders to Torture and Murder
Posted by: militaryarepussy ()
Date: March 05, 2016 02:57PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The military combined doesn't have the balls to
> refuse the unconstitutional unlawful orders of the
> great Oompa loompa dear Emperor. They will fall
> in line before his soft well moisturized hands.

Yeah agreed, the military are a bunch of pussies. I mean how the fuck would they even let National Defense Authorization Act even pass?

Defending my freedom...haha k

Posted by: Douchebagz ()
Date: March 05, 2016 03:08PM

militaryarepussy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The military combined doesn't have the balls to
> > refuse the unconstitutional unlawful orders of
> the
> > great Oompa loompa dear Emperor. They will
> fall
> > in line before his soft well moisturized hands.
>
>
> Yeah agreed, the military are a bunch of pussies.
> I mean how the fuck would they even let National
> Defense Authorization Act even pass?
>
> Defending my freedom...haha k

Reminds me of when I was in high school a couple of years ago. There was a guy who tried to make everyone pay for his food and even buy him sneakers at one point. His excuse?

Bro, I'm about to serve you!

GTFO with that bullshit, nobody asked you to serve.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.