HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Eating Disorder/Other Disorders
Posted by: Emma Shawl ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:22AM

I can't sleep and I'm up eating. This happens several times a week and I have gain a considerable amount of weight since the start of the new year. My husband doesn't touch me as much but hasn't said anything. I don't think I'm depressed but I might be. I can't stop eating. I am very sad but enjoy this time of day because I eat as much as I can without anyone noticing. I will probably continuing eating until around 4:30 am ...I'm sad thinking about it.

Can anyone relate?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating Disorder/Other Disorders
Posted by: Adam and Steve ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:48AM

Look, now that gay marriage is legal you need to get off your fat ass and get back in shape or he will drop your ass like a sweet potato. You don't want him sucking some other guy's dick now do ya?

Date: July 06, 2015 02:52AM

He isn't gay

I'm sitting her in the kitchen with a plate of left overs from the 4th enjoying the food but sad that I'm gonna get another plate and after that eat some of my independence day celebration cake. I could cry b/c I have no control.

Posted by: basehead ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:58AM

Emma Shawl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He isn't gay
>
> I'm sitting her in the kitchen with a plate of
> left overs from the 4th enjoying the food but sad
> that I'm gonna get another plate and after that
> eat some of my independence day celebration cake.
> I could cry b/c I have no control.

Smoke crack, you'll stop eating.

Ate All The Leftovers
Posted by: some more info ()
Date: July 06, 2015 03:06AM

Gonna suck when youre 40whatever or 50whatever and divorced with kids, isnt it. And when no one else will want to be with you. All because you want to be a fat pig.

Gross.

Posted by: SkinnyNow ()
Date: July 06, 2015 09:03AM

Hey girl, it happens. You just have to do something that's more fun than eating until you see some weight loss- then it gets easier to stop binging. It does sound like you're depressed.

Do you have any heart troubles?

Date: August 04, 2015 11:38PM

I was doing good for a few weeks but have had a setback and on the verge of a relapse. I'm watching Chopped and just want to eat. My food coach isn't answering her phone! I could cry.

Posted by: emMxF ()
Date: August 14, 2015 01:27PM

(Sorry I'm late, found this in a search)

What helped me- going for long walks in nice parks and shopping centers.

We have a TON of nice parks here in Fairfax and close by- just go for a nice LONG WALK EVERY DAY- bring your headphones and play some upbeat music (throw on the classic 90's dance tunes! ;) and WALK for an hour at LEAST. Bonus points if you walk by water, for some reason watching the waves helps me out and calms me. Occoquan park is usually pretty quiet and puts you right on the river.

Go to National Harbor and walk around the docks and nice stores and people-watch, that will inspire you to lose weight too and when you hit your goal you can buy that nice dress you saw in the window. Walk by it at least 2-3 times a month to keep yourself motivated. Take a picture, even. Or walk through tysons, springfield town center, whatever upscale shopping center, make a few laps and enjoy a small ice cream when you're done. Being around other people helps to fight depression too, you're probably lonely in your house all the time. Bring the kids if you have to, the walk is good for them too and will wear them out so they nap when you get back

Then when you get home from your walk, allow yourself ONE treat (like 2 fun size snickers or like 4 oreos or ONE CUP MEASURED of the ben and jerrys or whatever your guilty sweet is) then PUT IT AWAY.

Calorie-count- try to stay below 2,000 a day and feel free to stuff yourself on low calorie foods- my fave is making simple salads with lettuce, tomato, onion, a TINY BIT of cheese and grilled chicken thrown in for flavor and a light vinagrette...I can eat 2 of them a day and not feel guilty about it!!

Oh and GET PLENTY OF SUNLIGHT NOW WHILE YOU CAN, winters around here are kinda depressing and grey I know- but get a sunlamp now while you can on sale and sit under it in the winter, but still take walks bundled up as long as its not snowing or icing hard out- no excuses!!!! Just have a warm coat and sturdy shoes....

Hope this helps I know a lot of my friends are depressed too and want to throw in my 2 cents.....

Hope this helps....

Posted by: stay happy ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:02PM

Bumping as a reminder to get outside while it's still warm out! (and checking on OP, this thread just crossed my mind!)

I know winter is the WORST for depression- the cold and gloominess...It's cool to cuddle up with some cocoa and a good book by a fireplace (if you're lucky to have one/know someone with one)...but for now- get outside and walk and soak in the sunshine!!

Love, me.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.