HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
God's Representative on Earth - Republicans Are Dead Fucking Wrong About Climate Change!
Posted by: Lord Almighty ()
Date: June 17, 2015 11:18AM

GOP presidential hopeful Jeb Bush criticized Pope Francis on Tuesday after a draft of his Encyclical on climate change was leaked by an Italian newspaper.

In the leaked draft, the pope attributes "the majority of the global warming in recent decades" to human activity.

During a town hall event in New Hampshire, Bush said he thinks religion "ought to be about making us better as people and less about things that end up getting into the political realm."

“I hope I’m not going to get castigated for saying this by my priest back home, but I don’t get economic policy from my bishops or my cardinals or my pope,” Bush said, according to the New York Times. “And I'd like to see what he says as it relates to climate change and how that connects to these broader, deeper issues before I pass judgment."

Other Republicans came out against the pope after he first spoke on climate change in January.

"I don't know if it is all [man's fault] but the majority is, for the most part, it is man who continuously slaps down nature," the pope said, according to Reuters.

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) told a radio station earlier this month the church shouldn't weigh in on scientific matters.

“The church has gotten it wrong a few times on science, and I think we probably are better off leaving science to the scientists and focusing on what we’re good at, which is theology and morality," he said.

While many haven't yet spoken out about the pope's views, several Republican presidential hopefuls have question climate change and its origin. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) has said “humans are not responsible for climate change in the way some of these people out there are trying to make us believe.” Business mogul Donald Trump has called global warming a "hoax." Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has compared climate change activists to "flat-Earthers."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: God's Representative on Earth - Republicans Are Dead Fucking Wrong About Climate Change!
Posted by: rligion=anti-science ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:21PM

If Democrats want to start relying on the Catholic Pope for guidance how will that impact their position on abortion?

Oh, and I thought religious people were anti-science. If the pope is a religious man and if religious people are anti-science, wouldn't his position on climate change be anti-science?

Do Democrats want the Pope dictating US policy? Is that what I'm reading here?

Re: God's Representative on Earth - Republicans Are Dead Fucking Wrong About Climate Change!
Posted by: #logicfail ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:36PM

> Democrats want to start relying on the Catholic Pope for guidance
> how will that impact their position on abortion?

Agreeing with someone is not the same thing as relying on them for guidance.

That's why you're post is so stupid.

Posted by: this ain't twitter, dipshit ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:55PM

#logicfail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Democrats want to start relying on the Catholic
> Pope for guidance
> > how will that impact their position on
> abortion?
>
> Agreeing with someone is not the same thing as
> relying on them for guidance.
>
> That's why you're post is so stupid.

No, pointing to the pope and saying "see, look the pope says climate change is a problem and that means you have to agree with him" is stupid.

You wouldn't understand logic if it took and elephant sized shit on your face.

Posted by: #grammarfail ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:56PM

#logicfail Wrote:

"That is why you are post is so stupid."

LOL!

Posted by: Conserva-tards! ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:14PM

#logicfail Wrote:
> > Democrats want to start relying on the Catholic
> Pope for guidance
> > how will that impact their position on
> abortion?
>
> Agreeing with someone is not the same thing as
> relying on them for guidance.
>

Failing in logic and grammar. Damn, you suck bad. Real bad.

Conserva-tards!

LoLz!

Posted by: Conserva-tards! ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:29PM

So you agree with the pope about abortion being murder.

But you wont follow his guidance and stop knocking up pre-teen girls?

Kinda fickle aren't ya?

Posted by: I Luv Bacon ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:32PM

Prog rep
Attachments:
clown-500x467.jpg

Posted by: Lib-turdz! ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:41PM

So you agree with the pope on climate change.

But you wont follow his guidance about abortion being murder?

Kinda fickle aren't ya?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.