HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Female Whales gain Hilary Clinton Syndrom
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: March 07, 2015 09:24AM

Female killer whales gain natural leadership qualities after menopause “Reveals 751hours of video footage”

BY TASNUVA RAHIM ON MARCH 7, 2015 SCIENCE

A recent study proposes that female killer whale menopause is followed by them taking up roles of the pod leader. It has been observed that they assist other whales of the pod to endure survival, particularly in times of hardship by steering them in the right direction in search of food.

Therefore, these female killer whales with their active leadership of the pod lead a long and fruitful life prior to their routine of conceiving babies. Their period of reproduction takes place between ages of 14 to 40, although it is usual for them to survive with a healthy life till the age of 90. The makes on the other hand, rarely can survive till 50. This recent study was published in the journal Current Biology.

The only three kinds of female species to survive even decades after menopause are us humans, short-finned pilot whales and the mighty killer whales. Study signifies the female killer whales take on the leadership position of the pod as they are no longer busy with bearing children.

Authors of the study have stated that “The value gained from the wisdom of elders can help explain why female resident killer whales and humans continue to live long after they have stopped reproducing.”

Marine mammal researchers belonging from the University of Exeter have studied the behavior of 102 killer whales surviving in the wild. The 751 hours of video captured over the duration of 9 years was assessed by the team of researchers.  It was clear from the study that the older female whales were more probable to take on leadership in the cluster of whales and direct its team for the hunt of Chinook salmon, their primary source of food. The study reports “Leadership by post reproductive-aged females is especially prominent in difficult years when salmon abundance is low. This finding is critical because salmon abundance drives both mortality and reproductive success.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 09:27AM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Female Whales gain Hilary Clinton Syndrom
Posted by: Hillbillary Clintoon ()
Date: March 07, 2015 09:27AM

Forget all that shit. I just want to be a dictator. Have I told you I'm a grandmother lately?

Re: Female Whales gain Hilary Clinton Syndrom
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: March 07, 2015 09:31AM

Hillbillary Clintoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget all that shit. I just want to be a
> dictator. Have I told you I'm a grandmother
> lately?

All your base belong to us

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.