HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Latent Libtard racism on display in HuffPo slip
Posted by: Oopsies ()
Date: January 22, 2015 08:50PM

A writer at the liberal media outlet Huffington Post falsely assumed that a black coach of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was his “basketball” coach when Gohmert referenced the man’s influence on his life in response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address.

Gohmert’s black coach, he told Breitbart News on Thursday, was not in fact a “basketball” coach—he was a football coach.

In a blaring headline across the Huffington Post Politics section website, writer Julia Craven wrote: “Louie Gohmert Wishes Obama Led Like His Black High School Basketball Coach.”

The reporter’s story was based on comments Gohmert made about Obama’s remarks about race in the State of the Union.

“He’s been so divisive on the issue of race,” Gohmert said after Obama’s speech on Tuesday night. Gohmert added, according to Craven, that after Obama’s election, the issue of race was supposed to be “behind us.”

Gohmert also said that he wished Obama had been more like a black coach of his from his childhood, who worked to unite everyone regardless of race.

“But unlike my favorite coach in high school, who happened to be black, he has been more divisive — when I had a coach that brought us together as a team like never before,” Gohmert said. “I thought this president would do that. He has divided more than united, so that’s been heartbreaking.”

The Huffington Post reporter took that comment to mean Gohmert was talking about a basketball coach. Craven, the reporter, wrote leading into Gohmert’s quote: “Gohmert expressed a wish that Obama were more like his black high school basketball coach.”

Gohmert didn’t, in fact, specify during his remarks that night which sport his black coach handled—and as it turns out, it wasn’t basketball. It was football.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Latent Libtard racism on display in HuffPo slip
Posted by: Sad, Just Sad ()
Date: January 22, 2015 09:09PM

Can you people pick a smaller nit? And your standard bearer for race relations is Louie Gohmert - one of the biggest buffoons in Congress. I guess this is what happens when you have nothing of substance to complain about.

Posted by: Grape Nehi with your watemellon? ()
Date: January 22, 2015 09:16PM

Sad, Just Sad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you people pick a smaller nit? And your
> standard bearer for race relations is Louie
> Gohmert - one of the biggest buffoons in Congress.
> I guess this is what happens when you have nothing
> of substance to complain about.

Can you explain why they automatically assumed that a black man was a basketball coach?

Posted by: Give us a break libtard ()
Date: January 22, 2015 09:22PM

Sad, Just Sad Wrote:
> Can you people pick a smaller nit? And your
> standard bearer for race relations is Louie
> Gohmert - one of the biggest buffoons in Congress.
> I guess this is what happens when you have nothing
> of substance to complain about.

Please. Had that been Fox News instead of HuffPo you'd have lit up this forum with all kinds of retarded posts about how racist and dumb they are for making such an assumption.

Posted by: Arianna H. ()
Date: January 22, 2015 09:23PM

Grape Nehi with your watemellon? Wrote:
> Sad, Just Sad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can you people pick a smaller nit? And your
> > standard bearer for race relations is Louie
> > Gohmert - one of the biggest buffoons in
> Congress.
> > I guess this is what happens when you have
> nothing
> > of substance to complain about.
>
>
> Can you explain why they automatically assumed
> that a black man was a basketball coach?

Easy, because HuffPo is the same "news" organization that gave us this gem.

ryan-reilly-twitter.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.