HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Proof that elves (elf on a shelf) move around the house
Posted by: Elf on the Shelf ()
Date: December 15, 2013 07:31AM

Proof that elves (elf on a shelf) move around the house

Now...Let me continue with ELVES ARE SNEAKY and THIS ELF IN THIS VIDEO IS SO SNEAKY IT PUT TAPE ON ITS HAT TO FOOL YOU INTO THINKING IT IS NOT REAL!!! ALSO, I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU CANNOT SEE A STRING and A STRING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE (read below)!!!

Anyway, I posted this 3 years ago because my kids were wondering how the elf on a shelf that Santa sent to our house moved during the night. They thought it looked too much like a stuffed animal to be able to get around and they were unsure how it climbed up and down from such interesting places. So I agreed to set up the tripod and the video camera and press record right before I went to bed. As this amazing footage shows, just before the tape ran out, the elf made its move (I deleted the prior 57 minutes of tape which showed the elf motionless). This is what was caught on the final three minutes of tape.

Many comments in the last three years claim this video is fake because there is tape on the elf's hat! THERE IS!!!! AND THE ELF PUT IT THERE TO THROW YOU OFF!!! I found the roll of scotch tape on the floor of the room when I woke up in the morning. However, this elf did not cover all of its tracks because assuming there was string attached to the tape, why can't you see it? Also, why can you see the ceiling of the house at the beginning and nothing above the elf holding the string attached to the tape? If there is tape, you would see something controlling the elf but YOU DON'T!!!! PLUS, how does the elf walk down the hall and then turn the corner if somebody is holding it by a string! WHERE IS THAT SOMEBODY!!! THE ELF TRIED TO KEEP YOU GUESSING, BUT WE GOT HIM!!! Unbelievers....you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!! Don't you believe in magic? The elf has fooled you and you need to get your magic back!
Attachments:
imagesLY7B060W.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proof that elves (elf on a shelf) move around the house
Posted by: Elf on the Shelf ()
Date: December 15, 2013 07:32AM

Posted by: Santa C ()
Date: December 15, 2013 08:47AM

Let me guess, your Gay and have way to much free time on your hands...

Posted by: YourGayWhat ()
Date: December 15, 2013 09:05AM

Let me guess. You have no clue about spelling and/or grammar.

Posted by: Santa C ()
Date: December 15, 2013 09:12AM

Careful cupcake grammar boy or I might unleash the full wrath of Santa's elves on your bitch ass...

Posted by: npEvL ()
Date: December 15, 2013 09:45AM

When did this Elf on Shelf shit start? I first heard of it maybe 2 or 3 years ago. But now people talk about it like it's been a tradition for ages.

Posted by: YourGayWhat ()
Date: December 15, 2013 10:12AM

Wow... And I expected "elves on you're bitch ass".

Posted by: DeMxt ()
Date: December 15, 2013 11:41AM

Damn undocumented workers.

Posted by: The Truth! ()
Date: December 15, 2013 06:03PM

npEvL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When did this Elf on Shelf shit start? I first
> heard of it maybe 2 or 3 years ago. But now people
> talk about it like it's been a tradition for ages.

Same here, and now all of a sudden this creepy thing is in our homes for Christmas. Jesus, that video gives me the willies!

Here's the answer to our question though...

The Elf on the Shelf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elf_on_the_Shelf

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition is a 2005 children's picture book, written and self-published by American author Carol Aebersold and daughter Chanda Bell and illustrated by Coë Steinwart, featuring a Christmas-themed tale, written in rhyme, that explains how Santa Claus knows who is naughty and who is nice.

On 26 November 2011, the book aired on CBS as a 30-minute animated TV show An Elf's Story: The Elf on the Shelf, directed by Chad Eikhoff.[1][2] The Washington Post panned it, saying "CBS brings all this to computer-generated life, which is, of course, barely any life at all. The animation reminds you of the kind seen in allergy-relief commercials, and yet so much tender, loving care apparently went into "The Elf on the Shelf": Hundreds of animators in India worked on it... The real failure here is that "The Elf on the Shelf's" own cynicism — at its heart, it's just a half-hour advertisement for a book and a toy — prevents it from joining the canon of prime-time animated Christmas specials that actually move the spirit."[2]

Plot:

The story dictates that the elf's main priority around the family's household is to keep watch over the children's behavior during the day and return to the North Pole overnight to report their behavior to Santa Claus, detailing any acts of obedience or misdeeds performed by a child during that particular day, returning home by the following morning. Starting from the day following Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, the elf remains with its family to ensure that they behave properly throughout the holidays. However, the top policy regarding the Elf on the Shelf is to refrain from touching the creature, as doing so could permanently erase any Christmas magic with which the elf had been bestowed upon being named by the family. It is no longer capable of fulfilling its duties of recounting the events of the day to Santa Claus, cautioning that he may or may not learn about a child's behavior should the Elf on the Shelf be stripped of its holiday enchantment. Every day, the elf's position changes, providing the family with the responsibility of locating its current perch before its departure for the year on Christmas Eve.

History

Christmas shelf elves were made in Japan since at least the late 1950s. These elves are referred to today as "knee-huggers" and are clearly marked with a 'Made in Japan' sticker.[3][unreliable source?]

The Elf on the Shelf story was created in 2004 by Carol Aebersold and daughter Chanda Bell over a cup of tea. Bell suggested they write a book about their own family tradition of an elf sent from Santa who came to watch over them at Christmas time. Aebersold's daughter, Christa Pitts, was recruited by the family to share her expertise in sales and marketing. Together, the trio devoted the next three years promoting their self-published book and attending book signings and trade shows.

The Elf on the Shelf has gone on to win numerous awards including Best Toy Award by Learning Express in 2008, 2009 and 2010 Book of the Year Award from Creative Child Awards, and National Best Books 2008 Award sponsored by USA Book News. In 2012, The Elf on the Shelf made its first appearance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade alongside fellow parade newcomers Hello Kitty and Papa Smurf.
Attachments:
IMG_0548.jpg

Posted by: npEvL ()
Date: December 15, 2013 10:18PM

The Truth! Wrote:
>
> The Elf on the Shelf story was created in 2004 by
> Carol Aebersold and daughter Chanda Bell over a
> cup of tea. Bell suggested they write a book about
> their own family tradition . . .

> History
>
> Christmas shelf elves were made in Japan since at
> least the late 1950s. These elves are referred to
> today as "knee-huggers" and are clearly marked
> with a 'Made in Japan' sticker.[3][unreliable
> source?]

Thanks for posting that. Makes sense now. We had one or two of those "Made in Occupied Japan" elf dolls growing up. And I'm used to seeing them at antique stores.

The whole "backstory" that cropped up a few years ago really had me scratching my head.

Posted by: Wow who knew!?! ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:24PM

npEvL Wrote:
> The Truth! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > The Elf on the Shelf story was created in 2004
> by
> > Carol Aebersold and daughter Chanda Bell over a
> > cup of tea. Bell suggested they write a book
> about
> > their own family tradition . . .
>
>
> > History
> >
> > Christmas shelf elves were made in Japan since
> at
> > least the late 1950s. These elves are referred
> to
> > today as "knee-huggers" and are clearly marked
> > with a 'Made in Japan' sticker.[3][unreliable
> > source?]
>
> Thanks for posting that. Makes sense now. We had
> one or two of those "Made in Occupied Japan" elf
> dolls growing up. And I'm used to seeing them at
> antique stores.
>
> The whole "backstory" that cropped up a few years
> ago really had me scratching my head.

Interesting backstory.

Posted by: NSA Elf ()
Date: December 17, 2013 06:55AM

The Truth! Wrote:
> Plot:
>
> The story dictates that the elf's main priority
> around the family's household is to keep watch
> over the children's behavior during the day and
> return to the North Pole overnight to report their
> behavior to Santa Claus, detailing any acts of
> obedience or misdeeds performed by a child during
> that particular day, returning home by the
> following morning. Starting from the day following
> Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, the elf remains
> with its family to ensure that they behave
> properly throughout the holidays. However, the top
> policy regarding the Elf on the Shelf is to
> refrain from touching the creature, as doing so
> could permanently erase any Christmas magic with
> which the elf had been bestowed upon being named
> by the family. It is no longer capable of
> fulfilling its duties of recounting the events of
> the day to Santa Claus, cautioning that he may or
> may not learn about a child's behavior should the
> Elf on the Shelf be stripped of its holiday
> enchantment. Every day, the elf's position
> changes, providing the family with the
> responsibility of locating its current perch
> before its departure for the year on Christmas
> Eve.

This is very disturbing to me. An elf that watches and reports back to Santa every night!?! Does this elf work for Santa or the NSA?
Attachments:
elf-on-the-shelf-watching-you.jpg

Posted by: hola ()
Date: November 26, 2014 03:33PM

elf on the shelf is real so prove the elf on the shelf is fake unless you have no proof

Posted by: YTmhd ()
Date: November 26, 2014 04:48PM

The elves in my house have bad gambling habits. They'd bet on things like who'd be the next to touch a certain door handle, or who would say the next word. I had to shoo them out, but not before one of them stole $50 from my secret hiding place.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.