HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Liz Cheney Quits Because Lez Cheney Beat Her Ass
Posted by: BelowMe. ()
Date: January 06, 2014 10:05AM

Liz Cheney released a statement early Monday confirming plans to end her Senate bid, Politico reported.

The announcement was first reported by CNN on Sunday evening after the cable network learned from sources that Cheney had told staff members of her intent to drop out of the primary.

The elder daughter to former Vice President Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney announced her challenge to incumbent Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) in July. Early Monday morning, she issued a statement confirming her plans to discontinue the campaign, and cited "serious health issues" in her family, Politico reported.

"As a mother and a patriot, I know that the work of defending freedom and protecting liberty must continue for each generation," Cheney stated. "Though this campaign stops today, my commitment to keep fighting with you and your families for the fundamental values that have made this nation and Wyoming great will never stop."

Cheney faced an uphill battle throughout her brief campaign, fighting off criticism for running in a state in which she hadn't lived very long and faring poorly in the few public polls conducted after her announcement.

The campaign also sparked a notable family feud when Cheney asserted she was "not pro-gay marriage." The comment offended her sister, Mary Cheney, who wed her longtime partner in Washington, D.C., last year.

"For the record, I love my sister, but she is dead wrong on the issue of marriage," Mary Cheney wrote in a Facebook post in September.

Lesbians win - Again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liz Cheney Quits Because Lez Cheney Beat Her Ass
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 06, 2014 11:53AM

Oh, the sanctity of marriage bullshit again?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 06, 2014 12:51PM

Cheney's got rejected. I heard she was losing by over 50 points.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: January 06, 2014 03:51PM

Her husband, Philip Perry of McLean, VA, had been registered to vote in two states-Virginia and Wyoming. If he voted in the VA governor race this year, it would be voter fraud because he claimed to have moved his residency to Wyoming and registered to vote there months earlier. We will see.

That being said, I heard her on Rush Limbaugh a few months back and she said she would bring "conservative leadership" to the United States Senate. What a piece of crap she is. Thank you Wyoming for not falling for this crap.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.