HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bloomberg: "I can Outspend the NRA"
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 15, 2014 07:57AM

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/2014/03/14/bloomberg-says-he-can-outspend-the-nra/

http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-and-michael-bloomberg-221417585.html

“’I will support individual senators and congressmen that vote to make my kids safer and your kids safer.’ ‘You think you can really outspend the NRA and the gun manufacturers?’ Couric asked. ‘Oh sure,’ Bloomberg responded.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bloomberg: "I can Outspend the NRA"
Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: March 15, 2014 08:01AM

Posting about politics here is stupid. Start a grass roots campaign or join your local church.
Attachments:
opfaggot3.jpg

Posted by: MayorWho? ()
Date: March 15, 2014 08:31AM

Bloomers doesn't have 5-1/2 million members.

Tony Mack of ‘Mayors Against Illegal Guns’ Removed from Office

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff

February 27, 2014 11:34 am

Mayors Against Illegal Guns member and Democratic Mayor of Trenton, N.J., Tony Mack was removed from office by a judge Wednesday, 19 days after a jury found him guilty of corruption as part of a government sting.

http://freebeacon.com/tony-mack-of-mayors-against-illegal-guns-removed-from-office/

The Washington Free Beacon recently reported that some current and former members of the group have been charged with crimes as serious as felony corruption, assault of a police officer, and child sex crimes.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/03/28/Background-Checks-Needed-For-Members-of-Bloomberg-s-Mayors-Against-Illegal-Guns

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat XXXX ()
Date: March 15, 2014 11:06AM

Bloomberg might think he can outspend the NRA, but he can't outshoot the NRA.

We should also recall last week's Florida election. People are *on* to the government. With Obamacare, they've started to wake up from their nap. They're starting to realize that the government and the media has been pulling the wool over their eyes. Even in that campaign where the *other* part outspent the winning candidate, it didn't add enough steam for the lady to win the HOR seat.

Interesting times.

Posted by: b4Xkt ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:01PM

Debbie Downer Democrat XXXX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bloomberg might think he can outspend the NRA, but
> he can't outshoot the NRA.
>
> We should also recall last week's Florida
> election. People are *on* to the government.
> With Obamacare, they've started to wake up from
> their nap. They're starting to realize that the
> government and the media has been pulling the wool
> over their eyes. Even in that campaign where the
> *other* part outspent the winning candidate, it
> didn't add enough steam for the lady to win the
> HOR seat.
>
> Interesting times.

While you are correct that the Dem in Fl's 13th race outspent her opponent 3 to 1 and they tried the Clinton-esque tatic (used by Terry McAuliffe) of running a 3rd party 'Libertarian' candidate as well, I wouldn't read too much into that Rep victory. It was pretty close in a district that had a long-serving republican who held that seat for years. What it demonstrated was that the Dem base didn't turn out as expected. Sink was up over Jolly by an average of 5 points and the Dems just didn't turn out. If that happens in the mid-terms, the Dems will lose the Senate. But this could just be an isolated case.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.