HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Democrats nonsensically declare victory over FOX by giving up with their tails between their legs
Posted by: Ed the overfed red shultz ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:30PM

Media Matters declares victory in effort to say lots of silly things about Fox News

For years, Media Matters (MMFA) has won glorious battle after glorious battle against the wicked and nefarious Fox News Channel. Why, there was the time they… um… Well, remember when they… er…

Oh, never mind. MMFA has definitively beaten FNC and everybody knows it.
Having dealt the death blow by threatening to bite Roger Ailes’ legs off, now MMFA is in the mood to celebrate. Amanda Terkel, Huff’N'Puff:

Since its founding in 2004, the progressive watchdog group Media Matters for America has been a thorn in the side of Fox News. Its dozens of staffers monitor the network’s leadership, hosts, guests and financial dealings incessantly, calling out misinformation, conflicts of interest and evidence of a partisan agenda, in a bid to shed light on the workings of the right-wing echo chamber.
But in the coming years, Fox will no longer be the center of Media Matters’ universe. That’s because the group believes it has effectively discredited the network’s desire to be seen as “fair and balanced.”

“The war on Fox is over,” said Media Matters Executive Vice President Angelo Carusone. “And it’s not just that it’s over, but it was very successful. To a large extent, we won.”

“To a large extent.”

To another, larger extent, they lost and now they’re giving up. But at least they’ve eaten into FNC’s ratings, see chart below.

Well, who cares about ratings anyway? Face facts, teabaggers: David Brock won this war and you know it. He switched sides 15 years ago because the American right wing didn’t treat him with the adulation and respect he thought he deserved. Now he’s finally gained his revenge.

Now he’s snorting in triumph.
Attachments:
shut_em_down_Dave.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Democrats nonsensically declare victory over FOX by giving up with their tails between their legs
Posted by: FOX News ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:34PM

Conservatives sure are getting desperate on making shit up these days.

Re: Democrats nonsensically declare victory over FOX by giving up with their tails between their legs
Posted by: Rachel Madcow ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:40PM

Seriously?

God you liberals really are retarded.

Here's the source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/media-matters-fox_n_4433207.html

Right from Arriana's precious, smelly cunt.

And here's the source for the cable news ratings:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/12/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-november-11-2013/215161/

I have ZERO control over those websites, so it's NOT made up.

You're just a butthurt pussy faggot all bent that you can't control EVERY fucking media outlet.

S U C K I T !!!!!!!!!!

Now go to bed and cry yourself to sleep, just like you do every night.

Posted by: Bitter Intolerance ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:41PM

Brock is SUCh a little bitch.

The perfect representative for modern proggressives.

Posted by: Ed the overfed red shultz ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:52PM

You may recall that he was so paranoid that conservative hitmen were coming to assassinate him that he forced his bodyguard (yes, he had a bodyguard) to illegally carry a handgun in the District even though he was not licensed. Relying on a gun for self defense? Tsk, Tsk David, what would all your upstanding liberal friends thing about that?

Posted by: Michele Bachmann ()
Date: December 14, 2013 12:45AM

Rachel Madcow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You're just a butthurt pussy faggot all bent that
> you can't control EVERY fucking media outlet.
>
> S U C K I T !!!!!!!!!!

Did you know if you pray to Jesus, homosexuality can be cured?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:16AM

little incompetent parrots sell out whores on Fox News complain everyday that Media Matters exists and calls them out on their shit.

A big giant news organization like Fox can't stand a website that fact checks all their shit.

It comes to show the insecurity of the liars on Fox. They know what they do. They can't stand criticism. All Republicans are like that. They're not American. They're authoritarian fascist fucks. The faster we change the modern Republican party the safer this country will be.

Posted by: MUHTt ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:21AM

Media matters is bullshit. Half the stuff that they publish is deceptive in itself in some way. If they can't criticize something they'll write the article in a way that changes the point slightly so that it appears that they are even though they don't really. Kind of like what Gerry does when he gets shot down.

Date: December 14, 2013 02:42AM

MUHTt Wrote:
> Media matters is bullshit. Half the stuff that
> they publish is deceptive in itself in some way.
> If they can't criticize something they'll write
> the article in a way that changes the point
> slightly so that it appears that they are even
> though they don't really. Kind of like what Gerry
> does when he gets shot down.

I hope you don't really drink all that alternative reality Fox feeds you.

Let me tell you a secret, Liberals don't lie because we don't have to. Republicans have to fool the masses against their own economic interests. They have to pull out all the stops. Masters of deception.

Want to know why I'm not a Republican? Because I can spot a lie a mile away. Even people in my personal life walk don't lie to me. They don't lie to me. Even when people lie to me, they know I know they're lying to me. And I'll let it pass.

When people call me and say there's traffic, I ask them what route they have taken if I don't believe them. I call people out all the time. It's what I do.

You can only imagine how disgusting your right wing propaganda network would be to a person like me.

Holding the Fox News position as the real truth and the Media Matters version of a events as an attempt to change the facts is doing yourself a great disservice.

I hope you're just evil and not that gullible. If you are that stupid I hope this statement I just wrote you wakes you up. If you aren't that stupid and just evil and thinks everyone else is stupid, stop being evil.

Why do you want more people prone to believing bullshit?

Deception is power. When you lie to someone you steal away his right to the truth. It gives them a high. They think they control minds and society with lies.

Those Fox News pundits think their unchecked Gods. Undeterred and unchecked by the peasants whom absorb their command through a play on words.

When an organization like Media Matters comes along and not only recognizes, but publicizes their every effort at deception. It really harms their ego's. They get a daily reality check don't they?

Here's a little taste. You want to see some motherfuckers lie, check this shit out. Republicans look for a reason to lie. They'll send a country off a cliff just so they can lie it off the cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqAsplabsS0

Posted by: vywvc ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:50AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> MUHTt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Media matters is bullshit. Half the stuff that
> > they publish is deceptive in itself in some way.
>
> > If they can't criticize something they'll write
> > the article in a way that changes the point
> > slightly so that it appears that they are even
> > though they don't really. Kind of like what
> Gerry
> > does when he gets shot down.
>
>
> I hope you don't really drink all that alternative
> reality Fox feeds you.
>
> Let me tell you a secret, Liberals don't lie
> because we don't have to. Republicans have to
> fool the masses against their own economic
> blah blah blah some more bullshit blah blah

I don't buy into the bullshit from either side. I'm in the fortunate position of not being a partisan idiot like you so I don't have to maintain the party line and can deal in facts and call both sides out on their crap. Which, as I said, Media Matters is full of.

Date: December 14, 2013 02:53AM

Oh and the point of Media Matters isn't to defeat Fox News. Its for truths sake. I'll give Fox News this much. They don't lie as much in the opposition. They also provide a very good check on executive power.

See, a weak president is a good thing. Keeps the presidency beholden to the people. One of the main reasons I voted for Obama is because I knew how efficient Fox News was as a propaganda organization.

It would put checks and balance back into government which it has. You may not rwmember how fascist of a government we had under Bush but I do.

Date: December 14, 2013 02:55AM

You can call me partisan if you want. But the current media propaganda structure puts more checks and balances on a Democratic President then it did a Republican president. And there's no denying that fact. No matter what these pukes like to project.

Democrats in power equals more freedom.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.