HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
More Democrat election trickery
Posted by: Brett Davenport's Dick ()
Date: December 13, 2013 01:29PM

Here we go again.

After using all kinds of underhanded tricks to steal the Gov race here in Va, Dems are now using trickery and outright lies to besmirch NJ Gov Chris Christie, three years before the 2016 election. And he hasn't even announced his candidacy. Someone in Hillary / Biden land is already scared.

C'mon Dems, even you're better than this. Right?

(CNN) - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie announced Friday the resignation of New Jersey's top Port Authority official Bill Baroni, as controversy swirls regarding allegations that politics played a role in a traffic study that closed several access lanes to the George Washington Bridge–one of the busiest in the world–in September.

Christie said Baroni accepted responsibility for not following the right protocols in approving the traffic study, which was led by a political appointee of Christie, David Wildstein. The lane closures caused major traffic delays on the bridge, which runs from Fort Lee, New Jersey, to New York City, and is part of Interstate 95.

"Mistakes are made and when mistakes are made people have to be held accountable for them," the Republican governor and potential presidential candidate said at a press conference.

The Port Authority, which is run jointly by New Jersey and New York, oversees the tunnels, bridges and seaports between the two states, as well as the metropolitan area's airports.

Port Authority officials testified before the New Jersey state legislature Tuesday that the closures were done at the direction of Wildstein and approved by Baroni. The administration said the closures were for a traffic study, but Port Authority officials said they were not aware of the study. Wildstein announced last week that he would resign over the controversy, saying the issue had become a "distraction."

Critics of the governor speculated the lane closures were an act of political retribution against the mayor of Fort Lee for not endorsing Christie in his re-election campaign this year.

Christie said Friday the political drama surrounding the issue was "created and manufactured," further characterizing it as "a whole lot of hullabaloo."

The governor said that Wildstein had been talking about doing the traffic study since the fall of 2010, long before Christie's re-election bid. He also said he didn't even know about the closure of the lanes until long after the incident occurred, and stated he's never had contact with the mayor of Fort Lee.

"I don't have any recollection of ever having met the mayor of Fort Lee in my four years," Christie said. "He was not somebody that was on my radar screen in any way–politically, professionally, or in any other way–until these stories came out in the aftermath of the closing."

With Christie being a possible frontrunner in the 2016 GOP presidential contest, national Democratic groups have made hay out of the controversy, releasing videos and websites slamming the governor over the issue.

The Democratic National Committee, for example, released a nearly two-minute web video Friday morning featuring media reports about the controversy.

But Christie said that's to be expected.

"National Democrats will make an issue about everything about me, so get used to the new world, everybody," he said. "We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy, that's the way it goes."

As the chief executive of the state, Christie conceded that he takes ultimate responsibility for both failures and successes in New Jersey.

"I am ultimately responsible for every person that I put into this government and the actions they take. That's different, obviously, than direct responsibility. But ultimate responsibility? Sure. I understand that," he said.

"When things go well, you get credit sometimes for things that you don't really deserve the compete credit for," he continued. "And when things go poorly, sometimes you get blamed for things that you don't completely deserve blame for. But that's the nature of this job, I got broad shoulders, I'm fine."

Source: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/13/another-resignation-comes-in-christie-administration-over-bridge-scandal/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Democrat election trickery
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 03:41PM

Looks like fat ass Chris Christie has some skeletons in his closet. Nice, his fat ass is out the running. That leaves Ted Cruz, he's self destructive, Rand Paul, the Jews at CNN will take care of this one and Marco Rubio, who will have a nervous break down and start choking from dry mouth.

Okay who else thats it right. I like it.

Oh yeah and then there's Paul Ryan, who as of yesterday is now officially a rino.

At least its not a contest between Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 03:50PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Posted by: Gerrymanderrer2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 04:46PM

Pah-leeze. This is a made up story, actually a lie, from national Dems to disparage someone they see as a possible contender. Now we just look for the blow back.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 05:05PM

Actually it hasn't been a hit piece. The Governor has made suspicious statements in relation to it that havent added up and it has now resulted in a resignation.

This was seriously an issue that just morphed into a potential controversial scandal. Which it seems to be.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.