HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins Franchise Boycott
Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:37AM

I am officially boycotting anything pertaining to the Redskins until at least next season. I'm tired of being abused as a loyal fan. Last year was great, we made it to the playoffs and it was an amazing year for us all. Granted, I haven't bought much except tickets to games, but I'm going to make it a point to pass this on to all my friends and relatives who are Skins fans.

Ticket sales as of Nov. 14 are down to 88.3% of the stadium. That is low considering the Redskins once had an over 300 game consecutive sellout record. Personally I don't prefer going to Redskins games all that much anymore. The reasons are the 1-2 hours of traffic each way, risking my car getting dinged up in the parking lot from overzealous or opposing teams fans, drunk obnoxious fans or opposing teams wanting to fight over stupid things (like walking by them in the row), the plastic bag policy... It's just not worth it to me anymore. I'd rather get together at a friend's house or go to a local bar and watch it. I'd be saving money and time.

Don't buy another ticket, jersey, towel, or beer glass. Not even the Papa John's toppings pizzas. Fuck it all. With the exception of last year, Redskins fans have been abused and exploited for several years now. Enough is enough. Until this team starts producing a decent record again and a steady team that makes smart decisions led by steady management, the Redskins and the NFL will not see a cent from me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 10:44AM by Rockhound.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.