HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Washington Capitals Sign Free-Agent C, Mikhail Grabovski
Posted by: Caps Jihadist ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:38PM

40 fucking years...all the people that have been through the front office who make the decisions about who is on this team and who isn't and they NEVER fucking learn. They just never do.

For the last time...RUSSIAN HOCKEY PLAYERS DO NOT PLAY FOR THE STANLEY CUP, THEY PLAY FOR THE MONEY. (And yes, I'm aware Russian players have won the Cup...)

Let's take a look at Grabovski:

Seasons: 7
Games: 367
Goals: 94
Assists: 123
PIMs: 245
Goals per Game: 0.26
Assists per Game: 0.36
Points per Game: 0.59
PIMs per game: 0.67

Playoff Games: 7
Playoff Goals: 0 (shocker...)
Assists: 2 (Whee!)
PIMs: 2

Notes from his Wikipedia page: In March, 2008, after being a healthy scratch for a game against the Phoenix Coyotes, Grabovski left the Montreal Canadiens and flew to Los Angeles to consult with his agent. The incident prompted his trade to the Toronto Maple Leafs that summer.

In January 2009, Grabovski was involved a scuffle with fellow Belarusian Sergei Kostitsyn during a game between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens. The two had been in a feud since Grabovski’s days with the Canadiens. Prior to the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, the head of the Belarusian national hockey program had to intervene in order for the two players to be able to coexist on the same team.

On February 19, 2010, Grabovski was arrested in Vancouver after getting involved in a street scuffle. He was out of the Maple Leafs lineup with a broken wrist at the time of the arrest and was in Vancouver attending the 2010 Winter Olympics. Court documents alleged that Dylan Richardson was punched in the face and knocked unconscious by Grabovski, who then assaulted Richardson's wife by also punching her in the face.

On February 9, 2013, Grabovski was accused of biting Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens during a scrum along the boards. The NHL conducted a telephone hearing with the players involved, but couldn’t determine conclusively if Grabovski had bitten Pacioretty. However, on May 20, 2013, more than three months later, Grabovski admitted that he did in fact bite Pacioretty, stating in an interview "He was choking me and I bit him. Don’t stick your hands where you shouldn’t."

On July 3, 2013, after learning that his contract was being bought out by the Toronto Maple Leafs, Grabovski was very critical of Toronto coach Randy Carlyle in an expletive-filled interview with TSN. "I play in the fucking Russian KHL, I make lots of fucking points and what’s going to happen? He make me fucking play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again", said Grabovski. "I don’t feel any support from this fucking idiot."

Um yeah...the Caps have HAD this player before. His name was Alexander Semin. The only saving grace of the Grabovski signing is that it's a one deal for $3M. So, not unlike the Semin signing with CAR where they then extended him after he produced, the Caps should proceed carefully. I don't care if the Caps win the Cup this season (and they won't) and Grabovski leads the way...at this point in his career with the shit he's done, you continue to sign him to one-year deals. If you lose him to free-agency...fine. The only way...THE ONLY WAY, you keep these fucking Russians productive is to keep them in continuously in their contract year so they have something to play for.

This was a bad signing, regardless of the contract...we can lose the Cup just fine without this mope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Capitals Sign Free-Agent C, Mikhail Grabovski
Posted by: pCVJ7 ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:48PM

Ummm... Alex Semin doesn't/didn't speak to media and especially didn't say 'Fuck'. I don't recall Semin biting anyone either. I think he has character.

Posted by: Caps Jihadist ()
Date: August 25, 2013 10:26PM

pCVJ7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ummm... Alex Semin doesn't/didn't speak to media
> and especially didn't say 'Fuck'. I don't recall
> Semin biting anyone either. I think he has
> character.

Look at the PIMs...look at the Playoff Goals...and look at the petulant behavior. Complaining about playing on the 4th line? Adam Oates is in the Hall of Fame. During his induction speech, he said, "I did anything that was asked of me. I played on the 4th line when they told me to..." Don't like the 4th line, Mikhail? Play harder, score goals and stay the fuck out of the penalty box. And when you're a healthy scratch, you don't get on plane to L.A. without the teams' permission in the middle of a road trip because you're butt0hurt about it, you pussy. Your coach puts the BEST players on the ice each night that give him the best chance to win. You don't wanna' be a healthy scratch? Play harder, score goals and stay the fuck out of the box.

This guy's gonna' be Ovechkin's new bitch. I can't wait for all the chummy stories about them hanging out at the fucking Russia House all night long drinking their beloved vodka when just an hour before they were unproductive YET AGAIN in YET ANOTHER key game that they lost.

I've played this game myself since before I could talk. I'll never win a Cup. But why is it I know more about what it takes to win one then these current Caps players?

Grabovski doesn't have character...guys with Cup rings have character.

Posted by: lolwtf2 ()
Date: August 26, 2013 01:48AM

I am very glad to see Gorbachev come out of retirement to play hockey. Not everyone can stay out of the spotlight after running things in Russia.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.