HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Winter getaway - Suggestions???
Posted by: Cold beer warm beach ()
Date: November 15, 2013 03:56PM

Looking for the usual warm beach around February , GF wants Hawaii. I am not a cheap bastard but I do not look forward to spending most of the day on a plane or in a terminal. The cost does figure in since we get more bang for the buck if we go to the Caribbean, the dollar goes further and I can be on the beach sooner.

Aruba maybe?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Winter getaway - Suggestions???
Posted by: A-hole -> () o ()
Date: November 15, 2013 04:00PM

Aruba will still take you 6hrs + Yucatan Or Jamaica is 3hrs non stop. Leave at 8AM on the beach by noon. Eazy peazy.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: November 15, 2013 04:20PM

I'm partial to Costa Rica - not as close as some of the Caribbean islands but beautiful and fairly reasonably priced. I'm not much of a resort guy and I hear most of the islands are pretty packed in.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: November 15, 2013 04:24PM

Jamaica mon.

Your dollar goes further there than anywhere else in the Carib. You have to be able to ignore National Geographic style poverty however.

Posted by: Marley man ()
Date: November 15, 2013 05:00PM

Love Cozumel. The east side of the island is almost uninhabited. A quick drive or taxi from the west side where the resorts are. A few places to stop and have a beer at a table on the edge of the ocean. Not expensive at all. No hassles except when you get to the airport and people try to sell you time shares. From the airport to the resort was maybe 15 mins.

Most resorts in Cozumel are all inclusive alcoholic drinks and food included. Been to Hawaii, you better bring lots of $$$.

Posted by: wrongg ()
Date: November 15, 2013 06:45PM

Anguilla or BVI.

Posted by: 498 ()
Date: November 15, 2013 08:41PM

Have you considered the Lamb Center in Fairfax?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.