HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A lady at work yelled at me because I mentioned I didn't like the AHCA healthcare act
Posted by: JoeSmar ()
Date: July 12, 2012 09:44PM

She raised her voice and tried to talk over me. I simply said I thought government was wasteful and their big government programs record is abysmal. She said "HOW COME ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD HAVE HEALTH CARE AND WE DON'T"? She got very angry. I told her it was my opinion and I respected her right to a different opinion.

She stormed out angry. She couldn't fathom that I could possibly disagree with her.

Truth is I am not against national health care. I don't like the way it was rammed through with no tort reform and no addressing illegals using the hospitals as day clinics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A lady at work yelled at me because I mentioned I didn't like the AHCA healthcare act
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 12, 2012 09:55PM

We don't have health care? Hmm...could've swore I drove past a hospital the other day.

Re: A lady at work yelled at me because I mentioned I didn't like the AHCA healthcare act
Date: July 12, 2012 10:00PM

The problem isn't tort reform. The problem is doctors don't make enough from managed care in general so they order a bunch of tests to bring in additional revenue to themselves and their hospitals. ObamaCare addresses some of that, but much more needs to be done to reign in those practices and the over prescribing of drugs, especially painkillers and psychotropic drugs that aren't always necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: July 12, 2012 10:23PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem isn't tort reform. The problem is
> doctors don't make enough from managed care in
> general so they order a bunch of tests to bring in
> additional revenue to themselves and their
> hospitals.

Actually I was under the impression that doctors order these tests you mention due to the potential for lawsuits if they don't due to complications. The threat of extremely damaging financial lawsuits forces them to take no risks and unreasonably raises the cost of health care in general.

That is my understanding of the situation but I respect different opinions.

Posted by: JenK ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:25PM

My friend's aunt told him she was happy her lose was his gain when he mentioned on FB he was glad it passed. I don't understand why it's so hard to let someone else have a different opinion. :/

Come November, I'm still not voting for him, but I'm not gonna yell and storm out on co-workers either.

But hey, these things happen. What can ya do?

Date: July 12, 2012 10:25PM

*sorry the threat of extremely damaging financial lawsuits FORCES THEM TO HAVE EXPENSIVE INSURANCE which raises the cost of health care.

Posted by: simple response ()
Date: July 12, 2012 11:45PM

You should have asked her if health care around the world was so great, why do people from all over the world come here for care

Posted by: 4Ward ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:36AM

She's probably just one of those 'tolerant' Progressive Dems.

Posted by: luvor ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:20AM

JoeSmar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She raised her voice and tried to talk over me. I
> simply said I thought government was wasteful and
> their big government programs record is abysmal.
> She said "HOW COME ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE
> CIVILIZED WORLD HAVE HEALTH CARE AND WE DON'T"?
> She got very angry. I told her it was my opinion
> and I respected her right to a different opinion.
>
> She stormed out angry. She couldn't fathom that I
> could possibly disagree with her.
>
> Truth is I am not against national health care. I
> don't like the way it was rammed through with no
> tort reform and no addressing illegals using the
> hospitals as day clinics.

Is she black?

Posted by: nufsaid ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:26AM

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:00AM

I can't wait until I can get my health care from the DMV.

Take a number please.

I'm sorry you filled out the wrong form for your prostate exam you need to fill
out a different form and take another number please.

Posted by: yawn ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:25AM

The ignorant arguing with the ignorant.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.