HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Maybe your kid needs a swift kick in the ass
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 24, 2011 07:10PM

I'm sitting here in my kid's martial arts class and there's this one little kid, maybe about 7 who's a total hellion. Generally, he runs wild and is pretty undisciplined. Tonight, he's pitching a fit about doing his homework - yelling screaming, grabbing his mom, throwing stuff, etc. His mom just keeps threatening him with this, with that, to no avail. She asked me if I had any his age and I said "no, mine are older". To which she replied "I have one...him. And he's too much.".

I wanted to tell her to quit with the empty threats and smack the shit out of him one good time. That'd probably get his ass in line real fast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maybe your kid needs a swift kick in the ass
Posted by: I feel bad for the mom ()
Date: October 24, 2011 07:24PM

Seven is a little young to do an after school activity for a lot of boys. Most boys do not really mature till nine or ten.

I hope she can get him the help he needs if she can't control him. I feel sorry for the mom and the child.

Posted by: jbalo ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:28PM

Warhawk, I agree.

Not that I'd literally smack the shit out of my kids but I'd certainly give only one warning and then we'd be out of there. Lazy parents try to negotiate with their kids. This is the generation of kids getting awards for standing in line the best, there are no failures and 4 year olds who don't feel like getting dressed show up to playdates naked. They all grow up to protest big business and the Man and cry when someone doesn't praise their half-ass effort.

I detest nothing more than parents who raise these future failures.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: October 25, 2011 12:01AM

jbalo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warhawk, I agree.
>
> Not that I'd literally smack the shit out of my
> kids but I'd certainly give only one warning and
> then we'd be out of there. Lazy parents try to
> negotiate with their kids. This is the generation
> of kids getting awards for standing in line the
> best, there are no failures and 4 year olds who
> don't feel like getting dressed show up to
> playdates naked. They all grow up to protest big
> business and the Man and cry when someone doesn't
> praise their half-ass effort.
>
> I detest nothing more than parents who raise these
> future failures.

what the F. You cannot be serious. Are you really that republican.

tort reforms make big business bigger and you and me smaller. jbalo, when you get hit by a truck you will realize that "you" ARE one of "those people" who just want to get something for nothing and "clog up the court system". What about mandatory arbitration, jbalo?

the Joe Six-Pack "bah, these kids today! Everybody on the team gets a trophy....bah!" thing is very good for big business and people who want to take stuff from you without you realizing anything's been taken. Who is going to speak out AGAINST personal responsibility? That's the line we all tow, whether we mean it or not. Banks and corporations know that. That's why they get away with what they get away with.....people expect us all to play by the rules, because it's the moral, personal responsibility, backlash against the "everybody on the soccer team gets a trophy" mentality you're talking about. You don't realize that the bank is not playing by those rules; they'll do absolutely anything to get over on you, and they're using your own moral code of "be a man, take responsibility, don't default on a loan, don't walk away from your house, it's the wrong thing to do, it's unamerican" against your own ass. To speak up and say "no, I don't have to 'take it like a man', I don't have to just let the world do it to me, it's not a question of being a bum and wanting some shit for free" is to open yourself up to the kind of ridicule I know will follow this post. Like those idiots in occupy wall street (idiots because they lack any ability to express themselves), you will get called a leech and a bum and one of those 'kids' who grew up never hearing the word 'no' and that's why your grievances are dismissed as liberal hippy bullshit. This is the weapon they're using. Your own sense of shame. Guess what? They have no shame. Why are you playing the game straight when you know damn well they're cheating? Get what I'm saying? The whole thing of babying children into adulthood and not teaching discipline is of course valid. But that is the mindset powers and institutions beyond all our control count on you falling into, cause when you're on the side of personal responsibility (as good a thing as that is), it's not difficult work for them to play on those good intentions and get you to think in their favor. Hence, tort reform. And everything else that relates to it.

I know tort reform didn't even have anything to do with this thread, but in a way it kind of does, and also because you and I have talked about that. I'm talking to YOU, jbalo. Who you gonna go to when YOU get sick, need an operation, your surgeon fucks some shit up, leaves a sponge or a protractor or a retractor inside your small intestine, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it because YOU, as a doctor who is on the line for such a hypothetical thing yourself, supported tort reform? I think you'll be a little miffed. Oh, the irony.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: October 25, 2011 12:03AM

jbalo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
They all grow up to protest big
> business and the Man and cry when someone doesn't
> praise their half-ass effort.
>

that's what got me writing that, by the way. I think that's bullshit, jbalo. Those idiots in occupy wall street have a lot to be pissed about, even if they are idiots. It's not a "these kids today" thing. It's a "we're all getting fucked by institutions bigger than us" thing.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.