HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Welcome to the New Teabag Economy
Posted by: Lipton ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:33PM

Republicans havent made the right decision on the economy, defense or anything else in almost 20 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Welcome to the New Teabag Economy
Posted by: Torture ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:35PM

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) announced Thursday that lawmakers have reached a deal to end the partial shutdown of the Federal Aviation Administration, which has left tens of thousands of workers without paychecks for nearly two weeks.
OMG Im sure this is worse then water boarding. Republican torture!

"I am pleased to announce that we have been able to broker a bipartisan compromise between the House and the Senate to put 74,000 transportation and construction workers back to work," Reid said in a statement.

"This agreement does not resolve the important differences that still remain. But I believe we should keep Americans working while Congress settles its differences, and this agreement will do exactly that."

Lawmakers essentially agreed to a clean reauthorization of FAA funding, which is what Democrats have been pushing for. But the deal only extends through mid-September, which means the handful of GOP provisions that have stalled progress on a longer-term reauthorization will be on the front burner when Congress returns next month.

Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:35PM

Damn that republican Barack Obama and his damn republican senate with those right wing loonies Reid and Pelosi! Damn them all to hell!

Posted by: Maurice ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:53PM

http://youtu.be/q2nK1sskUG4 He's as gay as they cum.

Posted by: Please Tell Me ()
Date: August 04, 2011 10:43PM

Please tell me how the Democrats are improving our Defense by cutting 10% out of the budget for each of the next 3 years?

I'm awaiting your answer.

It's sad that our defense budgets and getting pounded, yet the social programs remain fully funded to give hand-outs to the thugs who refuse to earn an honest living.

Give it some thought, you'll realize that your Liberal-minded thinking might be off a few degrees.

Posted by: No real cuts ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:33PM

Procurement, military personnel, and operation and maintenance (O&M) accounts
all increase at inflation-adjusted rates of 9.8 percent, 2.4 percent, and 1.9 percent, respectively, above the levels enacted in FY 2011.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:49PM

Please Tell Me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please tell me how the Democrats are improving our
> Defense by cutting 10% out of the budget for each
> of the next 3 years?
>
> I'm awaiting your answer.
>
> It's sad that our defense budgets and getting
> pounded, yet the social programs remain fully
> funded to give hand-outs to the thugs who refuse
> to earn an honest living.
>
> Give it some thought, you'll realize that your
> Liberal-minded thinking might be off a few
> degrees.

Why do we need to spend so much on the military? Why are we world police?

The military is where we should be making the deepest cuts,,,we need roads in this country, we don't need to build roads in Iraq and Afghanistan,,,

Over 700 bases in over a hundred countries,,,need to close 'em

Need to bring our soldiers home and deploy them on the Southern border,,,
Mexico needs help more than these desert waste lands in the middle east,,

I'm sure the Russians and Chinese appreciate our military protecting their businesses there gettin all the oil though,,,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 12:24AM by Hatemotor.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: August 05, 2011 12:06AM

The economy was already slowing down into recession before the debt limit roadblock by the Teabaggers. Many more things are contributing to a slowing economy.

1. 1st qtr GDP was downgraded to 0.4%.
2. Price of gasoline exceeded the $3.50/gal threshold that tripped up spending in 2008.
3. China's two-year $500bn stimulus ended on 12/31/10.
4. The $880bn 2009 Obama stimulus ended on 12/31/10.
5. The new stimulus passed in December included the Bush tax cuts. Excluding the old tax cuts, the stimulus was about a third smaller than in 2009.
6. Cutbacks in spending in Europe due to debt problems.
7. A number of large economies, such as Japan and UK, are in recession.
8. Most of the world tightening credit and raising interest rates because of inflation.

Posted by: Why ()
Date: August 05, 2011 03:29PM

You buy a house to live in. It is also probably the largest single investment you will ever make. Now if you sell that house at a loss you get no deduction on your income taxes.

Now if you rich enough to buy 2 houses and rent one of them out and you subsequently sell the rental house at a loss you get write that loss of and Uncle Sam will pay up tp 35% of that loss.

Why is that? Why is it the rich with enough excess money to invest in rental property get a break while people underweater in their prime house cant?

Why? Because rich men..."job creators" write the tax laws.

Posted by: the Offense Dept ()
Date: August 05, 2011 03:33PM

Please Tell Me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please tell me how the Democrats are improving our
> Defense by cutting 10% out of the budget for each
> of the next 3 years?
>
> I'm awaiting your answer.
>
> It's sad that our defense budgets and getting
> pounded, yet the social programs remain fully
> funded to give hand-outs to the thugs who refuse
> to earn an honest living.
>
> Give it some thought, you'll realize that your
> Liberal-minded thinking might be off a few
> degrees.

I dont give a shit if defense gets pounded. We spend more on defense then the next 50 countries do in total. We arent buying "defense", we are buying a war machine. And you lie when you say social programs arent getting hit. They are by a re far greated percentage then DoD.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: August 05, 2011 03:50PM

It is amusing how the roots of the problem will never be addressed because the ones causing the problems are powerful.

Medical costs are a good place to start. The American Medical Association has a de-facto oligopoly in the practice of medicine in this country. No one wants to fix that because the AMA wields power - the ruling party tossed them something like $300B over the next 10 years with the medical services bill.

Education costs are driven up by the antics of the Dept. of Education. No one will touch that because accreditations are expensive and need to be recouped.

Finally, the odious military-industrial complex. Need I say more?

Deregulating those two spaces alone to allow free markets to function would do wonders.

Posted by: MongoLloyd ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:45AM

Here lies the benefits of being an old fart. I REMEMBER the rhetoric that swept the Reagan Revolution into power. I REMEMBER how the Teabag Economy was being sold as Trickle Down, Supply Side, and Free Markets, and how so many bought into it. Me included. Fuck the poor and the unions. Stop taxing me to give food stamps to deadbeats. LET THE CORPORATIONS RAPE US SO WE MAY GIVE BIRTH TO THE CAPITALIST'S PARADISE. It's what we thought we wanted and now we're getting it. I woke up in 1994 during the NAFTA debates but, there are people who will NEVER wake up.

Everything we are suffering under now is what WE VOTED FOR back in 1980! Behind the Reagan Revolution was the Bush Crime Family and assorted enforcers in the Democrat party. That's right, the Democrats enforce the Bush Crime Family's agenda which uses the selfish rhetoric of the Reagan Revolution as cover.

It's all about privatizing power and aggregating all public wealth into private hands. It's all about convincing YOU to commit suicide and feel like you're being patriotic and conservative as you strangle to death. Die for the bankers. Die for lies. Die for believing cheap slogans about taking the property of "achievers" and giving it to welfare queens and deadbeats. Yeah, yeah, regurgitate the hype and lies while you die in serfdom.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.