HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Weird Incident at AZ Shooting Site-"We Are the Ones We've Been Waiting For"
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 02, 2011 08:11AM

Summary-

A wacky sociology teacher creates a huge disruption at Januarys AZ shooting site. Chants "We are the ones we have been waiting for" (an Obama quote) and acting bizarre in general. Bizarre enough to get a trespass case and a free ride in a paddy wagon.

I've always said that teachers are some of the most unqualified and unbalanced people around. This guy looks really fucking immature and irresponsible and I can only guess what kind of propagandic filth he spews to the stupid and impressionable little fuckers in his classroom.

He will probably get costly mental health counseling on the satate or cities dime.

We're doing this for the chil-DREN!!!

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - An instructor at the same college campus where Jared Lee Loughner went to school has been arrested after a bizarre incident at the site of the murders that Loughner is accused of committing.

According to a Pima County Sheriff's Department incident report, at about 4:30 PM on Friday February 25, a man plopped down in front of the Safeway on Oracle Road and began chanting. It was the same parking lot where a deranged gunman opened fire on January 8, killing 6 people and wounding 13 others.

Shortly after the man began chanting, a manager came out and asked him to leave. According to the report, the man responded by chanting more loudly. The manager then called deputies to come handle it.

The report states that when the first deputy arrived he found a man clad in a tank top, jeans and socks sitting in front of the store in a "yoga position" and wearing white earphones. He was chanting over and over again, "We are the ones you have been waiting for," and occasionally throwing in, "We are the chosen ones."

The deputy asked him to stop. The man did stop just long enough to say, "Freedom of religion," and then added, "freedom of speech," before resuming his chants. After that, the deputy wrote, the chanting man "did not acknowledge my existence and did not move."

The deputy noted that at this point the man "was definitely causing a disruption," with all the people coming in and out of the store, including children, taking notice.

The deputy called for backup. When the second deputy arrived, the two of them cuffed the man, who initially resisted arrest by struggling to prevent deputies from moving his hands. Then, according to the report, when the arresting deputies got him to the patrol car the man "began to rant and rave about the individuals who were killed at the Safeway, advising, 'we are the ones you have been waiting for.'"

The report does not indicate precisely what he said about the shooting victims, but notes that eventually he calmed down and said, "this is not about you" in a tone of voice that the deputy described as "calm and understanding."

Deputies identified the man as Brian Hewlett. According to his résumé posted on a University of Arizona website, Hewlett holds a doctorate in Sociology from the U of A. The Pima Community College on-line employee directory lists him as a sociology instructor at the college's Downtown and Northwest campuses.

Mass shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner attended class at Pima's Northwest campus. Hewlett's résumé indicates that he taught "Introduction to Sociology" for PCC during the same period of time in which Loughner took that course. Whether Hewlett was Loughner's sociology instructor is not indicated on the public files that PCC has released.

As 9 On Your Side has reported, "Freedom of speech" was the defense Loughner repeatly used with police and administrators after his classroom disruptions at the college. But whether Hewlett was deliberately trying to draw a parallel to those earlier incidents is not known. When contacted by phone Tuesday afternoon, Hewlett refused to say whether he taught Loughner, and declined to discuss what happened or his motivation for the incident. He indicated that KGUN9 News would hear later from his publicist.

Hewlett has a website containing his academic credentials, articles, various philosophy statements, video clips from some of his lectures and so on. On his home page, he describes himself as a "social scientist and edutainer." Shortly after KGUN9 News contacted him, his home page disappeared and was replaced with a notice implying that the site was under construction.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 08:35AM by WingNut.

Attachments:
14167174_BG1hewlett.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weird Incident at AZ Shooting Site-"We Are the Ones We've Been Waiting For"
Date: March 02, 2011 08:19AM

Great example of an overeducated and undersmart civil servant wasting the time and money of students parents.

The ding dong teacher invites some skank from HBO Real Sex to talk a bunch of sexual stuff that these young dummies probably find really edgy.

We're doing this for the chil-DREN!

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:09AM

It's not that teachers are really unbalanced, it's just too many college professors are that way. I've run into numerous whacked out professors over the years, so it unfortunately doesn't surprise me in this case. I had a bad K-12 FCPS teacher here and there, but overall they were really good. College is really something else, though.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:13AM

I suspect drugs were involved. Sounds like the dude was stoned out of his mind.

Posted by: YES WE CAN ! ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:18AM

THIS NUT BAG CHOSE AN OBAMA BRAINWASHING MANTRA TO CHANT.
HOW CONVENIENTLY APPROPRIATE.

Posted by: wodahS ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:26AM

'Shadow' wrote :
-------------------------------
> "I suspect drugs were involved."

NOPE, JUST ANOTHER CRAZY LIBERAL, ACTING THE PART.

> "Sounds like the dude was stoned out of his mind."

WOW, MARIJUANA MUST BE A REALLY DANGEROUS DRUG TO MAKE PEOPLE
ACT LIKE THIS IDIOT.

IS THERE ANY LINKS OR DATA YOU CAN PROVIDE TO SHOW A CREDIBLE
CONNECTION BETWEEN HOW THIS GUY WAS ACTING, AND MARIJUANA USE ?

DIDN'T THINK SO.

Date: March 02, 2011 09:32AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great example of an overeducated and undersmart
> civil servant wasting the time and money of
> students parents.
>
> The ding dong teacher invites some skank from HBO
> Real Sex to talk a bunch of sexual stuff that
> these young dummies probably find really edgy.
>
>
> We're doing this for the chil-DREN!
>
>
>
>
>

I doubt this class was required. Unfortunately many colleges, not just public community colleges, put shit like this out there because students will pay for it, which supplements the income of instructors. I'm sure Liberty University has all kinds of worthless shit to offer its students.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: SDS ()
Date: March 02, 2011 10:51AM

Imagine the dumbass teacher that is the sponsor/advisor to this bunch of misinformed HS students --

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/517669.html

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 02, 2011 10:55AM

SDS Wrote:
> Imagine the dumbass teacher that is the
> sponsor/advisor to this bunch of misinformed HS
> students --
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/517
> 669.html

You beat me to it.

SDS IS THE ONES WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!-

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 02, 2011 07:45PM

wodahS Wrote:
> 'Shadow' wrote :
> -------------------------------
> > "I suspect drugs were involved."
>
> NOPE, JUST ANOTHER CRAZY LIBERAL, ACTING THE
> PART.
>
> > "Sounds like the dude was stoned out of his
> mind."
>
> WOW, MARIJUANA MUST BE A REALLY DANGEROUS DRUG TO
> MAKE PEOPLE
> ACT LIKE THIS IDIOT.
>
> IS THERE ANY LINKS OR DATA YOU CAN PROVIDE TO SHOW
> A CREDIBLE
> CONNECTION BETWEEN HOW THIS GUY WAS ACTING, AND
> MARIJUANA USE ?
>
> DIDN'T THINK SO.

Pardon me, wasn't specifically referring to pot. Drugs in general, perhaps crack, ecstasy, heroin, my apologies for casting a disparaging light on marijuana. That was never my intention.

And would you mind not yelling? Thank you.

Date: March 02, 2011 08:31PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
I'm sure Liberty University has all
kinds of worthless shit to offer its students.

Liberty Unbiversity is for nutcases and it is a PRIVATE university.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.