HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Grand Prix Of Baltimore
Posted by: RaceCar ()
Date: August 26, 2013 09:48AM

I've never been to a race before, I don't have any plans for this weekend, so i might give this a try. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on viewing, parking, ect. Baltimore seeems to be a clusterfuck on a normal day, so i'm sure it's going to be a mess this weekend.

Do i really need a ticket? Parking? Anything would be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grand Prix Of Baltimore
Posted by: happy monday ()
Date: August 26, 2013 10:21AM

the week just began and you already know you have no plans for this weekend?

hahahahahah...wow

Posted by: Leadfoot ()
Date: August 26, 2013 10:27AM

Why go to Baltimore when you can participate in the Beltway 500 or the I-66 Grand Prix?

Posted by: 40 Year Race Fan ()
Date: August 26, 2013 03:30PM

I've been to every major race track on the planet in the last 40 years for nearly every kind of discipline out there except drag racing or motorcycles. Indy for both the 400 and 500...Daytona...LeMans...Monaco...Spa...The Nurburgring...Watkins Glen...Monza...you name it, I've been there.

Street road courses (as opposed to purpose built circuits) suck. They suck for fans and they suck for the drivers. Even Monaco now has been overpowered by modern racing technology for the better part of 20 years. Street road courses are not smooth enough to provide a reliable racing surface. Oh sure, the Baltimore DPW will be out there patching shit up this week preparing for the race, but the surface is not smooth enough for race cars and you'll see this cause the cars to hop around a lot particularly under hard breaking approaching a corner. Some say this unpredictability makes street road courses exciting but, it's just dumb and unsafe.

For the spectators...you will NOT be able to see the entire circuit unless you are watching the race from an airborne vehicle like a chopper, blimp, hot air balloon, etc. Yes, the promoters put up video screens but you won't catch all the action. Try to purchase a seat that's in one of the aforementioned braking zones coming off a long straight approaching a sharp corner. This is where most of the passing and action will take place. Sitting on the start/finish line is nice if you're looking to plow some cougar but, the cars are coming by you under full throttle and that shit gets old after 2 laps because nothing is really happening. I recommend renting a scanner and noise cancelling headphones so you can follow the action. The scanner lets you listen to each car/team's communications and there's also a channel with the radio play-by-play. If you do not rent a scanner and headphones be sure to take and wear at least ear plugs. Even at a race without buildings around it reflecting the noise, I wear ear plugs so I can't imagine the levels in downtown Baltimore.

If you have never been to a race and you can get over the ridiculous traffic and the crowds of smelly fans then you may enjoy yourself but, I wouldn't let your experience at the Baltimore GP color your overall opinion of attending a live auto-race.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: August 26, 2013 04:27PM

Agree with above. Street courses suck. You either buy a seat in the stands and see just that area, or you try to wander around and see nothing.

I've been to LeMans and Sebring and those are great places to see a race.

Posted by: Ceeloh ()
Date: August 29, 2013 01:51PM

So the cars are careening down the highway and there was a man who was driving his car just too fast and something malfunctioned in his vehicle and it started to spin out of control. As the other cars around him were sent careening and his passenger went flying. The other cars, which were sent careening into bystanders crashed out; the EMT was loading him into the ambulance, he said to him, ”Five people died in this accident today, who do you think you are, a pro-racing driver from the Baltimore Grand Prix?
With Sarcasm of course, sadly

Posted by: done deal ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:37PM

Sounds like a good time, was going to go this year but
The only problem is with the violent Baltimore savage negro's. They ruin a nice family peaceful event.

Posted by: Wayne Careening ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:41PM

Ceeloh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the cars are careening down the highway and
> there was a man who was driving his car just too
> fast and something malfunctioned in his vehicle
> and it started to spin out of control. As the
> other cars around him were sent careening and his
> passenger went flying. The other cars, which were
> sent careening into bystanders crashed out; the
> EMT was loading him into the ambulance, he said to
> him, ”Five people died in this accident today,
> who do you think you are, a pro-racing driver
> from the Baltimore Grand Prix?
> With Sarcasm of course, sadly

That is a lot of careening.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:45PM

Careen tangerine and Montelimar
A ginger sling with a pineapple heart

Posted by: Baltimoron ()
Date: August 29, 2013 03:17PM

done deal Wrote:
> Sounds like a good time, was going to go this year
> but
> The only problem is with the violent Baltimore
> savage negro's. They ruin a nice family peaceful
> event.

Niggers don't like motorsports...they won't be a problem.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: August 29, 2013 03:32PM

Baltimoron Wrote:
> >
> Niggers don't like motorsports...they won't be a
> problem.

No, but they like out of towners carrying cash!

Posted by: Around the corner ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:00PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Baltimoron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > Niggers don't like motorsports...they won't be
> a
> > problem.
>
> No, but they like out of towners carrying cash!

Yes, those shifty savages are planning to roll some unsuspecting white race fans. You know damn well it's going to happen, It happens all of the time when nothing is going on.
hell, Baltimore is a great adrenaline rush, you never know what corner you will turn to be mugged by some savage negro.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.