HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
George Washington Verses The Tea Party!
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: August 01, 2010 02:31PM

So, the Post runs a piece on Tea Partiers flocking to Colonial Williamsburg to talk to our founding fathers. It is disturbing they would actually believe George Washington is in Williamsburg in 2010, but that's a different issue.

So, the historically challenged, Glenn Beck loving bumpkins seek advice from someone they believe to be our first President, and get information they don't want to hear;

From the piece in today's paper

"When a tourist asked George Washington a question about what should be done to those colonists who remain loyal to the tyrannical British king, Washington interjected; 'I hope that we're all loyal, sir' -- a reminder that Washington, far from being an early agitator against the throne, was among those who sought to avoid revolution until the very end."

And this gem

And when another asked whether the Boston Tea Party had helped rally the patriots, Washington disagreed with force: The tea party "should never have occurred," he said. "It's hurt our cause, sir."

These dopes are very entertaining!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: George Washington Verses The Tea Party!
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 01, 2010 03:39PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> And when another asked whether the Boston Tea
> Party had helped rally the patriots

They also probably don't understand that the Boston Tea Party wasn't a protest against taxes. It was a protest against a tax cut for a huge corporation, the British East India Company.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:19PM

Are we taking things out of context again? I thought liberals don't do that type of stuff. Or is this like how it is okay to be a racist liberal minority?
Also Meeper. There were no 'corporations' in the sense of todays corporate entities, and you're assertion is incorrect anyways because a tax cut for one might have been assumed to raise taxes for the rest hence the rebellion.

But I will tell you what is funny; pansyass liberal pukes -that think retarded shit like this thread is funny. That's what's funny : )

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:21PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > And when another asked whether the Boston Tea
> > Party had helped rally the patriots
>
> They also probably don't understand that the
> Boston Tea Party wasn't a protest against taxes.
> It was a protest against a tax cut for a huge
> corporation, the British East India Company.

"Taxation without representation is tyrany". They do not understand what this means either.

Date: August 01, 2010 05:25PM

What's DC then? A tyrannist state?

==================================================================================

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:06PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> > FUNdamental Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> > > And when another asked whether the Boston Tea
> > > Party had helped rally the patriots
> >
> > They also probably don't understand that the
> > Boston Tea Party wasn't a protest against taxes.
>
> > It was a protest against a tax cut for a huge
> > corporation, the British East India Company.
>
>
> "Taxation without representation is tyrany". They
> do not understand what this means either.

Are you making some jab at the issue regarding a vote in D.C.? If so, then you need to hone up on your history.

As for Williamsburg, VA and George Washington's response, any idiot should take note of the Union Jack overflying the Capitol. Colonial Williamsburg represents the time period leading up to when we first declared independence, and therefore we were officially still loyal to the crown at that point.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Kacist ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:11PM

The real Tea Party movement was started in the early 2000's and it was about the American People, both Republican and Democrats, waking up to the fact that BOTH parties have been taken over by global corporate interests.

Unfortunately the Tea Party movement has been hijacked by the Republican Party with the help of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. With their help, they have made it a left/right issue.

The best way to control opposition, is to lead it.
And that is exactly what the establishment has done with this Tea Party.
The puppet masters saw that people were waking up, so they paid Glenn Beck $50 million dollars to LEAD it. To contaminate it. To make it left/right.

So now instead of the entire country coming together, and awakening to the fact that both parties are controlled by the same special interests......we have a "Right Wing Tea Party"

Where were these Tea Party people when Bush was shitting on the constitution for 8 years? AND Where have all the anti war people gone, now that Obama is president?

Nothing has changed in this country, except for the quarterback.

Obama has left off right where Bush left off, even escalating and expanding Bush Era Policy, YET people who identify themselves as democrats LOVE BARACK. ----At the same time, people who identify themselves as being republicans are ALL OF A SUDDEN starting to bitch about BIG government.

I guess conservatives are okay with big government just as long as their party is doing it, and liberals are okay with war/patriot act just as long as their party is doing it.

Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:44PM

Kacist Wrote:
>
> Where were these Tea Party people when Bush was
> shitting on the constitution for 8 years? AND

Excellent question.

>
>
> Obama has left off right where Bush left off, even
> escalating and expanding Bush Era Policy, YET
> people who identify themselves as democrats LOVE
> BARACK. ----At the same time, people who identify
> themselves as being republicans are ALL OF A
> SUDDEN starting to bitch about BIG government.

Well, Obama actually takes quite a bit of heat from the left. There are many progressives who would have preferred a quicker end to the Iraq war, no escalation in Afghanistan, and a more agressive push for single-payer health care. Personally, I think incremental change is preferable to radical zig-zagging in policy. We can't remake the United States every time the White House changes hands--instead we nudge things in one direction or the other. In spite of all the hand wringing and shrill rhetoric from the right, that is what is happening now--not some radical agenda being "shoved down people's throats."

> I guess conservatives are okay with big government
> just as long as their party is doing it, and
> liberals are okay with war/patriot act just as
> long as their party is doing it.

I'm confident Obama won't be starting any new wars and that he will do his best to extract ourselves from existing conflicts as quickly as can be done without jeopardizing our national security. That's not "okay with war" it just means I recognize the reality we are in. I'm quite sure Obama would not have started the war with Iraq.

You are right about GOP hypocrisy. Look at their latest hot issue--the "mosque" near ground zero. The party that has been arguing for years about religious freedom and the evils of eminent domain suddenly believe the government should interfere with a private project to establish a religious center.

Date: August 01, 2010 07:48PM

That's your example of GOP hypocrisy? Yeah right, they want to tear a historical building down and rebuild it. Also I'm sure there is no high muslim population in that zipcode, so why choose a site that OFFENDS people?

Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: August 01, 2010 08:12PM

Oh, please. I have many examples, but I do have a life to live. That's just the latest...

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> That's your example of GOP hypocrisy? Yeah right,
> they want to tear a historical building down and
> rebuild it. Also I'm sure there is no high muslim
> population in that zipcode, so why choose a site
> that OFFENDS people?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.