HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
It's that time of year again...
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:02PM

...to pretend we care about a bunch of silly 'games' that nobody gives a shit about the other 730 days between Summer and Winter Olympics. Oohh....the biathlon...oohh...it's the luge...IT'S THE LUGE, EVERYBODY! EVERYBODY GATHER 'ROUND TO WATCH THE LUGE! It seems like every time I turn around, we're back at the effing Olympics. Am I STARK RAVING MAD, or wasn't it just, like, yesterday that everyone was pretending to care about that bullet-headed little oaf...whatsis' name...the swimmer...you know who I'm talking about. He went on SNL and was the worst host since Robert De Niro. Honestly, I can't remember his name. Johnny something, maybe. John Phelps? Was that it?

Anyway. The Olympics. Contrived human interest stories and tired nationalism...and the worst part is, it's not even the Summer games. At least they have women's beach volleyball in the Summer. Nobody cares about these 'games'...and they really are just 'games'...I look at someone who dedicates his life to the bobsled the same way I'd look at a fat 13-year old who tells his father he wants to be a magician...it's like, "what?....o-kay...have fun with that..." In other words, I'm not impressed. Your athletic niche is soooooooo niche-y that I find it hard to believe anybody genuinely gives a shit. I understand real sports somewhat, because there's history and existing fan bases, but these events are just oddball things that come and go and NOBODY really cares.

I don't know how I'm gonna make it through these next couple weeks. It's gonna be rough.
'Did you hear about Johnny Johnson?'
'No, who is he?'
'He won 10 gold medals in curling'.
'Oh, really? Awesome!'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's that time of year again...
Posted by: Mr Captcha ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:19PM

Just don't watch NBC for two weeks and you'll be fine. Hell, nobody watches NBC the other 351 days of the year, why should these 14 be any different?

Or would you rather go back to talking non-stop about how Conan got ass raped and Jay Leno sucks and that some kid floated away in a balloon because his mom had 12 kids at one time and now they're divorcing on TV and suing each other after building shitty bikes.

The more I think of it, the more I like the contrived human interest stories from the Olympics. At least most of the people they're talking about are somewhat worth talking about.

Posted by: Miss Cap ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:40PM

Hey Mis,
If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Do something you enjoy, like knob gobbling.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:53PM

Miss Cap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Mis,
> If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Do
> something you enjoy, like knob gobbling.

Mr. Yuk does not approve of your post.
Attachments:
mr-yuk.gif

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:59PM

I wondered how long it would take before this got turned back around to knob gobbling. So what if I like gobbling knobs? What business is it of yours? Maybe I'll gobble YOUR knob. How would you like that?

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: February 15, 2010 01:20PM

d

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 06:49AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:22PM

And by "maturation", ink-tard means yearning for the good old days of fisting High School girls.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:27PM

s

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 06:24AM by inkahootz.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.