HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Scat Brown to GOP: Don't Count On My Vote
Date: January 28, 2010 05:23PM

BOSTON – Scott Brown says he has already told Senate Republican leaders they won't always be able to count on his vote.

The man who staged an upset in last week's Massachusetts Senate special election, in part by pledging to be the 41st GOP vote against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, told The Associated Press in an interview Thursday that he staked his claim in early conversations with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Whip Jon Kyl.

"I already told them, you know, `I got here with the help of a close group of friends and very little help from anyone down there, so there'll be issues when I'll be with you and there are issues when I won't be with you,'" Brown said Thursday during the half-hour interview. "So, I just need to look at each vote and then make a proper analysis and then decide."

Asked how McConnell and Kyl responded, Brown said, "They understood. They said, `You can probably do whatever you want, Scott. And, so, just let us know where your head's at, and we'll talk it through, and just keep us posted.'"

The senator-elect did not elaborate on possible breaking points, though the Washington newcomer dismissed any suggestion he will relent once he starts working in the highly partisan capital.

"That's not pressure; pressure is what I'm going through right now," said Brown. He cited his efforts to complete a transition in 2 1/2 weeks, compared with the normal 2 1/2 months for regularly elected senators, while preparing to surrender his responsibilities as a state senator, become a Beltway commuter and resume his triathlon training.

He started Thursday with a one-hour bike ride and 1,500-meter swim.

"I'm trying to do it very well and be balanced and still get my workouts in," said Brown. "There's nothing wrong with having good conversation and debating. We do it here in our own caucus, at a smaller level. ... It's just a different building, really."

Brown also said he hopes to use his newfound celebrity to achieve one personal goal: meet cyclist Lance Armstrong.

"I would love to go on a bike ride with Lance Armstrong, just for those few hours, just like to say hi, just to like hug him," said Brown.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey Scat,

Are you there? What's up with this "loving and hugging Lance Armstrong" stuff? Please explain to the American people.

Pat Buchananly,
Bobbie Fran(R)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scat Brown to GOP: Don't Count On My Vote
Posted by: Scat Brown(R) ()
Date: January 28, 2010 05:35PM

Brown also said he hopes to use his newfound celebrity to achieve one personal goal: meet cyclist Lance Armstrong.

"I would love to go on a bike ride with Lance Armstrong, just for those few hours, just like to say hi, just to like hug him," said Brown.

-------------------------------------

Bobbie Fran,

Whoa! I can't believe they printed that!

Let me put it into context. What I really said was: "I would love to go on a bike ride with Lance Armstrong, just for those few hours, just like to say hi, just to like hug him [while we ride on a tandem bike in Provincetown, like with Lance on the front and like me on the back."

I hope that clears it up.

Boehnerly,
Scat Brown(R)

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 28, 2010 05:51PM

Dude gets elected to office, and he hopes that he gets a chance to hug Lance Armstrong because of it?

Fuck this guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Scat Brown(R) ()
Date: February 01, 2010 12:38PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Fuck this guy.

-------------------------------

Mr. Mephisto,

That's what I'm hoping for.

Openly,
Scat Brown(R)

Date: February 01, 2010 12:51PM

hunk.jpgBrown also said he hopes to use his newfound celebrity to achieve one personal goal: meet cyclist Lance Armstrong.

Seems to me like the writing is on the wall regarding this guy's sexual orientation. Is the GOP going to be shocked at this when he's caught with "a wide stance" in some public restroom?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.