HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Queer Destroys Vatican, but Leaves Mecca Unscathed.
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 08, 2009 04:35AM

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/07/director-of-2012-destroys-rome-spares-mecca/

No one would ever accuse director Roland Emmerich of being subtle or shy. The German-born filmmaker has blown up or mowed down just about everything on Earth in movies from "Independence Day" (bye-bye, White House!) to "Godzilla" (sayonara, Manhattan!) to "The Day After Tomorrow" (welcome to our world, Antarctica!).

As for religion, he also takes no prisoners. He is openly gay and a fairly "outlandish provocateur," as he himself boasts. His London home features a wax sculpture of Pope John Paul II laughing as he reads his own obituary (sitting under the stair, like Harry Potter), and a Photoshopped picture of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "wearing an open dressing gown revealing a hairy six-pack."

"I would like to erase all nations and religions," as Emmerich put it to an interviewer in 2008.

Yet in his new big-screen, high-tech, end-of-the-world (again) thriller, "2012," Emmerich seems to have lost his nerve -- at least when it comes to Islam. In the movie -- the title refers to an ancient Mayan prophecy that some believe predicts the end of the world on Dec. 21, 2012 -- Emmerich goes out of his way to show the destruction of the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica, as well as the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer that stands on a mountain overlooking Rio de Janeiro.

The reason? "Because I'm against organized religion," as Emmerich tells SciFiWire.com.

Well, almost. When it came to showing the destruction of Mecca, and specifically the Kaaba, the cube-shaped building that all Muslims face when they pray, Emmerich got cold feet.

"Well, I wanted to do that, I have to admit," Emmerich says of his desire to smash the Kaaba. "But my co-writer Harald [Kloser] said I will not have a fatwa on my head because of a movie. And he was right."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 04:35AM by ThePackLeader.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Queer Destroys Vatican, but Leaves Mecca Unscathed.
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 08, 2009 08:35AM

Roland Emmerich
I would like to erase all nations and religions. Nationalism and religion are what create wars. They are slowly destroying the world.

an episode of south park called "Go God Go" best explained such an idea.

we will find a reason to kill each other.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 08, 2009 10:28AM

"Well, I wanted to do that, I have to admit," Emmerich says of his desire to smash the Kaaba. "But my co-writer Harald [Kloser] said I will not have a fatwa on my head because of a movie. And he was right."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This the approach most people take to offending Islam. Everyone wants to, but are afraid, either of being branded a racist, intolerant or a right wing loon.

In most cases with different cultures, appeasement, acceptance and good will are a good solution for coexistence, but this hasn't worked with Islamic culture and never will. They frighten people with fatwas, terrorist attacks and violent protests to get acceptance. The also use the freedoms of western civilizations to infiltrate and populate until their numbers dictate policy changes in favor of Sharia (see Great Britain, France).

It's hard for good, sane and free thinking people to accept that a strong dose of humility and rejection will actually do well for muslims in the long run. The more we appease them, the worse and more dangerous they get.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: November 08, 2009 10:41AM

Ahhhh..the futility of it all. It's so encouraging to know that the search for knowledge does nothing to improve the debate..improve the lot of man. Why bother to educate oneself when one can sit in front of a computer..all day...eevery day..never push himself away from the computer and human kind will remain static. And you beleive in god why? So you can sit in front of your computer and feel good about yourself?

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 08, 2009 10:58AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ahhhh..the futility of it all. It's so
> encouraging to know that the search for knowledge
> does nothing to improve the debate..improve the
> lot of man. Why bother to educate oneself when
> one can sit in front of a computer..all
> day...eevery day..never push himself away from the
> computer and human kind will remain static. And
> you beleive in god why? So you can sit in front
> of your computer and feel good about yourself?

Are you drunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:28AM

MrMephisto Wrote:

> Are you drunk?

I'm confused by his response as well, and reiterate, are you drunk, Vince?

Posted by: Ol' Bill ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:28PM

He's just stuck inside of Fairfax with the Lynchburg blues again.

Posted by: Czar ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:37PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ahhhh..the futility of it all. It's so
> > encouraging to know that the search for
> knowledge
> > does nothing to improve the debate..improve the
> > lot of man. Why bother to educate oneself when
> > one can sit in front of a computer..all
> > day...eevery day..never push himself away from
> the
> > computer and human kind will remain static.
> And
> > you beleive in god why? So you can sit in
> front
> > of your computer and feel good about yourself?
>
> Are you drunk?

it is actually scientifically proven that watching tv or reading/hearing something on the computer does not stimulate the brain like human speaking debating does. When some one tells you something, and you are able to challenge their thoughts threw words it increases your intelligence and knowledge of said subjects. When you are told repetitively you just believe it as truth. almost de-grating society, and oneselfs knowledge.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: November 08, 2009 07:53PM

god i love south park. here have some death.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:18AM

well i cant really say id do anything different, i dislike all (er most) of the worlds religions as well, but i cant say that id have the balls to fuck with the muslims. I mean what are christians going to do? protest? Fuckin muslims mean business son. Why would he want to die if he doesnt believe in an afterlife. He may not have balls, but hey, who wants to die over a stupid ( and most likely VERY SHITTY) movie.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.