HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pres Obama said people in Washington get all wee-weed up at this time of the year
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: August 21, 2009 07:21PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pres Obama said people in Washington get all wee-weed up at this time of the year
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 21, 2009 07:24PM

It's actually worse.....they get pee-peed up!

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Re: Pres Obama said people in Washington get all wee-weed up at this time of the year
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:22AM

It's not just in Washington. Patterson is whining about his woes as well.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/paterson-brings-up-racism-for-his-low-standing/

“We’re not in the post-racial period,” said Mr. Paterson, according to an article posted on The Daily News Web site, which cited an interview the governor provided to a radio program hosted by Errol Louis, a Daily News columnist.

“My feeling is it’s being orchestrated, it’s a game, and people who pay attention know that,” he said. “We have a media that doesn’t report the news. We have a media that wants to make the news.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/08/21/2009-08-21_gov_david_paterson_blames_call_for_.html

"We're not in the post-racial period," Paterson said.

"The reality is the next victim on the list - and you can see it coming - is President Barack Obama, who did nothing more than trying to reform a health care system."

Paterson said the campaign against him is being "orchestrated" by reporters who would rather make the news than report it.

But critics said the governor should blame his own blunders.

"He's given the media more than enough to feed on with the incompetence shown in his administration," said state Sen. Kevin Parker (D-Brooklyn), an African-American.

"To quote Michael Jackson, he should start with the man in the mirror," Parker said.

Attachments:
crybaby.gif

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:56AM

It's true. I get all wee weed up this time of year.

I go "whee! traffic is at it's lowest point all year! I can actually get to my destination in 12 minutes right now, when it usually takes me 20 to 30 minutes!"

Date: August 22, 2009 03:02AM

Sadly, we are left with Gibbs trying to rationalize what it was Obama was actually trying to say when he opened his mouth.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2009/08/weeweed_up_white_house_explain.html

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:05AM

when i saw obamas name next to "wee-weed" i thought something great was about to become legal...

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 23, 2009 02:00PM

Barack Funny Name Obama must be impeached because of his WILLFUL and UNACCEPTABLE NEGLIGENCE in setting the Twitterverse on fire.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: August 24, 2009 12:51PM

Another Brian Ross exclusive:

Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=8398902

Amid reports that Panetta had threatened to quit just seven months after taking over at the spy agency, other insiders tell ABCNews.com that senior White House staff members are already discussing a possible shake-up of top national security officials.

"You can expect a larger than normal turnover in the next year," a senior adviser to Obama on intelligence matters told ABCNews.com.

Posted by: dcnative ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:53PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

see something you are good at..

okay im done.

Date: August 24, 2009 01:09PM

Gov. David Paterson tells blogger people get 'nervous' if there are 'too many' minorities in office
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/08/24/2009-08-24_gov_david_paterson_tells_blogger_he_is_victim_of_orchestrated_campaign_because_o.html

After complaining on a Friday radio show that he is the victim of an "orchestrated" campaign to push him out of office, Paterson told a blogger that some people are uncomfortable with too many black people in power.

"Part of what I feel is that one very successful minority is permissible, but when you see too many success stories, then some people get nervous," Paterson told political blogger Gerson Borrero over the weekend.

Paterson's comment is sure to catch the ear of the White House, which already asked him to tone down his rhetoric after he said Friday that President Obama will be the next target of a racist media.

Defensive and at time self pitying, Paterson indicated he's been stewing for some time

Not that I follow him that much - but from what I have seen he does less "leading" and more pandering.

Date: August 24, 2009 02:58PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/24/AR2009082401743_pf.html

Too bad we can't have them investigate the folks that jump on buses and kill folks with bombs.

While I don't think we need to stoop to the levels of beheadings, or limb removal - I am all for them peeling back fingernails in cases where the subject they are questioning is known to have been involved in the planning or execution of an event. On the other hand unless they have clear evidence that the subject was definitely involved in whatever they are investigating, I don't think the extreme methods are justified. If they are just picked up on the battlefield, with no clear connection to an event happening 3000 miles away, even "mild" torture is not justified.

There is a line that crosses over the innocent until proven guilty line.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 24, 2009 04:30PM

I get Cee-Cee'd this time of year.

Date: August 25, 2009 12:47PM

More people that get on the "wee weed" boat. Is Glenn Beck the only whack job in this conversation? The folks organizing his boycott seem to be having limited success as well - and they seem to feel the need to inflate the folks they have on their side. When I see stuff like that I have to wonder why they try so hard...

UPDATED: Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/glenn-beck-ignores-ad-boycott.html

Beck has gone after Jones in the past. On July 28, he called the activist a "self-professed communist" and questioned the role he was playing in the administration. His latest assault on Jones came as Color of Change announced that it has secured commitments from 36 companies who have pledged not to advertise on Beck’s popular program, including Wal-Mart and Sprint. However, some of the companies never had a presence on "Glenn Beck." Representatives of Procter & Gamble and AT&T – listed by Color of Change as companies that had signed onto the boycott – told The Times that their companies did not run spots on Beck’s program to begin with.

While the advertising boycott has generated substantial media coverage, Fox News said it has not impacted the network’s revenues or Beck’s audience. "The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network so there has been no revenue lost," a spokeswoman said.

I remember they tried this with Rush Limbaugh too many years ago. Obviously it didn't make much of an impact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 02:00PM by Registered Voter.

Date: August 25, 2009 12:53PM

On the Grassroots/Astroturf organizers:

The summer of Astroturf
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26312.html

“We hold up this concept that grass roots needs to be 100 percent spontaneous — 50 people showing up spontaneously at the same place at same time. But there always needs to be some kind of organization — we provide the organizational backbone,” he said.

FreedomWorks was recently criticized by allies for charging $10,000 to conservative groups for the right to speak and access activists at a Sept. 12 Washington rally.

“Their 'organizing' is tending to dominate and over-formalize what would’ve otherwise been a more 'freelance' protest," grumbled a conservative activist.

The group cited the event’s costs, and Brandon, in turn, questioned whether his group’s arch-enemies in the game of town-hall packing — labor and the pro-White House group Health Care for America Now — were really all that authentic.

HCAN is “supposed to be this grass-roots effort and it’s funded by $80 million, and you look at their members and it’s all unions,” said Brandon.

“They have 10 times our yearly budget, and they’re organizing buses with their members — and these guys have the nerve to call us Astroturf?”

A spokeswoman for the health care group, Jacki Schechner, responded that “we actually are totally grass roots,” and that the bulk of their funding came from a grant from The Atlantic Philanthropies, with unions ponying up a mere $500,000 for membership on its steering committee.

Pot, meet Kettle. Although it appears the HCAN has a much larger pot.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.