HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Merriweather Post Pavilion - 35,000 capacity?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 01, 2009 07:12AM

OMG what a disaster this will be. I have been to shows there with 16000 people and it was asses to elbows!

Concert-goers grabbed all 35,000 free tickets for the Virgin Mobile FreeFest yesterday, but there’s still a chance to see the destination festival scheduled for Aug. 30 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md., and featuring blink-182, Weezer and Public Enemy. All it will cost you is your time.

Virgin Mobile USA and festival promoter I.M.P. call the community service option the “Generation Free I.P.” which gives residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C., the opportunity to perform 13 hours of community service helping youth homeless organizations in exchange for one I.P. ticket. Of course, the offer is good only while supplies last.
What’s an I.P. ticket? Think V.I.P. but without the “V.”
Virgin Mobile is also organizing volunteer projects in Philadelphia, Boston and New York where two free I.P. tickets will be given to folks donating the most time above 13 hours. Winners will also get a free bus ride to the festival by way of the event’s official bus line, Megabus.
Youth homeless organizations working with the festival include Bridge Over Troubled Waters in Boston; Green Chimneys in NYC; Help USA in Philadelphia; StandUP For Kids in Baltimore and Sasha Bruce in D.C.
“Once again, the folks at Virgin have come up with an idea that is so simple and wonderful, it reminds us we need people from outside the concert industry to take a fresh look,” said I.M.P. chairman Seth Hurwitz. “The idea of offering people the opportunity to do charity work in exchange for concert tickets is truly inspiring, and I am going to look for ways to do that the rest of the year. Why not use our power to give?”
For more information about the Virgin Mobile FreeFest and chances to exchange community service for tickets, please click here for the festival's Web site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Merriweather Post Pavilion - 35,000 capacity?
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:55AM

Can you say - Altamont.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:03PM

And how many security guards/police/ambulances on standby will they need. I mean, this aint the Spice Girls for heaven's sake.

Posted by: squeezie ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:05PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how many security guards/police/ambulances on
> standby will they need. I mean, this aint the
> Spice Girls for heaven's sake.

Dumbass, are you a product of the Fairfax County Public Schools?

How many songs did Squeeze have on the Billboard Hot 100 US Charts?

SAY IT! SAY IT!

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:19PM

Several on the hot 100. Only one made it up to 45 on the Bilboard singles SALES charts. All the others peaked below #45.

That is why they called their greatest hits album "Singles 45 and Under." Hourglass, by a reconfigured Sqeeze, got airplay, but the sales didn't do that well.

Posted by: squeezie ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:33PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Several on the hot 100. Only one made it up to
> 45 on the Bilboard singles SALES charts. All the
> others peaked below #45.

SALES Charts are but one component of the Hot 100. The Hot 100 is the industry standard for charting a songs popularity. Does your ego not allow you to admit when you are clearly wrong? You called me a Dumbass and I think you have been proven to be the Dumbass here. You obviously have no ide what you are talking about. I anxiously await your apology.

GOOD DAY, SIR.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 01, 2009 04:22PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> And how many security guards/police/ambulances on
> standby will they need. I mean, this aint the
> Spice Girls for heaven's sake.

35000. People will die I am telling you. People will die. Thank god the hospital is just down the street. Injuries and death will occur.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.